Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Interesting article on digital dj tips - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
A Man and His Music wrote :
Hmmmmmmm, I think I want to sell 10 hamburgers, at $10.00 a piece rather than sell a gazillion at $5.00 a piece. Guess which company I'm investing in? The "best" is and always will be subjective. What's the best DJ software, best controller, best minivan (I'm sorry, I had to put that in there, and I'm laughing my ass off)? I would think any businessman would love to sell more of his product, than his competitor and not really care who's using it. That's just me.

You get what you pay for, I'm sure we'd all rather have a full nexus setup than a wego, but the point I illude to is that many 'users' of VDJ choose it out of accessibility, affordibility (free or cracked) and ease of use, rather than the merits of the software vs any alternative. The point at which someone gets semi serious they start to get more interested in performance features, hardware integration and their self image (rightly or wrongly), at this point VDJ as an option begins to suffer, clearly not for everyone, but for enough to keep Serato, Traktor and soon RB firmly ahead in the market of the performing, touring artist/DJ.

Most of us here are working DJs and we'll invest in high end software/hardware even at great cost, as long as we can see a return on investment, and this is a lucrative end of the market that's worth targeting more. There are many ways this could be done that wouldn't be too difficult.

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 6:52 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
groovindj wrote :
From who though? Other DJs. This is what AMAHM is saying (I think!). Who gives a flying £$%^& what other DJs think?

Why is this so hard to understand? Is this an age thing, geographic, cultural, What? If a DJ says something about the clothes you wear, the speakers you use, the car you drive, the case you carry your controller in, are you standing around crying, trying to defend your choices, asking them to go outside?

I will ask it again. How has this article affected your life in any way? Tell me so I can understand.

But this is a software for DJs so it does matter how Djs feel about it, any dj. And like I said you dont want to hear us give our opinions remove any post where anybody is making an opinion. Why is it that post allowed to remain, because it being here is the reason why people are giving their opinion. Delete the post. Because we will comment on it, in this discussion board.

Posted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 9:32 pm
SerinePRO InfinityMember since 2013
I started out on VDJ because a friend pirated it and was using it with a toy mixer. I thought it was fun so I gave it a go but spoke to another friend who was a pro and said that I should use Traktor.

I wanted to do it the "proper" way so I switched to a pirated copy. I think that goes some way to demonstrate how fickle new users can be.

Sure we would all do our research and not just used the software bundled with our christmas present, but when you're young, broke and don't know what you're looking for when you're researching, it's hard to figure out which one to use. There are plenty of youtube videos which promote other software over VDJ.

I eventually switched back to (pirated) VDJ because I like computers and some of the features (smart search folders) weren't in traktor, About a year later I was looking to upgrade to the latest version and decided that VDJ was such a triumph of good software that I would pay for pro, despite being miles off "pro" ability.

Posted Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 4:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)