Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ ScrollText - Page: 14

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

@SBDJ, you think you could let us test your beta for Scrolltext v.2?? Would be nice to try something new. Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks for your time
Huey

Posted Sat 24 Apr 10 @ 3:12 pm
?

Posted Sun 30 May 10 @ 1:17 pm
islanboy wrote :
@ Halo. Thanks for pointing out where to get info about the D9X link on the other thread. Got scroll text working but I saved some files and just like you pointed out when I load them nothing is shown. I did open the font and not getting the text to show.

Understand yours is corrected now but just wondering when do you remember it being corrected? When you mention the newer 1.1; was that a recent release?

1.1 was released shortly after v1 to iron some bugs out.

Posted Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 5:39 am
gazawebHome userMember since 2009
sounds goooood

Posted Wed 02 Jun 10 @ 10:10 am
Only tried using Alpha controls for both background and the text recently. Its fading to black, instead of fading to the video underneath for some reason.

I wanted to fade the text slightly so it appeared glass like, but it didnt seem to work for me.

Posted Thu 24 Jun 10 @ 9:59 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Just to let you all know that I'm still working on this update. I wasn't happy with v2 as it was so it has been undergoing a massive overhaul.

I've re-rewritten a large chunk of the plugin and created (another) entirely new GUI to handle it all as the old one was just becoming cluttered again. The new GUI couldn't be more uncluttered if it tried even though it has masses more functionality than the scrolltext version you all have. I've also re-written all the message/background drawing code with an entirely new method which has great potential for new toys in later versions :)

I shall probably release the updated plugin without SMS support initially. I've ended up writing my own SMS library which is no small undertaking and I want to be sure it's the right move before either releasing with that or licensing someone elses library.

You can play with the text a bit more now too ;)

Posted Mon 28 Jun 10 @ 8:40 pm
NICE WORK!! Cant wait to get my hands on this!!

Kepp up the GREAT work
Huey

Posted Mon 28 Jun 10 @ 9:36 pm
The following is what I'm aiming for with the initial release:

* Scrolling text obviously
* New GUI; plugin interface shows only 3 controls. Everything else is done via context menus and popup windows.
* Text is now drawn using DirectX in 3D (rather than the old GDI in 2D method).
* You can set a default message format (speed, font, colour, position etc) for all new messages
* You can then customise all parameters (including background box) on a per-message basis
* Bounding box now calculated more accurately for a tighter background box, and more accurate screen position detection.
* Background box can be drawn in several different ways (grow from center, drop down, fade)
* Background box can be random colour
* Background box can be a picture
* Background box can have a configurable size increase over text.
* Text can be random colour - or multi-random-colour as per above screenshot. Frequency of multi-random-colour change is configurable too.
* Alpha support for both text and background box
* Configurable post-message delay (global and per-message)
* Configurable border positions (global and per-message) allowing you to start/end the message before the edge of the screen.
* Load/Save configuration
* More macro support, insertable via context menu so you don't have to remember the macro codes
* User configurable quick insert messages via the context menu (for example 'Last Orders At The Bar' - optionally automatically de-activating all other messages)
* Messages can be enabled/disabled/added/deleted
* Messages can be moved up/down the message list
* Unicode support

As you can see that is not a small list! It's been a long time coming, but hopefully I will get there soon with an initial update release :)

Once thats happy and stable then I'll release the version with SMS Integration. The new text drawing method will hopefully allow for 3D effects such as depth, spinning, shadows, lighting effects and so on in the future too.

Just to note that this is not intended as competition to FireText which does far more than just scrolling text, and my SMS support is not likely to be anywhere near as sophisticated as theirs!

Posted Mon 28 Jun 10 @ 10:10 pm
A substantial update non the less ...good stuff scott !!

Posted Mon 28 Jun 10 @ 10:29 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Wow!!! I've been using Scrolltext every night at gigs since it's release, nowadays it runs in conjunction with Firetext throughout the night giving me some great options on screen as both compliment each other fantastically well, just like your other plugins Scott. Non VDJ users will become even more of the green eyed monsters when this is released... can't wait.

Posted Tue 29 Jun 10 @ 2:06 am
Good work Scott... Can't wait... Message me if you're building a beta test list.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Tue 29 Jun 10 @ 11:03 am
**Puts Arm In Air** Faithful Scrolltext user happy to test. =)

Note of thought, just saw * Configurable border positions (global and per-message) allowing you to start/end the message before the edge of the screen. This is ideal for use where scrolling text dissapears into a club/DJ logo. As to how to have this fade in and out with the text/border when it appears, and adjust the size to suit I cant quite work out, but it would be awesome if it could be used like this, many of the sports shows do this too.

Posted Wed 30 Jun 10 @ 11:03 am
try it out on the firetext plugin (text feature), that will give you an idea until scott releases his update.

Posted Wed 30 Jun 10 @ 11:38 am
Im sure I had, but from memory found something missing that I needed, perhaps outline, it wasd a while ago. Firetext may have even been updated since I tried it. Whatever it was I ended back on Scrolltext.

Posted Wed 30 Jun 10 @ 12:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Well done ..Mr Plugin !

Posted Wed 30 Jun 10 @ 4:27 pm
@halo, i was on about the function, not what was missing.

Posted Wed 30 Jun 10 @ 6:22 pm
I've not used the released version of this plugin for a long time (pre VDJ6) and the team were using it at the recent BPM show in Birmingham. I didn't realise the GUI elements missing were such a pain so I compiled an updated version (v1.5) to fix the GUI bugs.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/4560/SBDJ_ScrollText.html

Backup your old version so you can easily revert if you have issues.

This is not the all singing, all dancing new ScrollText version.

It does however have a few features and improvements over the older version.

* GUI now compatible with VDJ 6 and VDJ 7.
* Unicode support
* New macro #COMMENT#
* Click message to edit
* Ability to reorder messages
* Ability to enable/disable messages
* Different background box drawing method, with alpha capability as well
* Ability to add extra delay after all messages

This version has a few quirks but I've been using it OK. It's from the old codebase of ScrollText v1 so isn't under active development.

The newer version of Scrolltext is still under active development and is coming along nicely and adds a whole load of new features including 3D accelerated text to reduce tearing and SMS support. I'm considering making some of these features available as a 'premium' version for a small fee but am undecided at present.

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 11:57 pm
WE can't wait...Keep up the good work Scott and thanks for plugin away for us!

Posted Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 12:03 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Bug...

Write some messages in the text box and add (you can skip this) ..
then if you havent selected a text line and you press Move Up or Move down or Delete then you have a crash.

So you have to be very carefull with this.

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 8:08 pm
Thanks, will look into that ASAP.

Posted Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 4:14 am
46%