Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: What a rushed product.. - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

And what exactly are your issues with timecode?

Many people have commented stating how good timecode is now and extremely competitive with SDJ and TDJ.

Please explain.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:34 am
djtouchdan wrote :
And what exactly are your issues with timecode?

Many people have commented stating how good timecode is now and extremely competitive with SDJ and TDJ.

Please explain.

Sure. First of all I would like to congratulate the team for a wonderful software. Sound is really crisp and design is great, scratch seems to have been improved greatly.

These are the issues i'm facing with the timecodes:-

*Despite having a perfect signal, the timecode seem to be drifting(worked perfectly in VDJ7)

*BPM counter is all over the place while the track is playing

*Time code engine seems to not track position or speed of disc really

*Random skips and jumps in song position, the CUE points set on the Pioneer CDJ 2000s seems to lose it's accuracy or it's location

ALL OF THIS TESTED USING A MAYA 44 USB SOUNDCARD WHICH ALSO WORKS WELL IN VDJ 7
INTEL BASED LAPTOP i5 with 6GB RAM
TIMECODE USED WAS SERATO OPERATING IN SMART-RELATIVE MODE

I have done most the suggestions like change pitch quality to 1 and so forth, any help will be welcomed THANKS!

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:46 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
how dare you write this is a rubbish product... it clearly sez, not recommended for gig use.. could you not read that, are you thick

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 7:22 am
For all the morons out there (AKA majority of the idiots in this thread) this is for you, taken directly from the VDJ website, and I quote (note: bolded parts are why you're all idiots)..

Quote :
VirtualDJ is plug-and-play compatible with most of the DJ controllers that exist on the market. Just plug yours and you will be ready to go. And if you want to change any of the default behavior, VirtualDJ has a powerful "VDJScript" language that will let you easily tweak any functions exactly to your liking. Same for the interface. If you want to change it, our website hosts hundreds of user-made interfaces to replace the default one, or you could easily create your own.

VirtualDJ is used by tens of millions of people every day, ranging from bedroom DJs to international superstars. It is used to play live in clubs and big stadiums, at weddings, private parties, or just to train at home. And in addition to being used live, VirtualDJ can also be used to record mixtapes, podcast, or to broadcast to Internet radios.

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/index.html

Pictures clearly advertise VDJ 8, meaning all this information is relevant to VDJ 8.

1. Plug and play compatability... You're joking right? It doesn't even work properly with Macs and Windows are having constant crashes too, let alone trying to make your controller work.
2. Refer to #1.
3. I don't think so, a million people can't even use it for an hour, let alone ten million using it on a daily basis LOL.

Your points are all invalid. Learn to read.

As I said in the first post, if it wasn't for the crashes VDJ 8 would be perfect.

Don't advertise it as a perfect product and then cry when someone calls you out on it.

If you're going to hate, have a reason and don't be as stupid as a rock.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 5:03 am

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 6:04 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I think we should all stop commenting and start stating facts.

the most important point that you need to keep is that version 8 is a completely new software with brand fresh code, so yes, it cannot be considered rock solid at the moment. Think version 8 as version 1 of a new software product. It took us almost 3 years to finish implementation and months to complete the first beta session among a small group of testers. We released the software to our members when we realized that the crashes were not present anymore in our computers.
However, keep in mind that VirtualDJ is definitely the only software out there which supports almost every MIDI controller, every sound card, with the most settings you could ever possibly think of, supporting from Windows Xp to 8.1 etc. So if you combine all these, you will realize that there are endless possibilities that something may go wrong.
and of course, as stated earlier, keeping the software in our drawers would never make it stable. Knowing the fact that it may not be as mch stable as the previous version, we kept the old version available and warned users that if they need to be 100% sure of tstability they shoudl still use version 7 at their gigs.
So, i dont see how this product can be named as "rushed". Pre-mature ? Yes, probably, but the Team is highly focused at the moment to fix any possible issue and we keep updating the software almost daily with crash and bug fixes.
Since a few days, both Mac and windows versions now automatically upload any possible crash at our servers (if of course yoru computer gets connected at the Internet sometime), so whatever crash you re getting, we get it too.
I am sure that version 8 will become rock-solid very soon, thank of course to you, who test the software under all kinf of situations.
Again, if you still feel that the software is not stable for you, you still have a choice, and of course try again in a few days when more fixes will be offered.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 7:39 am
Look, I use all three "major" softwares. They all have their pros and cons. They all have the ability to crash! They all have the ability to work flawlessly. The software is a "TOTAL REWRITE"......forget everything else. TOTAL!!!!! There are going to be issues. As it has been said SEVERAL TIMES.....STATE YOUR ISSUES! Recreate the problem and let the dev team work it out! You sound like a serato lover that was just waiting for the opportunity to bash VDJ. You've been responding to all these posts, but NOT ONCE have you given an explination of the issue for a chance to resolve it(AND possibly help someone else who may experience the same things) Again, Just state the problem, get a solution.

Oh, in case youre wondering, set-up wise i use....

A windows 7 dell
windows Toshiba (back-up/lighting computer)
Pioneer ddj-sr
Traktor Kontrol S4
Numark ndx-400 w/Native Instruments Audio 8/Vestax PMC-05
Numark Mixtrack
Virtual DJ
Traktor Pro
Serato DJ
And a variety of sound equipment.

as you can see....ALWAYS ready with a back-up. I dont expect everybody to have as much as i have(although I know many have much more), but ALWAYS have a back-up.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 9:32 am
djdad wrote :

.....both Mac and windows versions now automatically upload any possible crash at our servers (if of course your computer gets connected at the Internet sometime), so whatever crash you're getting, we get it too.

I am sure that version 8 will become rock-solid very soon, thanks of course to you, who test the software under all kinds of situations.

This to me has to be one of the most important innovations with this software. :-)

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 9:33 am
gkon116PRO InfinityMember since 2006
NathanPS wrote :
For all the morons out there (AKA majority of the idiots in this thread) this is for you, taken directly from the VDJ website, and I quote (note: bolded parts are why you're all idiots)...

Nathan-

On behalf of the morons out there (AKA majority of the idiots in this thread, thanks for bringing this up in positive & constructive manner. But I can't expect much from immaturity...

DJ Dad brings up a good point in his post above; this software supports XP, which Microsoft stopped supporting this past April. There's been 5 OS's in the last 14 years: XP, Vista, 7, 8, & 8.1 and from the looks of it VDJ 8 supports them all. Most companies would not have supported XP on a totally re-written program, they would have said tough crap, you need to update. I can tell you that's happened numerous times when upgrading operating systems, I've been totally screwed into buying an updated version of the same program. Hell, Apple does this with iOS; when my son loaded up the latest iOS on his iPhone 4S, it totally slowed it down; really? This phone was only 2 models removed from the latest OS, but it's almost obsolete, we're talking about $200 spent every 2 years to update; in the last 6 years, how many of you spent $600 on new phones, but don't complain? How many times has this happened with apps not working on Apple's latest iteration?

I think Atomix realizes they could have done some things better, hindsight is almost always 20/20. But I do give them credit for trying to support Mac & Windows and OS's that are 14 years old. I've counted over 75 different system configurations alone in this forum and they're trying to help them all and not saying tough crap, we're not supporting that old configuration. I've seen almost daily updates from them, I've seen these mods working around the clock on these forums trying to help everyone here and quite frankly, I don't know how they keep their composure when people like you insult 100's of users in a single post.

The only part I'm critical with is I believe they could have pre-released the software to a big bunch of users many months ago to go through the testing.

Atomix could have reversed course and said that VDJ is only to be used with Windows 8.1 and Apple OS X Maverick and charged for it like other companies do with totally rewritten software; how upset would have users been? They could have also said we are only supporting previous versions until 12/31/14 or 6/30/15 and after that you have to pony up another $100, $200, or whatever amount they would come up with. I've had VDJ since 2006, going on 9 years, my avg yearly cost is about $25-$30 and I'm going to complain about something that's worked flawlessly for me for 9 years and well over 150-200 gigs?

But I'll tell you this, I've probably spent 10 hours testing this and haven't come up with anything significant yet.

However, they did say it's a pre-release, which as a paid professional, I'm sticking with 7.X until I feel good using VDJ 8. I owe it to my paying brides & grooms to provide 5-6 hours of continuous & uninterrupted music. If something does go wrong, I have a backup laptop, controller & hard drive with me to cover my bases. But I'm not going to use a program that's still a pre-release & I'm ok with that.

Cheers,

Nick

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 10:14 am
There have been many posts on this subject variating from factual to emotional. In order to keep the forum moving forward, clean and easy to follow for everybody, we will close this one as it has served it's purpose.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 10:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)