Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Milkdrop Issue - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Milkdrop for Mac ?!?

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 2:40 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I have something in beta ;)

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 3:07 pm
I wait 😁

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 3:25 pm
It happened again last night, black screen from a video... I just dj'd with a black screen to avoid the embarassment of a restart. It actually seems to happen when I go back and forth from karaoke (zipped) to video to audio. Im able to get normal behavior again by click the effect manually then unclicking it right away. Its just annoying because I have to take the focus off my mix and click the effect off then on to being back the normal behaviour of the auto loading by audio files.

Posted Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 7:02 pm
Unfortunately nothing has changed from my perspective.

Posted Sat 06 Dec 14 @ 8:47 am
Sadly, the issue continues. It sticks on milkdrop untless I pull a video over to release it. I'll be posting a very detailed video shortly. I guarantee Im not the only one.

Posted Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 11:55 pm
But you don't answer a lot of our questions. You only told us, that you got a black screen. Nothing about your search for a reason or what you tried exactly. Only, that you are clicking the effect-button. And we told you often, that it isn't working.
We cannot help you without more informations.
As I said, I use Milkdrops without any issues by changing a lot of times between video and audio during 6 or more hours on a gig.

Did you try to change the preset via GUI while you got the black screen ?
Do you know, that some of the presets only show graphics, when there is a bassdrum ? So if you mix into a sequence without bassdrum, you will get a black screen.

I can't find an answer about your hardware-setup (f.e. external screens, projector etc.). Some of the presets are very dark (f.e. a dark blue pulsing circle in the middle), so are you sure, that is was really a black screen ? And such things won't show a video.

The presets work on my machine, but that is not a guaranty, that they are running on yours, too.
You must check them all again.

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 2:40 am
I used it again last night at a gig for 6 hours as my visualisation. Gig was probably 50% ish video, so plenty of jumping between the vis and video. Not once did I get a blank screen or have any issues where I had to manually do anything with the plugin.

I'm sorry you're having issues but as I stated earlier I can find no problem, so cannot find anything to fix. To that end, I would again recommend you use an alternative visualisation that does work for you. You might not like the answer but I don't know what else you expect me to do?

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 4:42 am
I would use another visual, but it does the same thing on all of them. Last night, not only did it get stuck on milkdrop, but "Show song title' (where is shows the song name on the screen) came up without me clicking it. Thats the second time that happened. The only way to make it act normal again is to load real video. Last night, I was going from zipped karaoke to audio to video. And ***here is where I noticed its happenning--->when an audio only file is playing, THEN I load another audio file and to some scratching in that deck. I do A LOT of scratching. Thats is something I forgot to mention.

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 9:37 am
And I do understand why you cant help as of now, thats why Im going to create a VERY detailed video, from the exact file types Im using, to pc specs, etc

Im 100% certain it isnt user error and Im very certain Im not the only one.

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 9:40 am
eclipseentertainers wrote :
I would use another visual, but it does the same thing on all of them.

OK, I did ask this quite a bit further back in the thread ;)

That would point to this not being a milkdrop issue, but an issue you are having with visualisations in general. Perhaps something setup specific which is why I can't replicate it here.

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 12:37 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

@ eclipseentertas
You most probably need to tweak your system before you start VDJ, You have many services running in the back ground and draining resources to enable top performance, which is what you will need to accomplish in order to safely put on a show like you described...

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 2:53 pm
This isn't a system tweak issue. I have the same problem on 8 but not on 7. It may or may not be a plugin issue. Personally I think it's something wonky with 8.

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 11:13 am
You'll have to be more specific - exactly what issue are you having, and is the issue restricted to milkdrop or does it happen with slideshow or other vis?

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 11:28 am
try installing directx9, ihad a problem with milkdrop not working at all on home pc with windows 8.1, all seems to be working fine now

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 12:07 pm
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 9:33 pm
this issue seems to have suddenly gone away for me with the builds that came out just before christmas.

IF you are having the exact symptoms as described above AND same as in the youtube videos then please check you are running the most upto date version of v8 (release version)

Posted Tue 10 Feb 15 @ 7:37 pm
We need help. Any help would be appreciaited
Issue #1: After playing for about 45 minutes we are experiencing sound drop out, were the sound is crackling
and low. The only way we have foumd to fix the issue, is to pull out the cord from the rca in back of a Numark IDJ3
and then plug it back in, to re-establish the sound. This is an issue because you cant stop playing at a gig because
that's just not proffessional.
Issue # 2:The Pitch in vd7 is sticking and not being recognized all the time, we have to jiggle numerous times for it
to start to work.
Issue #3: As a former technique sl1200 user I notice the pitch control in virtual / IDJ3 is way off compared to my
1200s. Basically you move pitch a little bit and the record jumps way too fast.

This is the system im using: Windows Vista Home
Memory 3 gb System 64 bit
Pentium Dual Core Processor t4200 2.00 ghz
Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Sun 08 Mar 15 @ 6:53 am
This issue is totally happening to me... I thought I was the only one.

I can replicate this problem as described

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 11:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)