Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ ScrollText - Page: 15

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posted Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 4:29 am

Bug: Alpha fader for text fades to black, not to background video. (Background Alpha control works fine)

"Not Sure?": Background not "Rolling" in as it did in v1, just appears, and vanishes as a block.

All else looking real good. =)

Posted Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 6:43 am
Just tried to download it. Norton blocked it as a Heuristic virus :(

Posted Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 7:53 am
halo_djk wrote :
Bug: Alpha fader for text fades to black, not to background video. (Background Alpha control works fine)

No problems here; text alphas out fine.

halo_djk wrote :
"Not Sure?": Background not "Rolling" in as it did in v1, just appears, and vanishes as a block.

Background grows in as long as you have set a delay between messages....

Posted Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 9:19 am
Alan Todd wrote :
Just tried to download it. Norton blocked it as a Heuristic virus :(

I'm afraid I wouldn't trust Norton...

Posted Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 9:20 am
SBDJ wrote :
halo_djk wrote :

No problems here; text alphas out fine.

halo_djk wrote :

Background grows in as long as you have set a delay between messages....

Perhaps I'm missing something? do you get any difference between the effect of the alpha slider on text, and the one on background?
Alpha is supposed to fade to the background video yes?

I have a 30 second delay between texts, otherwise it just stays up and does not vanish. But mine just appears and vanishes as a whole?
May take a restart and see what happens, sometimes plugs do go a little strange on first run. I did notice my last laptop had the same issue with the text alpha slider too.
DX11 issue perhaps? this one runs it...

Posted Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 12:37 pm
OK, found that it was the outline alpha slider I was forgetting about. My fault.

Not sure if it's not saving the font info properly, keeps coming up on the default font after load, when you open the font window the selected font is blank. Save, and reload, and It vanished again.

Opening background effect issue is because I'm using a small font around 5, its folding out that fast you cant see it.

Also found a few times if a text file was running, and I loaded another one, or the same one again, I would need to double click a message to start it up again.

Seems to be a bunch of Chinese on the Behavior tab, on the end of the Direction slider, was this intended?

Posted Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 3:13 am
halo_djk wrote :
Not sure if it's not saving the font info properly, keeps coming up on the default font after load, when you open the font window the selected font is blank. Save, and reload, and It vanished again.

Will check that...

halo_djk wrote :
Also found a few times if a text file was running, and I loaded another one, or the same one again, I would need to double click a message to start it up again.

...and that...

halo_djk wrote :
Seems to be a bunch of Chinese on the Behavior tab, on the end of the Direction slider, was this intended?

No problems here: 'Right To Left', 'Left To Right' and 'Random' appear to me!

Posted Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 5:52 am
v1.5.2 uploaded.

Changes:

* Message font not saved
* Message state not saved
* Message state displayed incorrectly on load
* New slider for background speed - override the speed the background box draws at. 0 (default) reverts to the automatic setting.

Let me know if there are any other small issues I can quickly fix. If not, all new features will be in the next major version ;)

Posted Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 7:04 am
Just got around to downloading this today, (I download one effect at a time and play with it for a while) SBDJ and others of this forum who provide plugins are super freaking awesome!! You guys make those of us who don't have a clue how to make any of this stuff look like wizards behind the booth!!

Thanks so much!
Rob

Posted Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 11:21 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
SBDJ, i will test it this weeknd live and let you know..

Posted Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 5:07 pm
The Chinese is text, at the end of the actual slider. it may be test that is supposed to tell you what direction it is going. with take a screen shot and post here. either way its only cosmetic and I'm just wrapped with the new features.

Posted Thu 21 Oct 10 @ 12:25 am
Is there something wrong with this thread.. I keep getting email alerts but no updates?

Posted Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 7:44 am
OK, just went to take a screenshot from my main system and the text reads "Left To Right". I thought it was both systems, but it just seems to be the show system.

All are win7 pro, installed the same way, default lang English, just the laptop has Chinese chars in this spot, and english everywhere else. Got me curious now.

Posted Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 7:46 am
Corrupted font in other system?

Posted Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 8:15 am
Not sure what font it is. on the working system the typeface looks the same for the working and non working text. The laptop however is very new and has DX11 stickers all over it.

First laptop with DX11 hardware support or something?

Posted Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 9:10 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Daft question but do you have dx9 installed.

Posted Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 10:05 am
I didn't think the plugin would run without it, but I did use both the links on the sticky of the forum. It updated a couple of files.
I also did the runtimes.

Next time I get it out (the laptop) I'm curious, now that I know its function, if I move the slider, does the text change stay in Chinese, or switch to English.

Posted Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 12:17 pm
Joop3mPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi scott and all...,

i was wondering is SBDJ Scrolltext is usable with integration of Twitter?

i'm in need to interact using twitter's #hashtags within VDJ if possible.

thanks
Joop

Posted Sun 24 Oct 10 @ 5:12 pm
OK, after activating the plugin the text is fine. After loading a block of messages, the text changes to Chinese. If you move the slider, the first time the text changes, it goes right back to English "Right-Left"

Even tried creating a fresh save, with ver 1.5.2 just to make sure it wasn't a bug from the loaded file, same result.

Only cosmetic though.

After activate

After Load.

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 4:06 am
49%