Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ ScrollText - Page: 17

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I see.......well just a simple clock, mm.dd.year.hh.mm.ss.
Yeah after messing with those numbers I got "this long till new years" which is badass!!

Thanks
Huey

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 7:34 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
v1.5.5 is now available. Changes:

* Macro #COUNTDOWN# no longer displays seconds
* New macro: #COUNTDOWNWS# works as per old #COUNTDOWN# macro (ie displays seconds)
* New macro: #BPM# - BPM of current track rounded to 0 decimal places
* New macro: #BPM1# - BPM of current track rounded to 1 decimal place
* New macro: #REMAIN# - time remaining of current track
* New macro: #ELAPSED# - time elapsed of current track
* New macro: #CLOCK# - displays current time in HH:MM
* New macro: #CLOCKWS# - displays current time in HH:MM:SS
* New macro: #DCLOCK# - displays current date/time in dd/mm/yyyy HH:MM
* New macro: #DCLOCKWS# - displays current date/time in dd/mm/yyyy HH:MM:SS
* New macro: #MCLOCK# - displays current date/time in mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM
* New macro: #MCLOCKWS# - displays current date/time in mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS
* New macro: #12CLOCK# - displays current time in HH:MM (12-hour format)
* New macro: #12CLOCKWS# - displays current time in HH:MM:SS (12-hour format)
* New macro: #12DCLOCK# - displays current date/time in dd/mm/yyyy HH:MM (12-hour format)
* New macro: #12DCLOCKWS# - displays current date/time in dd/mm/yyyy HH:MM:SS (12-hour format)
* New macro: #12MCLOCK# - displays current date/time in mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM (12-hour format)
* New macro: #12MCLOCKWS# - displays current date/time in mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS (12-hour format)
* Additional font loading safety code - if a font fails to load 'Arial' is substituted automatically
* Scroll speed can now be reduced to 0 to stop text whilst it is on the screen
* Macro code updated - far less time needed to process them so it may improve speed a little (even if you're not using macros)

It's worth noting that all macros are dynamically updated live as they scroll.

Hopefully we should almost be at a point where everyone is happy with it as is, so I can concentrate on the major update?

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 8:24 am
Shuts mouth... My only Xmas pressie this year came from SBDJ.

I'm sooooo good!

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 8:36 am
Wow!! Now that's what I call results!!! You never fail Scott!

Thank you and Great Job
Huey

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 8:36 am
Joop3mPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@ sbdj he-he-he.... nice work ! I hope the Twitter integration is up next?

(which countdown should i use for it?)

gr,
Joop

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 8:44 am
Joop3m wrote :
I hope the Twitter integration is up next?

v1.5 was only released as an interim update as there had been no changes to ScrollText in a long time, and a GUI bug existed that made it difficult to use on v6 onwards. No major new features are being added to this version.

There is however a major rewrite of ScrollText in progress at the moment - it's an entirely new code base, a new rendering engine for the text and a completely new user interface with a whole load of new features. If I decide that twitter integration is to be added, then it's this version it will be added to. Once everyone is happy with v1.5 as is and it proves stable enough, work can continue on the new version.

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 8:58 am
Well Scott, that's the most diplomatic answer i heard today ;-)

good luck.

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 9:04 am
No twitter, that's what firetext is for................don't really see a good reason for twitter.

Just my thoughts
Huey

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 9:23 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
No twitter, that's what firetext is for................don't really see a good reason for twitter.

Just my thoughts
Huey

How can i manage that? in other words... does it work through the firetext plugin? or do i have to buy Firetext?

In that case: no thanks... for trying these things out i will not go for the commercial version....

There MUST be some open source thing , something like http://www.twitterfountain.com in horizontal scroll modus?

In other words..... I disagree ;-)!

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 12:11 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
When you say you won't go for the commercial version do you mean you won't pay for it, fair comment, but remember Firetext is a commercial organization and must bring in revenue just like any other company. Otherwise we couldn't produce and gift free plugins for users like yourself.

As "for trying things out" the Firetext plugin is there for you to use at anytime and does not come with an expiry period.

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 8:44 pm
O.k. scott I'm late in noticing yet another update.just tried to install and got a Error #5 so will ( delete the old one?) try again.....(2 mins Later) never mind, I got it!...It seems saving & replacing the old version screws up...he,he

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 9:09 pm
Well Scott everything is good here. Just ran it for 4 hours without a glitch!!

As always Great Job!!
Huey

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 11:38 pm
tayla wrote :
When you say you won't go for the commercial version do you mean you won't pay for it, fair comment, but remember Firetext is a commercial organization and must bring in revenue just like any other company. Otherwise we couldn't produce and gift free plugins for users like yourself.

As "for trying things out" the Firetext plugin is there for you to use at anytime and does not come with an expiry period.

Thanks Tayla.

It's not that my venue won't pay for it, it's just me trying to convince them to use it. Last Xmas - party we tried it, it worked, but we were a year to soon... This time we try it again. I did a few things with a ticker. It looked no big deal to me to integrate it in an app like SBDJ's scrolltext... That's why my question....

but it's too early to go commercial with it... The only thing i can at this moment is advertise....

Let me know what you think...

gr,
Joop

Posted Wed 27 Oct 10 @ 6:02 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If you combine Scotts scroll text and some of the features in the Firetext plugin together you can come up with some great effects for your screen, I use it this way all the time.

Use the image tab in Firetext and select either single image or adrotator as another form of show logo, then you can use the text tab to send text vertically while Scotts scroll text is going horizontally... looks cool.

Remember if you just want to send text to screen you or the club can purchase the FT Lite version for just 72 euros'.

Hope that helps.

Posted Wed 27 Oct 10 @ 11:20 am
All working! and FT plugin as well....all by my Little self....he,he

Posted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 3:31 am
and all that's needed is for you guys to find a way of being able to set up and preview scrolltext/firetext on the left or right player window before send ing it out to the main screen....and I'll be mega happy :o)

Posted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 4:42 am
AFAIK that can't be done in the current SDK.

Posted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 7:19 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Finally it works for me too ! This time i saved the Installer and executed afterwards. It runs smooth. Great Job SBDJ as always. The only thing for me is that it deosnt display Greek letters (symbols instead) in the artist- title. Text in greek is ok. Can you fix this in next update ?

Thanks

Posted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 7:38 am
This is minor but was never mentioned, atleast I don't think it was. When typing in a macro you must use CAPS. Example: #TITLE# , not this #title#. Well atleast for me it works like that. Anybody care to chime in, Scott, lol! Or was this just some fluke on my part??

Huey

Posted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 10:20 am
Perhaps you can help with two things SBDJ...

one is that when I use the plugin...the text is huge...even when on the smallest font size. Any way to get it smaller? Or adjust the video so there is a letterbox at the bottom or top of the screen when the scrolling is going on...(so it doesn\'t overlap on video)

second is in this thread...perhaps you could work with someone else on this?

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/136437/Wishes_and_new_features/Virtual_DJ_for_Karaoke_Business.html

the thread talks about being able to scroll your karaoke rotation at the bottom of the screen like another program available...(that sucks...we like VDJ we just want the functionality) take a peek below...

This is the idea of what we would like...the scrolling you can set to 10 people out or less. It updates of course as the list updates. I'm sure if this feature was available on VDJ they would sell oodles more. (can you say kickback?) Thank you for reading this even if you can't help!

Posted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 1:04 pm
56%