Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer ddj-SX slicer mode parmaetres bug VDJ 8 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

AvontiiHome userMember since 2014
PS : I have the same problem with my second Mac at home an iMac i5 8gb running Yosemite, the same happens there as well and I even tried to uninstall and clean install and always the same

Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 9:41 am
Still no solution ??????
Well , i Think i know exactly where the problem is but can't find a solution and it's driving me nuts as I don't like to use Serato and have bought the SSX upon reviews that integration was perfect with VDJ8 .
When I use another skin Slicer parameters work ok without bug with the same default factory default mapper so I guess it's something relating to mapper ---- sx pads skin GUI ... I have tried clean install ... move older files ... delete native_slicer_ini ...... but always the same bug ... the only way to work with that skin is to pin slicer settings to the background of my MBP and minimize deck 1 and deck 2 slicer settings to avoid flickering lights .........
SO please help , nobody has the same problem ????? strange that it's only me having this ???? have i on 10.7.5 MBP and iMac running yosemite ... exactly the same bug for both ...

Posted Sun 15 Mar 15 @ 9:54 am
Nobody knows a tweak to avoid my problem ??

Posted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 6:24 am
Since it's the skin you're using that creates the bug, avoid using it and use the default one. The skin you mention will be checked and updated if needed soon. :)

Posted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 7:42 am
Efharisto for the reply , Phantomdeejay , I like the skin cause I can replicate the buttons on SSX on gui to monitor my actions on the GUI , I saw a post from last year SEPTEMBER 2014 with the same problem
http://fr.virtualdj.com/forums/194286/Hardware_Technical_Support/DDJ-SX_.html
could I link the parameters +- to slicer knob slide ??? how to do it in mapping .
And the mapper you created last year I tried it last night but it Bugs as well but liked the fact that when pressing shift the parameters + - changes from step to length , how can I do that command in the actual default mapper ????

Posted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 8:24 am
Update ........ The slicer parametres button now bugs with every skin i've tested with ...... only the default skin of vdj8 seem to work but can't have multi fx option on it , and if it's about thinking of something wrong in controller itself , I've tested it with serato and no problem at all .
No help ????

Posted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 11:13 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I can reproduce the bug here too (with other controllers too). I t was supposed to be fixed in a previous build, but somehow came back. Reported to Dev Team

Posted Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 5:07 pm
Efharisto djdad , do you know what was the build number that got this bug fixed ??? Maybe I can revert to that one ??????

Posted Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 3:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 3:38 am
Ok , Efharisto djdad , I'll test it and report back ........

Posted Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 4:37 am
Just tried it djdad , Always the same bug , nothing changed ..... any other idea ?? or maybe something in the mapping in slicer parameters settings ????

Posted Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 5:01 am

Posted Tue 17 Mar 15 @ 5:28 am
Just noticed that the bug happens with every skin created by djdad and not with other skins ... example 4 decks swap ....... etc ..... , not an offense to djdad who thankfully does a great effort to satisfy users ... but something in the script is bugging ...... thank you djdad for all your great work and effort helping us ...... hope that a solution is found soon ..

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 5:11 am
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
Just ignore me if you already done that, but have tried to change the 2 parameters in Slicers' settings (step and duration)?

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 8:14 am
you mean change it in mapping ????? slicer parameters length instead of step ?? and for shift slicer step instead of length ??? if this that you mean I did , but if you have another tip that can help please do , I would appreciaite your help ...

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 8:43 am
No i don't mean in mapping. If you press the cogwheel next to the Slicer effect (in the drop down list) a New Window will appear with the Plugins parameters. Also you can change these parameters when you select the Slicer Plugin in one deck (single FX mode) and then turn the knobs in the corresponding FX section on the DDJ-SX.

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 9:00 am
yes , i know but for that you got to have always the slicer effect on a slot aotherwise it bugs for me ... the only way i had it working was to pin the slicer settings to my mac's background , on other skins like the default vdj 8 4 decks it doesn't bug , hope u understand what I mean ... i don't want to sacrifice one slot with slicer fx on and if I press parameters or use slicer the FX will turn on , this is not the way that should work ...

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 9:07 am
Did you change anything in the mapper? As you said the slicer should store its settings and work without been activated in a deck, by just controlling it with your controllers Slicer section. It had some bugs but since some builds it works flawlessly for my SZ and SX2. I See no reason why doesn't work for you (i'm also a user and not VDJ stuff...)

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 9:19 am
no , nothing changed , Using the pad skin SSX and native mapper , but it bugs and making me crazy , what build you are on ????

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 9:23 am
Any Help is appreciated , you don't need to be from staff , fellow users can help more with their experience.

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 9:44 am
66%