Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Milkdrop Issue - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Overpowering and preventing videos from being displayed when set as the vis I also have no idea about, I have never seen anything like that here.

Unfortunately the only solution I can give you is to use Slideshow or Sonique.

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 4:01 pm
@SBDJ no matter what vis you are using under Audioonlyvisualisation instead of None. I seem to have problems <> i.e. you can't turn them off when it over powers the main video output hence the reason I have put them to None at least you can kind of control it.

I aint just saying it's milkdrop. I think it's something to do with Audioonlyvisualisation. It starts off working all good going between audio and video etc..... then you lose control and can't disengage what vis is set. If I set to None at least whatever I choose to activate I can turn back off.

I can get milkdrop going between video and audio and back and forth again & again...... Then black screens, (i can get round that) Then sometimes when you hit the HDQuality on
it overpowers and you can't turn it off, Milkdrop keeps going and Video can't be seen..... Only way to get video back is to restart V8, Again just sharing my experiences / I think it's possibly V8 problems not your plugin that is causing this.

Techno

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 4:20 pm
@techno - what brand video card are you using? Im using a Nvidia. Not sure of that matters, just seeing if there is anything we do alike.

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 4:39 pm
@sbdj - thats what happens to me too. It gets "stuck" in milkdrop mode or in black screen. Im going to video my screen as I dj tonight to see if there is a pattern.

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 4:44 pm
@eclipseentertainers sent you a PM ~ Nvidia card also 1gb GeForce

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 5:07 pm
@SBDJ - does VDJ comunicate directiy with the video card chip? We both have the same video card.

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 6:48 pm
I am using an Intel HD4000 internal Graphics and have no problems using Milkdrops and Vids.
During an evening I have often changes between them and never fading into an black window.
I use it, like I said before.
And it works without any great CPU-Power or something on my 8 years old HP NX 7400...

BTW - it seems to me, that you are asking and asking and never answer one of SB's questions...

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 8:29 am
Sonido Alto Voltaje wrote :

Hello I tried this with no success. Please help me understand what I'm doing wrong. I tried pointing out as clearly as I could if milkdrop was running as a deck effect, master effect, or both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaSh2b7nH_k&feature=youtu.be

The video doesn't work here.

And why do you say, that you can't disable Milkdrop when it is set as "VideoAudioOnlyVisualisation" in your options ?
You just have to disable video at all and then stops Milkdrop, too.
Or do I understand something wrong ?

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 8:33 am
Techno_Tom_57 wrote :

can you clarify or suggest how we can check which milkdrop files are not working correctly i.e. Causing Black Screen,

1. Load a long audio or create a playlist, because some Milkdrop-presets needs Sound :-))
2. Go to the Milkdrop-GUI
3. Set 'Shuffle' to "No"
4. Press "Cut now" to load the next preset and see, if it works (or wait your Preset-Duration-Time)
5. If not, look at the Preset-Name, go to your File-Browser/Explorer and delete the preset with that name.
6. Repeat 4 & 5 until you see the preset-name you are starting with :-))))

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 8:43 am
Techno_Tom_57 wrote :
@SBDJ no matter what vis you are using under Audioonlyvisualisation instead of None. I seem to have problems <> i.e. you can't turn them off when it over powers the main video output hence the reason I have put them to None at least you can kind of control it.

As you say - if you're having that problem with visualisations other than Milkdrop, then the issue doesn't lie with Milkdrop and it's worth reporting as a bug.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 12:29 pm
Sonido Alto Voltaje wrote :

Hello I tried this with no success. Please help me understand what I'm doing wrong. I tried pointing out as clearly as I could if milkdrop was running as a deck effect, master effect, or both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaSh2b7nH_k&feature=youtu.be

OK so watching that video it clearly shows that milkdrop doesn't deactivate at all, it's running at all times it is supposed to be running. What I didn't see you do was click the change preset button in the plugin GUI where it is active to see if that jump starts it.

If you can't get Milkdrop to work for you, then you'll just have to use another visualisation I'm afraid.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 12:31 pm
First off, milkdrop is awesome, thats why Im trying so hard to figure this out.

Last night, I was running a dj/karaoke/music video show and decided to only manually activate milkdrop, 2nd karaoke singer, I couldnt deactivate milkdrop. The effect on the master output could not be turned off. I had to restart vdj to be able to see videos or karaoke lyrics.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 1:31 pm
Again, unable to replicate that, sorry.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 1:38 pm
eclipseentertainers wrote :
The effect on the master output could not be turned off.

Okay. I can reproduce this.
Again: That happens, because Milkdrop is running in the main-window and not in the player.
If you want to deactivate while an audio is running, VDJ doesn't know, what to play in the window and so it still runs Milkdrop. That's what I think about it.
I don't repeat me, what to do at the beginning of the gig.

@SB to reproduce:
Set Milkdrop as Video-Effect, but don't activate.
Load an audio-file to deck 1, then activate Milkdrop by clicking the Main-Video-Window and now try to deactivate Milkdrop.

eclipseentertainers wrote :
I had to restart vdj to be able to see videos or karaoke lyrics.

No. A simple click on the main-window to deactivate video, then deactivate milkdrop, video-fader to the karaoke-file and activate video again.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 2:37 pm
^ thats exactly what I tried. I clicked on the main window to deactivate video and the effect was still locked up upon reactivating video.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 3:02 pm
Did you start with an video to activate video and then as second an audio ?

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 3:17 pm
I did indeed start with video... I'm still wondering if a specific video card chip could cause this. Code is read differently by different chips to optimize performance.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 4:13 pm
djragman wrote :
@SB to reproduce:
Set Milkdrop as Video-Effect, but don't activate.
Load an audio-file to deck 1, then activate Milkdrop by clicking the Main-Video-Window and now try to deactivate Milkdrop.

If Milkdrop activates when you click the main video window, then it means you still have it set as the visualisation. Of course you can't turn it off, it's been started by VDJ as you don't have two video tracks playing. As I have said before, VDJ assumes responsibility for the activation state of the selected visualisation plugin. This is not a bug, this is the intended operation of VDJ8 and is entirely unrelated to Milkdrop.

With Milkdrop not selected as the visualisation (ie videoAudioOnlyVisualisation is blank or None) then when I click the video window, I get a blank window. I have to manually activate milkdrop, and that means I can manually turn it off too.

I've personally tested this on three nVidia machines, one with a GTX560M, one with a GTX770M and one with a GTX760.

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 4:55 am
I am using the following graphic adapters without any problem:
- Mobile Intel 935 Graphics
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Intel HD Graphics 4000

@SB:
I know that, but I told, what I thought they are doing wrong.
But my english isn't good enough for that special explanation :-))))

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 3:04 pm
Your English is better than my German ;)

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 3:48 pm
76%