Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Been reporting bad BPM's since May 24th.... new build, same problem - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Great idea.

I uninstalled and reinstalled VDJ8 and it seems to be better. I have control in 4 taps now... STRANGE!

This may have fixed my issue with the tap button!

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 11:04 am
Phew!!!

Glad you got it sorted!! If in doubt, hit it with a hammer ;-)

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 11:43 am
You have NO IDEA how frustrating this was and/or how close I actually was to hitting my new Macbook Pro with a hammer.... $2700 and the darn thing should work!

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 12:15 pm
Thank you EVERYONE! The tapping issue seems to be resolved in my limited testing.

Very much appreciated!

If anyone else has this issue, a uninstall and reinstall should fix the issue.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 12:21 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Funny you should mention that. 7 gave me some heartburn w/ the jog wheels on my DAC3. The audio would 'growl' instead of gently changing up or down.

Did everything except 100% removal and a fresh install of 7.

Problem solved.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 12:36 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I also resolved a lot of weird behavior just by re-installing or doing a repair option on install.. nice to hear you good now.. (-:

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 2:04 pm
Agreed... working MUCH better overall on a new install.

Wish I would have tried this sooner...

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 2:07 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
What I was posting about was not bpm related, I understand splits and doubles.
This is about the track load after scanning with first beat options selected, and the first beat doesn't have to be a massive kick.

And this track is a John Cha edit of David Cohen's We will rock you, not the same.
Finding its first downbeat at 40 seconds on a 2 min track?
Its 2 beats late on the chorus cue it set not even matching the cbg which was right on.

This is a scanned reloaded track and where the line ups are, not.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 5:04 pm
Rick, you are absolutely right about not getting the first beat. However, this point may get lost in this crazy thread.

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 1:42 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Yeah, I'm sure there are more pressing issues being worked on, anybody can fix this on the fly and cue but shouldn't have to.
Its the same cbg placement and drift issues that all prior versions had, don't really matter what thread its posted on.

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 5:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)