Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ ScrollText - Page: 18

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You're right, macros are case sensitive. I'll look into the Greek letters thing; I think I know what it is.

TheDJCoach wrote :
one is that when I use the plugin...the text is huge...even when on the smallest font size. Any way to get it smaller?

If you want to go smaller you can go to lower font sizes than the presets - it will accept all the way down to 1 point which is pretty damned small. Just type the size in manually as you do in other windows programs.

TheDJCoach wrote :
second is in this thread...perhaps you could work with someone else on this?

That would have to be implemented in the karaoke plugin itself as it doesn't expose that information to anything else I'm afraid. I did consider writing an upgraded karaoke plugin actually...

Posted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 1:09 pm
Short note for anyone using the #ELAPSED# macro, it must be used together with a #REMAIN# macro, otherwise it doesn't update.
@ Scott, I wouldn't worry about this one, leave it for the major release. :-)

Posted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 9:46 pm
v1.5.6 now available. Changes:

* Fixed #ELAPSED# macro
* Fixed unicode from VDJ in #ARTIST#, #TITLE# and #COMMENT# macros.

Posted Fri 29 Oct 10 @ 12:02 am
Thanks Scott.... I think we all owe you Christmas Presents! ;-)

Posted Fri 29 Oct 10 @ 1:30 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
SBDJ wrote :

* Fixed unicode from VDJ in #ARTIST#, #TITLE# and #COMMENT# macros.

Confirmed for Greek characters. !!!

Posted Fri 29 Oct 10 @ 8:43 am
RKNROBPRO InfinityMember since 2010
As everyone is loving this plug in, I went and downloadd it from the site. I think it's installed right, but once I try to use it I get this error:

Can't start because d3dx9_42.dll missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the prgram to fix this problem.

Any ideas how I can fix this and use Scott's wonderful plug in?

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 7:53 pm
Download the latest DirectX 9 updates from Microsoft.

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 7:56 pm
The macros #ARTIST, #TITLE, etc. currently don't seem to take using more than two decks into account.

I was playing a song on deck 4, which was set as the right deck, but ScrollText showed the artist and title of the song loaded on deck 2 (Which was not playing.)

Posted Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 2:03 pm
This version of ScrollText uses the v5 SDK which appears to only be capable of returning decks 1 and 2. I'm loathe to update it as I know some people are still using it on v5.

The new version will be v6 SDK based however.

Posted Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 3:58 pm
f1rmanPRO InfinityMember since 2008
hi please help me..... iv downloaded sbdj scroll txt.... i installed it and restarted virtual dj.... im running virtual dj 7 pro..... wen i go to video effect and click on the scroll txt feature, the screen to the right where the option's normally are is now blank not even an activate button...........

Posted Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 2:21 pm
I tried to install the SBDJ Scrolling Text..... But I keep getting an error!
"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_42.dll was not found?
I have Windows XP....

Posted Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 11:07 pm
See above.... >:-\

Posted Wed 03 Nov 10 @ 12:34 am
How about adding a feature that is able to pick up text from either id3 tag comments or from other external sources using the current playing track as the pointer to the text. A bit like the standard Titler effect is able to pick up artist and track from the DB.

Posted Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 11:14 am
Are there any settings on a pc to improve the smoothness of the scroll? My standby pc has an Nvidia card and is perfect , yet my laptop with ati mobility radeon card is slightly jittery from time to time. When the jitters happen the cpu is low and nothing else is running in the background. I'm using Windows 7 32 bit and 4GB memory

Posted Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 11:24 am
steviego wrote :
How about adding a feature that is able to pick up text from either id3 tag comments or from other external sources using the current playing track as the pointer to the text. A bit like the standard Titler effect is able to pick up artist and track from the DB.

It can pick artist, title, bpm, time left, time played, comments, the date and time. Not sure what else there is but I think that it. Not sure if that's what you want?

Huey

Posted Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 11:28 am
Forget my random post earlier. Hadn't read through the post for driving instructions. This does exactly what I want it to, but could not get Year to be picked up. Is it possible to have 2 independant streams of text or is that too much. One stream for the song details chart history etc and another for requests / shouts etc with info on when a request will be played ie (your track) in 3 songs time (Possibly picked up from current playlist).

Posted Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 11:24 pm
If you want the plugin to run twice, copy the .DLL file again, and add a V2 to the file name, then VDJ will show the plugin twice in the effects list, then just run the original, and the extra version at the same time. If you have two files saved with two separate locations (Horizontal position) set you'll get two scrolling texts.

DLL can be found in Documents/virtualdj/plugins/video effect or similar, if my memory serves. If theres a better way to do it I'm sure Scott will know it.

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 1:54 am
Thanx for that Halo DJK. Works a treat. Was using Firetext as secondary display but its message handling is not as good. I prefer SBDJ's message handling. Would be nice if Horizontal size & position could be added. 2 streams running so far reeeeelllly nice. 3 or 4 Streams would be even better. Nice work anyway.

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 4:02 am
Size can already be adjusted with the font size options, also horizontal position can be changed to move the scroller up or down the screen. The only thing you cant change is the start or finish location.

I wouldn't suggest anymore than two scrollers at least for my use, as if the screens start getting too busy people start ignoring them. This was the idea behind adding the delays to scroltext, so people don't get sick of seeing the constantly running text, or obstructing their favorite video.

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 5:05 am
59%