Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer ddj-SX slicer mode parmaetres bug VDJ 8 - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
I've noticed you're on MAC, i'm using windows so you can't count on me...

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 10:20 am
AvontiiHome userMember since 2014
It is a Mac bug maybe .... I have a windows laptop ... I'll give it a try tonight

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 10:35 am
I just tried under windows and it's exactly the same bug under windows .......... frustrating

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 6:18 pm
think u could make a short video so we can see whats happening

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 8:08 pm

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 4:57 am
very odd indeed ... is it possible one of the buttons on the controller are stuck in the down position?

ok maybe not after reading that it works normal if u activate another way

sorry i have no idea

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 5:31 am
yes indeed , I have thought exactly the same thing about the button but when I switch the skin to VDJ 8 default skin it stops and acts normal and in Serato it acts normal as well ....
So I thought that it's something related to djdad custom skins .... but then why only me and not other users .......... I'm lost ..........

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 5:38 am
and once again if there is a stuck button in the controller itself why it does still work flawless using the same djdad pad skin and having the slicer FX on in the first slot or just when I pin the Slicer parameters to the background ........ quite strange .......... and I have reset the slicer parameters several times by deleting the native_slicer_ini in plugins 64 .
???????????????????

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 6:00 am
anyway thank you wickedmix for your effort , appreciate your effort to help ....... ;-))))

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 6:01 am
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
It also can be a problem in the firmware try to update or reinstall the latest firmware for ddj-sx from Pioneer

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 6:32 am
I already did twice but I will do it again ... and I have reset to serato mode as well .....
By the way does anybody know how to get slicer mode work like serato ..... to loop and slice ???

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 6:43 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Long press the slicer mode button, I think...

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 6:55 am
PachN wrote :
Long press the slicer mode button, I think...

without shift ??? native mapping ???

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 7:04 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I think that is a firmware function, not related to mapping. Just like toggling the sample mode to velocity sample mode by longpressing the sample mode button.

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 7:37 am
PachN wrote :
I think that is a firmware function, not related to mapping. Just like toggling the sample mode to velocity sample mode by longpressing the sample mode button.

so on vdj 8 ddj-sx all set to native if I long press Slicer mode i'll get the same function as Serato ???

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 8:13 am
I have again reset controller to factory settings re-upgraded again ti 1.07 , reset to serato mode , but ALWAYS the same bug :-(((((((((((
It's painfullllllll

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 5:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Issue is reported . Be patient

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 7:17 am
Ok , djdad , I'm waiting .... Just giving an update .... Thank u again for your effort

Posted Sat 21 Mar 15 @ 7:49 am
I have the same problem using the parameter on the slicer and on the loops/roll as well.

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 11:15 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Bug found from Dev Team and will be fixed in next Beta build

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 4:31 pm
98%