Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Interesting article on digital dj tips - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I can't help it if you have a comprehension problem, it is in English. It did not take me a week to write it.

Posted Mon 02 Jan 17 @ 11:01 pm
Aint nobody making any demands just voice their opinions. It was all opinions. And its all suggestions. We gonna talk. Its a discussion board, sheesh...

Posted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 1:00 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Aint nobody making any demands just voice their opinions. It was all opinions. And its all suggestions. We gonna talk. Its a discussion board, sheesh...

I agree. The whole reason of me making this post was just to hear other people's views on the direction of VDJ. I've been using it for quite a few years now and I've always been more than satisfied with what it does. I understand that the profile of VDJ doesn't matter to the people who we are playing music to, (at the end of the day as long as they're dancing they're happy), but I would like to see VDJ get as much recognition as the other softwares out there, and for this I do believe some sort of deal would have to be done with some of the major hardware manafacturers.

Posted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 4:06 am
toppadon wrote :
as much recognition as the other softwares

From who though? Other DJs. This is what AMAHM is saying (I think!). Who gives a flying £$%^& what other DJs think?

Somewhere on this forum a while ago, dj-in-norway posted some info on the number of new users joining the forum every day. It's a huge number. How much more recognition does VDJ need?

Posted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 5:59 pm
groovindj wrote :
From who though? Other DJs. This is what AMAHM is saying (I think!). Who gives a flying £$%^& what other DJs think?

Why is this so hard to understand? Is this an age thing, geographic, cultural, What? If a DJ says something about the clothes you wear, the speakers you use, the car you drive, the case you carry your controller in, are you standing around crying, trying to defend your choices, asking them to go outside?

I will ask it again. How has this article affected your life in any way? Tell me so I can understand.

Posted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 7:51 pm
groovindj wrote :
toppadon wrote :
as much recognition as the other softwares

I never mentioned anything about what other dj's think so I don't know where that came from. The recognition I'm talking about is from the hardware manufacturers. When was the last time VDJ was included with a controller? When was the last time you saw VDJ branded on any hardware? The major dj softwares out there have strong ties with hardware and I am saying that I sincerely hope the same will happen with VDJ.

Posted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 8:47 pm
toppadon wrote :
the hardware manufacturers

I did almost add that to my post as I thought it might be your reason, if not the DJs.

My answer - why do you think it's necessary when almost every controller that comes onto the market is supported by VDJ? Even the "locked" ones.

It doesn't need to be bundled. It doesn't need to have a logo on the controller. If the controller works with VDJ, job done.

IMO if someone is only interested in DJ software because it came bundled with a controller or there's a logo of it somewhere, then they need to get their act together!

Posted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 9:35 pm
VDJ comes with the Pioneer DDJ SZ!!

What more do you want?? It's a top of line controller!

Obviously VDJ has spoken with a Top of line company, after all doesn't everyone say Pioneer is the industry standard??

Posted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 9:38 pm
How soon we forget. At one time, every controller from every manufacture (OK almost every), came with VDJ. Maybe the owner has different plans, maybe he is working with them. The point I'm trying to make is, what difference does it make to me?

How does this article negatively affect any of you, just tell me that?

Posted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 9:48 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

This thread reminds me of a time I left a club carrying a Pioneer case and a drunk guy outside said "Pioneers shit" and I just smiled and continued, it wasn't a personal remark.

Posted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 10:54 pm

To be fair people are talking street cred, whether they're looking out for the software or their own image or both, who knows.

From my own experience most of it is about the design of the skin, when I use a cleaner more 'pro' skin people don't hate.

Posted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 11:03 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Rabble rouser, :p

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 6:21 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Probably all the major brands are owned by the same people / financial groups.
They then just pretend to compete, but they are the same animal.

Atomix is not theirs, and thus must be destroyed so as to achieve full market dominance.

This could be a byproduct of the crooked banking system.
It's got their fingerprints on the evidence.

Hm..maybe I'm wrong.

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 7:50 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 4:26 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I suspect VDJ8.2 is very big in China.

Also I think it's the most used DJ software in the UK..no matter what anybody says!

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 4:42 pm

Most used isn't an achievement when you consider whose using it and how many of them actually invest in the product.

The most used product isn't usually the best product, there's nothing aspirational about the most used car or most consumed burger, people aspire towards the high end, and in the realm of DJ software a minimum wage kid can afford a half decent controller with more aspirational software.

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 5:20 pm
Hmmmmmmm, I think I want to sell 10 hamburgers, at $10.00 a piece rather than sell a gazillion at $5.00 a piece. Guess which company I'm investing in? The "best" is and always will be subjective. What's the best DJ software, best controller, best minivan (I'm sorry, I had to put that in there, and I'm laughing my ass off)? I would think any businessman would love to sell more of his product, than his competitor and not really care who's using it. That's just me.

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 6:13 pm
From the Tech Tools article, "Virtual DJ has an unfair advantage in the Google Trends game because many people actually search for a virtual DJ without even knowing about the software by that name." Get the puck outta here. How did he come to that conclusion? How many of those people did they contact to see if they made a mistake? Where is that graph? So, what the puck were they searching for?

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 6:24 pm
Load of bollocks. Why would anyone search for VirtualDJ if it wasn't the software they were looking for.

*mind boggles*

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 6:41 pm
95%