Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer ddj-SX slicer mode parmaetres bug VDJ 8 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

AvontiiHome userMember since 2014
Hi
I recently acquired a pioneer ddjsx and having a big problem using the slicer effect with the step changing and lights flickering all over , slicer parameters is bugging and keep changing the steps itself . I'm using default mapping with the latest build and the ddj-sx pad skin running mac OS X 10.7.5 intel core i7 2,2 16 GB Ram using virtual dj 8 pro infinity ..... please help ... I need to perform live this weekend ... thx in advance

Posted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 7:17 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
This has been fixed in a recent build. Which one are you on ? Can you try with the latest beta build ?

Posted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 7:31 am
How to get the latest beta built , I'm using the latest updated version , update done before yesterday .....

Posted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 2:31 pm
Shall I activate beta in options ??? Will it work??? I think I had this problem after upgrading before yesterday...

Posted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 2:41 pm
I tried again and downloaded beta version , always the same problem , only in one way does it stay normal when i set slicer effect in fx slot on each deck i can change the parameters without lights going mental otherwise if i choose another Fx in slot , it goes crazy .... am I missing something ????

Posted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 8:15 pm
Found a small turnaround which is not a perfect solution but it works for now ... Went to settings of slicer effect and just pin the effect settings to the Mac desktop , bug goes away . Any idea how to avoid this turnaround and get it working normally???

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 6:26 am
Can u try to delete the Slicer.ini from the Plugins64 folder ?

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 8:40 am
I'm a mac user , can u explain me where it is exactly ....... parakallo

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 8:56 am
I have found this in documents -- Virtual DJ -- Plugins --- native_Flanger.ini
Is it this one that I have to delete ??? and won't I have problems after it ??
Efharisto Polli

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 8:59 am
Sorry .... Found it in plug ins 64 but the name is -----native_Slicer.ini
Is it this one ??? and will it be risky after ????

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 9:03 am
yes the native_Slicer.ini
You may delete any .ini file of any Plugin. It just resets the parameters of the Plugins.
Btw, you are on build 2174 , correct ?

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 9:22 am
dunno exactly , but last night I downloaded the latest build while the beta option was ON ......

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 9:29 am
by the way a small question for virtual dj 8 latency settings change ... values should be introcued by buffer size or latency ???? for example shall I write 2 or 128 to get 2 ms ??

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 9:31 am
You can see the build number of VirtualDj if you open the Settings (Config) and look at the top of that window.

Latency setting in Options is in Samples. So 128, 256, 512 etc.

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 9:41 am
My buid is 2174.952 . Shall I still do what you have told me .... Any further solutions ??

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 10:42 am
Good Morning ,
I have done what you have told me yesterday by deleting native_slicer_ini from plugin64 but nothing happened still the same problem , and besides I had a new problem , every time I toggle through effects with shift + FX , vdj 8 crashes and closes completely on my Mac , I can't perform live with it ........ please help me ............. to remind you I'm on Mac OS X 10.7.5 MBP early 2011 intel i7 2,2 16GB Ram ........

Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 4:03 am
....... and I confirm that my build number is : 2174.952

Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 4:03 am
NO help ??? I have to perform live tomorrow .... can't use VDJ8 ... if it crashes I have a problem

Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 9:00 am
Are you using the "factory default" mapping or some custom ? If not, can u try with the default mapping ?

Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 9:15 am
I'm using factory default mapping thAt VDJ 8 recognises automatically upon connection .... And using ddj-sx pad VDJ 8 skin downloaded officially from VDJ website ....

Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 9:38 am
33%