Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ ScrollText - Page: 16

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Joop3mPRO InfinityMember since 2007
By the way:

Where can i find all the macros that have been developed so far?

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 4:18 am
Joop3m wrote :
By the way:

Where can i find all the macros that have been developed so far?

Here I would guess,

#artist#
#title#
#comment#
#countdown# (see Scotts post above re ver 1.5 on this)

Have I missed any?

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 4:34 am
thanks ;-)

You're a experienced user on this. Do you konw if there's an integration with twitter / tweets?

gr,
Joop

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 4:48 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
That looks like a cosmetic bug; I'll check that out as it should be a simple fix.

Thats the complete list of Macros, yes. There is no twitter integration, however I can look at adding something like that for the next major version.

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 6:29 am
v1.5.3 now available.

Changes:

* Fixed unicode bug with direction slider text under certain circumstances
* Removed version number from plugin name (not sure when that got added?!) - version is in plugin description and DLL properties.

HTH ;)

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 6:37 am
Ok Scott, that'll be nice...

If you want some more info about this, please ask.. i'll try to sort this out..

regards,
Joop

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 7:42 am
Awesome, thanks Scott.

I'm wondering if Twitter brings the thought of Facebook additions, myself, I think its a little too close to Firetext then.

Scroltext is all good for me now!

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 9:12 am
Eeep, for the next build, "Delay after all" setting not being saved or loaded.

Suggestion: Delete button, to delete messages.

Also think I need a tutorial on navigating the Messages window. I have one with around 20 messages, if I click the first one, it highlights in the messages window, but it does so over the next two messages. If I click one in row two, I can then randomly click in line one, opening messages that were under the highlight from message 1. Ive tried using the cursor arrow keys to navigate around but it then seems yo navigate all over the place.
I'm not sure if I'm missing something on the right edge of the plugin, as there are words there I cannot click to edit at all, but I cannot work out exactly what messages they are, as there is only like one word showing. the screen shots I posted may even show the window.

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 10:21 am
Delay after all fixed in the next build.

There is already a delete button - "Delete Selected" ?

Can you explain the issue with messages a bit better?

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 11:29 am
SBDJ wrote :
Delay after all fixed in the next build.

There is already a delete button - "Delete Selected" ?

Can you explain the issue with messages a bit better?

My bad on the delete button, missed it.

Bit hard to describe the highlight issue, as I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing. As far as I guess, the first couple words appear for each message in the "Messages" box. When you click one, it highlights, and a few more words (i think) appear. When you click a message on another line, the "extra words" that appeared when you highlighted a message on line one still seem to stay there, but not highlighted. (Note this is all in the messageS box, nothing here refers to the edit box)

I'll have to look at the saved file with notepad to see what messages are appearing and where, to tell what bits of what I am seeing, and the perhaps explain it better. In the end thats what I did when I noticed I couldn't see what I was doing in the plugin, as I needed to remove all the messages that had my name in them (In case another dj was playing while my pc what up on the screen), but I couldn't tell if I had viewed all the messages as these extra words at the ends of the lines were there and I didn't know what the messages were, if they were messages or what, as when I clicked them, nothing happened. They wouldn't highlight.

I hope your as confuzzled as I am now! =)

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 1:23 pm
Perhaps some close up screenshots would help, I've not experienced anything like you're saying!

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 3:26 pm
Ok, still not exactly sure how its supposed to display, so it may be me doing something wrong.

This image is after load Note when I dbl click the word photog, you can see the Chinese scrolled at the top left of the image, it also wont actually highlight, ready to edit. I also have no messages at all with this new word PHOTOG in it.

This is how I guess it is supposed to highlight.

If you click the second message you get this. I'm guessing this is where the word PHOTO came from?

If you click a couple of other messages, then click the first one again, you get this. Note how its highlighted over the second message. even if you click a message in another row now, that highlighted message on line one stays stuck there over the top of message two, however not highlighted.

OK, heres the messages from the loaded fille.

MessageOn=NOW PLAYING; #TITLE# BY #ARTIST#, MIXED BY VJK!
MessageOn=CHECK US OUT ON THE WEB...
MessageOn=NOW PLAYING; #TITLE# BY #ARTIST#!
MessageOn=SEEN VJK'S WEBSITE? LOOK THROUGH HIS MUSIC LIBRARY, EVEN PLAY ONLINE GAMES!
MessageOn=GET YOUR PHOTOS FREE @ MARS WEBSITE....
MessageOn=VJK... WELL NO..... THOM NOW PLAYING #ARTIST#, #TITLE#.... THOM IS THE MUSCLE BEHIND VJK!
MessageOn=USE YOUR INTERNET READY MOBILE TO LOOK THROUGH VJK'S MUSIC LIBRARY, SURF TO
MessageOn=NOW PLAYING; #TITLE# BY #ARTIST#, RIGHT HERE AT THE MARS!
MessageOn=WANNA PIC, GRAB OUR WEEKEND PHOTOGRAPHER, THEN GRAB YOUR PHOTO OFF OUR WEBSITE FREE!
MessageOn=HE'S HERE, BENJI... GREEN & VERY MEAN!
MessageOn=CHECK OUT MARS ON A THURSDAY, WITH YOUR VJ BEEJAY SPINNING YOUR FAVE MUSIC VIDEOS, DRINK SPECIALS, AND FREE ENTRY ALL NIGHT!
MessageOn= #TITLE# BY #ARTIST#, PLAYING NOW!
MessageOn=CHEAP BOOZE AT MARS WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, & FRIDAY NIGHTS. JUST $5 FOR HOUSE BEERS & SPIRITS, ASK AT THE BAR FOR DETAILS!
MessageOn=WHEN #ARTIST# HEARD THAT BENJI HAD ARRIVED, THE ONLY COMENT WAS "HOLY ShiT"!
MessageOn=MARS IS OPEN WED TO SAT FROM 9PM TILL LATE. DON'T FORGET FREE ENTRY EVERY WED, & THUR NIGHT!
MessageOn=BENJI IS HERE...
MessageOn=DONT FORGET, NO DRINKS PERMITTED ON THE DANCEFLOOR... WE'D HATE FOR YOU TO SLIP AND BREAK YOUR ARSE!
MessageOn=NOW PLAYING; #TITLE# BY #ARTIST#!
MessageOn=WANT YOUR VOICE HEARD, WANT YOUR FRIENDS TO KNOW HOW MUCH FUN YOU HAD AT MARS, POST A MESSAGE ON OUR FORUM. CLICK THE LINK FROM OUR WEBSITE
MessageOn=FREE INTERNET, WHY YES THANKS! CONNECT HERE AT THE MARS FREE. BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE MARS BAR, INTERNODE & #ARTIST#!
MessageOn=LUXI'S GOT A BROTHER NAMED BENJI. IF SHE'S THE BRAINS, HE'S THE MUSCLE!
MessageOn=NOW PLAYING.... UM.. ER.. DON'T TELL ME.. OH, IT'S RIGHT ON THE TIP OF MY TOUNGUE.. OH, IS IT #ARTIST# WITH #TITLE#? tOLD YOU I'D GET IT!
MessageOn=The Mars.... Exclusive home to the LuxArt Lasers.
MessageOn=Beam me up.... Don't mind if I do, Benji is here, & after a new software update for Luxi. This brother & sister team, with a little help from VJK are out to light up the night

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 9:58 pm
@Scott, when I use the #COUNTDOWN:xxxx# the time shows up like this "1288067597".................I went to that site you posted but I dont understand whats going on there. Can you tell me how to get it to show "dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss" if thats possiable??

Thanks for your time and great plugins!!
Huey

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 11:37 pm
@ Halo

It appears somehow I've managed to put the listbox in the wrong display mode. Will fix that!

@ Beatbreaker

From that website, the date Sat, 01 Jan 2011 00:00:00 GMT converts to an epoch of 1293840000. If I set a macro in ScrollText of #COUNTDOWN:1293840000# then ScrollText displays "66 days 15 hours 52 minutes 43 seconds". I'll probably add the ability to format the date string for both input and display in the next major version.

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 3:07 am
Version 1.5.4 uploaded. Changes:

* Delay after all setting now saved/loaded
* Background speed now saved/loaded
* Message list display bug fixed
* Background speed range increased

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 3:22 am
Coooooooollllllll, Wish my landlord worked as fast as you do!

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 6:07 am
LOL - does it work better for you now?

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 6:21 am
Ok I see. That sure is some kinda weird clock, lmao! Or maybe you could make it so it just displays the time. Nothing fancy just the time.

Thanks
Huey

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 7:23 am
The countdown macro is a countdown timer to a target time, not a clock. It's use is more in a message such as "3 days 2 hours 10 minutes 3 seconds until christmas" or such like, or "10 minutes 30 seconds until happy hour".

I suppose it could do 66 days 13:45:10 on another macro instead of "66 days 13 hours 45 minutes 10 seconds". What exactly would you like to see?

Proper formatting will be in the next big version hopefully.

A clock would be a different macro which I can add easily enough.

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 7:26 am
xx hours, xx minutes till Christmas gets my vote. Seconds would be off by the time the message scrolled accross, unless you have the seconds changing while scrolling, but I wouldn't think you need seconds unless the text is locked on the screen.

Just my 2 bob.

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 7:30 am
53%