Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ ScrollText - Page: 13

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello SBDJ!

Enter Chinese characters.Very good.However,

When the user presses the load button, I get Direct3D Not initialised and error message.

By the way, I have installed DirectX 9.0 c.

Please help.

Posted Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 8:29 pm
Try "Activating" the plugin first, then load your file. Note that you must create your text's first, then save them before you can load them with the plugin.

Posted Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 2:14 am
To halo_djk

Thank you.

Problem solved.

Posted Wed 04 Nov 09 @ 4:25 am
Your most welcome!

Posted Wed 04 Nov 09 @ 6:23 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Did anything ever come of the new scrolltext version then, or did Tayla convince you to shelve it in favour of the Firetext thing? ;-)

Posted Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 2:10 pm
djsherz wrote :
Did anything ever come of the new scrolltext version then, or did Tayla convince you to shelve it in favour of the Firetext thing? ;-)

I certainly hope not. Firetext is a great program but ridiculously expensive. I understand it's new and all but it's a little out of my price range. I didn't even pay that much for VDJ. I basically just want text to request and maybe polling for contests. I don't need a chatroom in my club. I love the plug-ins that Scott (SBDJ) creates for all of us here at VDJ and I hope he continues his work here for us all.

Posted Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 2:46 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thats a definate nope, there is no way that i could influence Scott in anyway on the progress of a plugin, other than like you guys putting forward suggestions that you would like to see included in his next release. Honestly my show wouldn't look as half as good without the use of Scotts plugins.

Anyway why would I, if you have never used the free Firetext plugin then you wouldn't understand how some of Scotts work and Firetexts both compliment each other when used together, get the plugin from the download section and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

As for some of the guys not wanting or needing the use of all the functions of the plugin "it's horses for courses" as we say over here and we at Firetext understand that, thats why I'll be shortly announcing a solution for that dilema.

Paul.

Posted Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 6:54 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As soon as Slideshow v2 is sorted, this is next on my list to finish off. I'm trying to get all my projects done so I can draw a line under them and move on with new stuff :)

Posted Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 7:04 pm
chakerhPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi all.
i am facing a pb with installing directx.
i have 2 laptopes both are hp hdx16 using the nvidia 9600.
the first that works on win7 i installed the scroll text works fine.
the 2nd works on vista 64, wherevre i am installing the directx i receive this message (a cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabeled and the cabinet file certificate is valid)
by the way the win vista 64 is original that comes in my notebook
Any help please?

Posted Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 4:15 pm
By the way wherever i press the plugin in the virual dj 6.05, i always receive (this app. has failed to start because d3dx9_36dll was not found.re-installing the app. may fix the pb.)
so i did but still facing the pb, so i assumed that my laptop needs the directx as explaned with the plugin.
thx

Posted Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 4:23 pm
Does this help?

Microsoft wrote :
Enable cryptographic services. On the Start menu, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage. The Computer Management window appears. In the left navigation pane, click Services and Applications. In the right pane, double click Services, and then double-click Cryptographic Services. The Cryptographic Services Properties property sheet appears. On the General tab, make sure that Service Status is Started, and that Startup Type is Automatic.

Posted Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 6:54 pm
it was like you said started and automatic, so no nothing happened
still facing the pb with installing the dirextx

Posted Tue 16 Feb 10 @ 6:18 am
There are plenty of hits for it on google, so I'd recommend doing a search there and seeing what you can turn up.

Posted Tue 16 Feb 10 @ 6:44 am
thx man i'll try and get back to you
thanks

Posted Tue 16 Feb 10 @ 6:50 pm
i tried, but still with the problem.
by the way i downloaded a new driver from n videa 9600 the size is 144 mb (195.62_notebook_winvista_win7_64bit_international_whql)
but still facing the same problem.
any clue?
by the way i cane format the notebook and put the win7 ultimate, the scroll text will work, but i am facing problems with freezing.
wherever i am using the vdj pro under the win7, if i want to use the slide show, or if i minimize the vdj to open any folder the picture freezes in my laptop but not in the other scream that people are watching.
so i do ctrl+alt+delete, the laptop will rework normally, but the picture on the analogue screen will turn to white, so i have to press the video activation button twice, than everything will work properly.
that's why i returned to vista.
any help?

Posted Fri 19 Feb 10 @ 3:18 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Fri 19 Feb 10 @ 4:41 pm
Has anyone else had/have the issue where if you load a data file for scrolltext, it starts, but with invisible text until you open the font selector and close it again.

I rarely create my text, usually opening it for each shift from a sved file, but about 25% of the time it starts (after clicking open in load file), but there is no text. I know its showing text as the background pops up with nothing in it. Soon as i open and close font, the text appears.

Had this issue from the start of v1 but never really chased it up till now.

Posted Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 5:13 am
halo_djk :

I have a sort of the same thing as that but sometime the font/scoll is missing some letters & stuff i have to reload the file again...

Posted Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 9:07 am
I used to have that problem too, but not sure what fixed it, maybe the newer 1.1 version or newer runtimes. You may save some time by using my fix to correct the garbled text though and just open and close the font window.

Posted Sat 13 Mar 10 @ 1:59 am
@ Halo. Thanks for pointing out where to get info about the D9X link on the other thread. Got scroll text working but I saved some files and just like you pointed out when I load them nothing is shown. I did open the font and not getting the text to show.

Understand yours is corrected now but just wondering when do you remember it being corrected? When you mention the newer 1.1; was that a recent release?

Posted Sat 24 Apr 10 @ 12:11 pm
43%