Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Been reporting bad BPM's since May 24th.... new build, same problem - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Haha good luck trying to get a response from VDJ! They love to ignore things :) just stick with 7

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 8:57 pm
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
I can sympathize with djmagicmoments here. He has some valid points, and is very active here as has noticed that we continue to post things to the board and get next to nowhere...

Why spend the time working and submitting something if it goes on deaf ears? If one of the dev's acknowledges him, then it shows a level of commitment and sets an expectation.

Also, in regards to reporting issues with customer service. Have you tried that with Atomix? They will tell you that you need to report the issues here. (It appears that we have more control over the software via the forum than they do.)

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 1:24 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Since you claim it is off with every single track, it would indeed help if you could provide us with at least one example of a track with a steady bpm that is incorrectly detected.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 1:39 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
beatbreaker1 wrote :

I will say this, VDJ almost NEVER set the down beat in the right location when it comes to hiphop, rap, RnB type music. This I struggle with on the daily.

Been saying this same thing talking to myself, this is a club track with a defined 4 4 intro that sets a cue halfway into the track and cbg's are nowhere close to aligned. Set to first beat as in the picture and happens every time.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 5:54 am
Ok i ran some tests on this today:

Test 1 - Cher Lloyd - Sirens
Actual BPM (sourced VJ-Pro): 117bpm
Windows:
Auto Scanned at 116.997bpm
Beat Tapped at 117.01bpm (4-8 taps)
Mac:
Auto Scanned at 116.997bpm
Beat Tapped at 117.35bpm (4-8 taps)

Test 2 - Calvin Harris - Summer
Actual BPM (sourced VJ-Pro): 128bpm
Windows:
Auto Scanned at 128.841bpm
Beat Tapped at 128.14bpm (4-8 taps)
Mac:
Auto Scanned at 128.841bpm
Beat Tapped at 128.02bpm (4-8 taps)

Test 3 - Aretha Franklin - Respect
Actual BPM (sourced songbpm.com): 115bpm
Windows:
Auto Scanned at 114.834bpm
Beat Tapped at 114.83bpm (8-12 taps)
Mac:
Auto Scanned at 114.834bpm
Beat Tapped at 114.52bpm (8-12 taps)

So as you can see i ran these test on both Windows and a Mac - using nothing but a mouse/trackpad tapping the beats.
Based on these test i would say that everything functions exactly as I/you would expect.

I tapped all the songs out for approximately 30 seconds and the (x taps) shown is the number it took to reach that bpm.

The fact i could TAP each song on both my PC and Mac and be within 0.83 on everyone says there is no issue imo.

Of course the down beat may not be perfect on every track but thats the same with most software on certain tracks and with VDJ8 all you need to do is align the down beat and press TAP once.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 6:08 am
Crickets..........

Lmmfao!!

Ok seriously my only problem is the down beat, I find that the BPM's are usually on point.

Either way this is Magic's thread and he wanted someone from Atomix to chime in, well someone has and yet we still don't have any examples of these modern tracks that are always wrong. I'm guessing this is gonna be "user error"...........

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 7:23 am
He's probably still at work. :-)

Give him another 5 hours or so and see what happens.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 7:41 am
With all due respect guys, I work all day and had 4 bride meetings last night and then I spent time with my 7 year old.

I am not here have you ridicule me. How the folks at Atomix allow this is amazing to me. My goal is to address an issue.

So really... PLEASE MOVE ON! Don't worry about my issue any longer. (4th time I have asked nicely)

Atomix, you see no problem with this?

My friend from YEARS AGO, MP3rick has posted a PERFECT example and when I can, I will get a video done.

Dan, show me how the BPM relates to the Beat Grid. Does it match? Does it stay on beat? Your answer is no.

Adion, WHY have the beat grid if it is NEVER EVER right?

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 8:31 am
Dan, could you PLEASE show me a video of you Beat Tapping on a Mac to correct the BPM?

Thank you,

Scott

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 8:40 am
And yet you still won't give us the track names like Adion asked (he works for Atomix) and as for Ricks example I posted it and you totally just blew it off like I don't know what I'm talking about.

I to said that it works for me on multiple macs but yet again you blew that off.

It's obvious your not reading my post or you really don't care either way I tried to help like many, many others have here yet you just keep side stepping and blowing people off when we ask examples or at the very least the track names which are causing you problems.

Adion has posted asking for names yet you side stepped that as well??

Good luck bro, I'm out......... ✌️

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 8:50 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Good luck bro, I'm out......... ✌️

Thank you!

And yes, I am in contact with Adion. Don't assume so much.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 8:52 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

I couldn't find the exact same version of the song, however detection seemed pretty tight to me.
The first beat of the measure was correctly detected, and as you can see it stayed perfectly synchronized from start to end.
All I did was load the song to the deck and let it finish loading to analyze.
Effects like slicer working perfectly, loops are seamless etc.

If it's 82 bpm or 164 bpm is open for discussion (and a matter of opinion), although in this case I would personally agree with 82 bpm. Matching the pitch will work either way, so it's not that important.

In vdj 8 it's easy to correct this though. While the song is playing, tap 4 times starting at the start of a measure, and the grid looks like this:

Edit: For auto-cue I personally prefer "Skip Silence", since indeed most of the times you don't want to skip beat-less intro's.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 9:18 am
I've just had a listen to that Dean Cohen remix...

It's not really surprising that VDJ didn't put a cue at the beginning of the track. Autocue is set to "first beat" - and there is no beat at the start of the track.

The main beat doesn't come in until about 47s in, and VDJ looks to have placed the cue on the first bass drum beat (c35s) - which is what it's supposed to do.

EDIT Adion beat me to it :-)

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 9:24 am
Why is it correct on your machine and way off on Rick's machine?

Again, when I hit TAP, it does absolutely nothing. That would fix everything. On my Macbook Pro, my Macbook Air and my iMac... TAP does NOTHING. It does work for setting the first beat, prior to starting the track.

Not every track is Warped to be in perfect time. In fact, very FEW are. In that case, when the BPM does get off, it effects looping and beat grid. So, the beat grid is usually always wrong. Correct? No amount of BPM correction will help with this.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 9:28 am
djmagicmoments wrote :

Dan, show me how the BPM relates to the Beat Grid. Does it match? Does it stay on beat? Your answer is no.

When did i say that?
Tapping the beat the beat grid is aligned based on my TAPS.
Sometimes the auto detection may be the 1st downbeat on the wrong beat. So you may have the larger CBG block on the 2nd beat instead of the first.

I will try and get a video done this afternoon - but quite busy at the moment.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 9:37 am
Dan... PERFECT!

Are you on a Mac or PC when you do that? It may not matter but just wanted to know.

My TAP does NOT do that on any of my machines! If it did, my issue MAY be solved.

Absolutely does not do that.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 10:26 am
Do you use the default v8 skin or any older version 7 skin ? Maybe it's somehing in the script of the button the causes the problem ?

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 10:32 am
This video was done on a Mac but same is true on a PC.

VDJ8 - build 1855

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 10:38 am
Yes, I am using the default skin. I have no other skins installed. Same version on all three machines

Video at lunchtime... gotta get this resolved.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 10:47 am
If you're tapping by clicking a mouse on the skin, then it's probably also worth trying it by mapping a keyboard key.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 10:58 am
86%