Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: What a rushed product.. - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

VDJ 8 has got to be the worst DJ software I have ever used.. I'm currently at a gig and am actually so furious with 8.. I used it for the first hour before it decided to constantly crash and just be a pain in the backside, so have had to switch to VDJ 7.4 again.. I know you guys are gonna say "we said it's not stable and to use 7 if you're worried" then why the f is VDJ 8 even released?

You guys know that it constantly crashes and has numerous amounts of issues and yet it's for sale.. What a faulty product, can't even use it, what a joke.

If it didn't crash it would be perfect.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:26 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Keeping a software that has completed its implementation and primary testing into our drawers would NEVER make it stable. Stability is something which comes gradually through a large base of users and not from a small group no matter how hard we tried to expose its primary weaknesses.
If you are on Windows computer and connected to the Internet, then your crash is automatically uploaded to our server and will be fixed soon. You may have of course noticed that the Dev Team is constantly providing updates with fixes . I am sorry to hear that you had troubles, but definitely you should consider testing prior going live with a software that is out just a few days ago.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:38 am
Despite the disclaimer, you decided to use it anyway. So whose fault is that if it goes belly up?

Rather than just saying it crashed, why not give some details about exactly what happened? That way the issues can be looked into and fixed.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:39 am
I used it at home and it was going okay.

Obviously not my fault, I bought the product thinking it would do as described, unfortunately not, (technically that's bad customer service).

Releasing it to the public was a bad decision. What they did prior and releasing it to the already pro purchasers was the way to go.

Funny that VDJ is meant to be a professional software, yet the professionals can't even use it due to the constant crashes.. Oh the irony.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:57 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
My thoughts exactly Groovin.

I straight up think you are wrong. It is a "Pre release" aka a form of Beta. Released or not, never use Beta live. Your right about the customer service, but not on VDJ. It was your choice to let it rip.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:59 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

NathanPS,

There are hundreds of users on this forum who've been using 8 at all their gigs without issue, I'd say the vast majority are experiencing full stability that's less demanding on their system. However there are so many variables with systems alone, nevermind the various devices that we have connected, so there are bound to be a few users who've drawn a short straw at this point.

The best thing you can do is co-operate by telling the brains here the cause of the crash, can you reproduce the crash and what set-up are you running?

That's the shortest route to get this beast working for you.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:09 am
It's released, your point is invalid.

VDJ 8 is being advertised on the homepage, what happens if a new customer comes alongs and buys it without knowing it's FULL of bugs and CRASHES and then goes and uses it live?

What a joke.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:14 am
So I just realized that this is not a pre release forum any more and there is a final version 8. I still stand by my argument and here is why.

You owe it to your customers to provide a solid service. That is good customer service.. I just got a new laptop, literally 4 weeks ago. I have been testing it for 4 weeks shaking the bugs out.I didn't go live with that "shines new toy" and it is a Pro Audio laptop (not consumer). Testing and tweaking is part of the process and seeing as how it was not a final release a few days ago, you can' tasty you really "tested" it. You took somebody's word for it...

Blame others all you want. I am sorry it worked at home for the couple of days you could have tested it. You obviously didn't really try it out. Learn from this and don't may you customer pay the price for your choices to rush/abbreviate testing.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:17 am
NathanPS wrote :
It's released, your point is invalid.

VDJ 8 is being advertised on the homepage, what happens if a new customer comes alongs and buys it without knowing it's FULL of bugs and CRASHES and then goes and uses it live?

What a joke.

Way to use your words to help fix the situation. You are the only one to blame here still.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:19 am
You should be saying that to the VDJ development team.

You're about as naive as it gets. Wake up mate.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:20 am
I don't feel the same buddy. Sorry, you are talking to a guy who tested a New laptop with Win 7 on it for a month before going live.

What is your other backup solutions? Do you run a UPS? Other machines? Other Software options?

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:24 am
So you've made 4posts and not one explaining the crash in any detail.

Just throwing your toys out your pram because you hadn't tested thoroughly enough. There are users here that tested so much they knew it wasn't ready and have made their feelings known. The difference being they were at least productive with their comments.

Start being productive and tell people what caused it, what you were doing??

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:26 am
As I said you're naive.

Yeah I also have Serato, doesn't let me down, doesn't crash, ah the joys. But yet Serato is classed as the bad software, ha!

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:27 am
All software can crash. MS products can still regularly crash and they have millions of people to act as bug testers on 'release' code. Fixing software that has 'just been released' is pretty normal. Crying about a product that has 'just been released' does not help anyone. Report the problem. Give as much detail as possible about your setup and any error codes you get. Hopefully it will get fixed ASAP.

But to just come in here saying the product is 'rushed' to release is a little disingenuous. I am of the opinion that ALL software never really comes out of beta testing until there are no longer any updates released.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:33 am
Sounds like you are full of reliable solutions for your customers then. Good for you not having anything else to back you up. I wish I could sleep at night providing that kind of service. Shire would help me pay more bills with less gear to pay for.

Serato does not even start up for me. So your comment is invalid there, it starts and then crashes. I was actually able to communicate my issues to them and they said it is because I have too many iTunes play lists. Too many playlists can max out the memory of Serato and crash the program. I have 16 gigs of ram BUT SDJ is a 32 bit app so until they recode it I am out of luck.

So your argument does not hold water about their stability. The difference is I can work with those who want to help like Dan and DJ Dad. Yet we are still talking about you and how mad you are.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:36 am
Please do not let this thread turn into personal attacks people. Please keep it civil.

;-)

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:41 am
No attacks, trying to get his attention. No back ups... Can't believe somebody put little to no testing in this and operates with no backups. Needs to rethink the approach here.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:45 am
It is slightly ironic that "everyone" was "bitching" about waiting, and when one gets to try it, its "bitching" about should have waited longer ;) lol
just to exaggerate a bit.. hehe

But keep in mind that VirtualDJ 7 has had millions of users for years, giving great stability from all the reports coming in ...

VirtualDJ 8 is already pretty solid for most all users, but there will be the odd setup or config that might not be optimal yet, but rest assure, updates will iron out every left little tweak to do ;) And getting rock solid in short time .. (faster than v7 - since v8 can roll out auto-updates instantly)

It will get there, not 100% there for every single user yet, but for the vast majority its already working very good, and tons of gig reports on FB and elsewhere having great success with v8.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:49 am
I completely agree. I called this exact situation on a conversation on Terry's FB page weeks ago and that was why I wanted to make an example by pointing out how some do business. That way when people read it they can consider the source.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:59 am
NathanPS wrote :
what happens if a new customer comes alongs and buys it without knowing it's FULL of bugs and CRASHES

What happens is that, before downloading, the new customer reads the disclaimer written under the download button, then makes their own decision about whether to use it or not. As the song says, Play At Your Own Risk.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 8:18 am
40%