Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Login Access without LIve internet - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
bobhoffman wrote :
so, all the djs at the club will each have to buy a pro license to be able to use vdj8 on the club computer?

that will be a real life issue for sure.
I think we will have to explore other options for the djs who do not want to pay 400 to use the house computer.
I will still use vdj8, but yea...big issues.
One of the djs uses his own computer, but sometimes use the house computer too...and for reboots mid shift same thing..
this could be a killer for us.. too complex and expensive for the djs.

The software is 299, if it is not used at 2 different locations it won't be logged out. Also, are you saying that the club owns the software and the DJ's don't???

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:23 pm
the club computer has it installed. I bought the license and put it in. They also have a license.
But I am sure they do not want to give us their business account user/pass to virtualdj.
This is important since one dj (like me) will log in with my stuff and then log out. Next dj would need new credentials.
I just don't see this as being a usable option for our club software/computer. One mistake by anyone with the log ins and the 'no license' dj will be on the phone begging for login info from the club main office or other djs.

in a grand wonderful world, all the djs could get a license...but 299x5=1500. And some of those guys only work a few days.
I think they are gonna want a different option..so we are looking into finding a different video software (if there is one) for the club computer.
I would hate to see a fill in dj come in.... "hey, you need to spend 300 bucks to work tonight so you can use full version"
Just seems like an odd way to force licensure.

And I am not giving my account info out to a fill in dj....and the club is not going to either.

I gotta say, this is a big negative. Such a great upgrade too. Kills the entire idea of a club computer though.
I may not have explained it well..
but walk it through in your head....5 djs, 14 shifts, days and nights, backup lap top and home computer logins, different djs logging in and out, and the one guy without a license.... this can be a nightmare. And for no reason man.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:35 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
bobhoffman wrote :
the club computer has it installed. I bought the license and put it in. They also have a license.
But I am sure they do not want to give us their business account user/pass to virtualdj.
This is important since one dj (like me) will log in with my stuff and then log out. Next dj would need new credentials.
I just don't see this as being a usable option for our club software/computer. One mistake by anyone with the log ins and the 'no license' dj will be on the phone begging for login info from the club main office or other djs.

in a grand wonderful world, all the djs could get a license...but 299x5=1500. And some of those guys only work a few days.
I think they are gonna want a different option..so we are looking into finding a different video software (if there is one) for the club computer.
I would hate to see a fill in dj come in.... "hey, you need to spend 300 bucks to work tonight so you can use full version"
Just seems like an odd way to force licensure.

And I am not giving my account info out to a fill in dj....and the club is not going to either.

I gotta say, this is a big negative. Such a great upgrade too. Kills the entire idea of a club computer though.
I may not have explained it well..
but walk it through in your head....5 djs, 14 shifts, days and nights, backup lap top and home computer logins, different djs logging in and out, and the one guy without a license.... this can be a nightmare. And for no reason man.

Submit an E-Ticket, here --> http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:44 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Firstly I guess I should direct you to the EULA - http://www.virtualdj.com/atomixproductions/EULA.html

The EULA has not changed for version 8. It was never for more than one person. Its not a CLUB license to be used by 5 different DJ's. If each DJ besides the one has a login he/she can login to the sofware and use it when needed. You should never share your login regardless.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:45 pm
Homeboy wrote :
Firstly I guess I should direct you to the EULA - http://www.virtualdj.com/atomixproductions/EULA.html

The EULA has not changed for version 8. It was never for more than one person. Its not a CLUB license to be used by 5 different DJ's. If each DJ besides the one has a login he/she can login to the sofware and use it when needed. You should never share your login regardless.

got it..
then we gotta use something else then. Its just a small club and we would rather the guys used approved software that works on our club computer....this settles it then.
I will definitely still use it, but we gotta get the other guys on something else...

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 11:00 pm
bobhoffman wrote :
Homeboy wrote :

got it..
then we gotta use something else then. Its just a small club and we would rather the guys used approved software that works on our club computer....this settles it then.
I will definitely still use it, but we gotta get the other guys on something else...

So Automix what will you do about losing the Club Dj business . Clubs will not...I mean will not use this software if the djs have to pay a fee to work there. Clubs will spend money on other software before loosing there djs. this might need to be re evaluated.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:02 am
So they should be allowed to use it whilst in breach of the EULA?

I don't think I so.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:04 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It will be interesting to see how club installations will be going forward. I suspect when it comes down to it VDJ would like for it to be in clubs and I suspect they would be willing to privately deal with the issue, unless things have changed from the past which may be the case but a moderator did mention in this thread to contact support.

I know/heard of clubs buying the product because they got tired of all the DJs coming in unhooking cables only to end up having something not work for the next DJ so to eliminate that risk the club bought their own license. That's more business for VDJ!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:35 am
djtouchdan wrote :
So they should be allowed to use it whilst in breach of the EULA?

I don't think I so.

I understand where you are coming from for sure.
It used to be we all brought our own laptops and stuff...but we build a real nice solid computer for the club to avoid issues with poor laptops or cheaper computers a DJ would bring in.
Would be nice to have a club license, good for just one computer (one per club)...meaning just one logged in (as a backup has to be ready to go).
That way the club can have one login, leave it logged in, and a modify the account so no dj can do anything to the club account.
That way a nice commercial license just for the club. Then the djs could use the best software (although the djs might not be the best...what are you gonna do?)...

We have the same issue with music. We want high quality vids and lossless audio, but many djs use poorly coded mp3s and not so great videos.
But, adding the stuff from, let's say "promo only" is not a good fit either...since any dj could then copy that music and share it. PromoOnly has a watermark that can trace shared stuff should it get in the wild and disable the users account forever.

I think it is a big issue for clubs. You want the best, but at the same time you cannot license software for a club setting, nor can you guarantee high end music and vids are not taken and shared all over the planet....

this new version's sound is soooooooo much better. woof.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:45 am
gkon116PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just tried something interesting. While my wifi was on for my MacBook Pro, I switched back & forth between 7.3 (I thought I had 7.4!) & 8 and I was forced to enter my login & password every time I switched back & forth from 7.3 -> 8 -> 7.3 -> 8, etc, even though I was on the same machine, which i think is a minor bug.

However, when I disabled wifi, I was able to switch between 7.3 & 8 without having to enter my credentials; this leads me to believe that if I'm not hooked up to the Internet at a gig, VDJ should work fine. I believe if you have an active Internet connection that's when you need to enter your login/pass.

The one question I have is what if your laptop detects a wifi connection but you aren't connected, will it force you to enter your login/pass? I'm assuming No, but I hope someone from Atomix can verify this.

Cheers,

Nick

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 1:08 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
At the login box there is something there asking if a shared computer or not. If you tell it to remember you then I think it will remember your login.

I fired up 7.4 tonight and it did not ask me to sign in but there I do not use net search or anything so I don't bother logging in.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 1:17 am
gkon116PRO InfinityMember since 2006
JayMSY wrote :
At the login box there is something there asking if a shared computer or not. If you tell it to remember you then I think it will remember your login.

I fired up 7.4 tonight and it did not ask me to sign in but there I do not use net search or anything so I don't bother logging in.

JayMSY-

You are right, there is a button on 8 that mentions a shared computer, I didn't check it yet, but next time I log in I'll check it off.

Nick

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 1:20 am
Wonder what will happen if someone is logged in, at a gig, and somewhere else in the world...a hacker figures out their log in info and logs into another copy of V8. The guy at the gig will have his machine shut down in the middle of their set. lol

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:43 am
Login authentication only happens when the system launches.

The login window you see in V7 is linked to Content Unlimited and LiveFeedback. It is not directly linked to the license in VDJ 8.
However it will class it as two separate logins.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:47 am
LOL

I shouldn't think it would shut down once it's already up and running. ;-)

I did raise the issue though, that potentially someone could log you out when your back was turned. Hopefully there'll be an option to hide the log out button or password protect it.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:48 am
czech54PRO InfinityMember since 2012
Well, I asked this in another thread, and apparently not only was my post not answered, but my post was deleted entirely. -- So I am going to re-voice my concerns and hope that someone will address the issue as I'm sure that I am not the only one it affects.

This process of logging out the first computer and disabling the VDJ "Pro" once you log into another computer is UNACCEPTABLE for me. I ALWAYS use TWO computers when I DJ. And I always use the content unlimited which I subscribe to.

I paid for a VDJ license that specifies the ability to use two computers. I pay for my content unlimited access every month.

From the VDJ Pro ELUA:
- It gives you the right to install and use the software on a maximum of two computers, by one person.

I NEED the ability to have two fully functional, working computers for the types of gigs that I do. I understand why you created this security feature, but it is directly in-congruent to the terms specified in the EULA that was agreed upon when I purchased the software. This problem needs to be addressed, and not ignored.

I am willing to even purchase a USB security dongle or something if that would remedy the issue (even though I don't think I should have to). This is a serious issue for me. Please offer a solution.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:16 am
If you have internet access then it isn't a problem. You can have two machines running at the same time. 1 should technically be for backup BUT so long as only you are using both machines then you are not in breach of the EULA.

If there is an internet connection issue then you need to contact support who will work out a solution for you.
http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:19 am
djtouchdan wrote :
If you have internet access then it isn't a problem. You can have two machines running at the same time. 1 should technically be for backup BUT so long as only you are using both machines then you are not in breach of the EULA.

If there is an internet connection issue then you need to contact support who will work out a solution for you.
http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

I was told that once you log in with the second computer, it will log out the first computer. Is this true or not?

--and thank you for your quick response.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:21 am
No. The software only checks login at launch of Virtual DJ.

So you can load machine 1 - login and the software is fully functional.
The load machine 2 - login and the software is fully functional.

If you then exit VDJ on machine 1 (whilst be connected to the internet) and reload it - you will be asked to log in again.

Hope that makes sense.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:24 am
djtouchdan wrote :
No. The software only checks login at launch of Virtual DJ.

So you can load machine 1 - login and the software is fully functional.
The load machine 2 - login and the software is fully functional.

If you then exit VDJ on machine 1 (whilst be connected to the internet) and reload it - you will be asked to log in again.

Hope that makes sense.

That makes complete sense. Apparently I was mis-informed previously. Thank you for your attention to the matter.

So, Was that how VDJ Pro 7 worked previously? --at least with the Content Unlimited. I know I always had to re-login to my main PC anytime I rebooted after I used my backup.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:30 am
19%