Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Controller not working as expected ? PLEASE READ!!! - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

aaahyeeeaH!...I got this!!!....

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 11:43 pm
PhiDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
PhantomDeejay wrote :
[quote=PhiDJ]
Confirmed. There's an issue in HID on MAC. It will be fixed with next update.

Ok, Phantom. Thanks and noted. Will wait for the next update then.

Gab

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:24 am
Not sure if this should go here but I think it's a controller issue...
I have been testing V8 on my backup laptop for a few days with my VMS4.1 and it has been going well. In fact I was going to gig with it tomorow night.
However, all of a sudden one of my deck faders (CH1) is not responding.
Go back to V7 and it's fine.
Tried following the instructions to clear all xml files from Documents\VirualDJ\Mappers and \Devices but there is nothing in them anyway.
Any ideas guys?
Think I'll have to go with V7 for gigs :-(

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:18 am
Up date to my post above:
De installed VDJ 8, tested VDJ 7 all ok, Re Installed VDJ 8 from original installer and tested all ok,
Update carried out and accepted and fault instantly re appeared (Deck 1 fader not responding).
Conclusion: There is an issue with the latest update?

Update: Not so sure I have just closed and re opened VDJ 8. Refused the update and the same fader is now non responsive again.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 8:10 am
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
PhantomDeejay wrote :

PC or MAC ?
Will investigate further...

Laptop WIN7 home premium 32bit 4GB RAM, nVideogtm330, BCD3000, Novation Launchpad and the DJ-Tech IMIX Reload

Allready tried different jogwheel values such as 0.1 0.5 0.25 0.125 1.0 1.5 2.0 and also tried different jogwheelsensitivity settings.

Jogwheel allways controls half a rotation of the vdj player maximum and than stops any control until i release and touch them again

i remember the native mapping from v7 had issues with the touchwheels

are there still different mapping possibilities for a jogwheel/ touchwheel, as in v7 ?

is there any setting you recommend, that i could try out on my end ? would be cool to give v8 a thorough test over the friday, saturday

thanks tremendous for your assistance

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 8:39 am

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 8:54 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
chevyberetta95 wrote :
Sandbox mode does not turn on when I connect my denon hc500 controller but turn on when the controller is disconnected

Yes. Sandbox can only be activated when using the internal (software) mixer. Your controller needs an external (hardware) mixer setup to work. Therefore you can't use sandbox while it's connected

Sorry I have a denon dn- hc5000 controller with a denon dn-x500 mixer

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:37 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
chevyberetta95 wrote :
Sandbox mode does not turn on when I connect my denon hc500 controller but turn on when the controller is disconnected

Yes. Sandbox can only be activated when using the internal (software) mixer. Your controller needs an external (hardware) mixer setup to work. Therefore you can't use sandbox while it's connected

Sorry I have a denon dn- hc5000 controller with a denon dn-x500 mixer

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:38 pm
And also my cpumeter is 100% when loading songs and sometimes skips a couple seconds

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:49 pm
pochitodjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007

This action is ok???
or delete
& effect 'Loop Roll' select

because by selecting the roll so the effect is activated, then remove the part q vìbastara pointed them?

regards

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 4:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Guys, please if you have any issues with a specific controller, please open a new thread. We cant really follow and read issues with so general title and everybody posting here all kind of issues.

@Advokut, please open a new thread.. We dont have the controller here, so we may have to take a closer look via Teamviewer.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:34 pm
adjnuPRO InfinityMember since 2005
PhantomDeejay wrote :
In version 8 a lot of VDJ Script commands have changed.
Espesially commands regarding your controller's mixer part.
Also, the browser has changed significantly (there's no "sampler" page anymore, no "effects" page e.t.c.

The default (native) mappers for supported devices have been updated to reflect these changes.

However if you are using a custom mapper you either need to tailor it to be v8 compatible, or start from the official (native) v8 mapper and re-tweak your changes.

Before you report that a controller is not working as it should please make sure that you are using the default native mapper.

In order to do so:

1) Close VirtualDj
2) Visit your VirtualDj\Mappers folder
3) Create a subfolder named "Backup"
4) Move all XML files from the "Mappers" folder inside the "Backup" folder
5) Visit your VirtualDj\Devices folder
6) Create a subfolder named "Backup"
7) Move all XML files (if any) from the "Devices" folder to the "Backup" subfolder
8) Start VirtualDj 8

If your controller still has issues with it's mapping then please use this thread to report them.

Thank you!

If i decide to use vdj 7.4.1 again, do i move those mappers back or will it read them from the "back up " folder?

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Backup folder is not some kind of a special folder, its a simple "Backup" folder to save/backup your files. You could of course save them anywhere else in your computer.
And yes, if these files are required for version 7 to use the controller, you ll need to put them back.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:51 pm
prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
When controller is detected after opening VDJ, it causes problems like missing crossfader and no audio.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 11:58 pm
I'm going to confirm that iON Discover DJ (Not Pro) works flawlessly. Thumbs up to Atomix! Now we just need the Mac full screen spaces thing to work instead of just using up the main desktop.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 1:34 am
Hope someone can help, I have a pair of Denon DN-SC2000 controllers, since installing 8 only the left deck works there is no response from the right hand deck as all, I have look at the settings on the controller in the config and as far as I can see everything is as it should be. Any ideas on what I can do? (the decks work perfectly on v7)

*********** NOW SOLVED, on the controller the is a deck a, deck b switch, in version 7 you had to change the one of the controllers to deck b, in version 8 leave both the controllers as deck a (blue light) and they both work perfect :) **********

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 4:31 am
I am using a Toshiba notebook 2.7 Windows intel core i5 - 4 ram 64 bit

The hardware im using is the American Audio 14 mxr mixer - Technics 1210's - 2 x SERATO COV2. the hardware crossfader not linking to VDJ 8 software fader for video? and tracks are skipping around 3 quarter mark of the track? I have new needles and just purchased another pair of timecodes. please let me know if have to do something in configs?

Cheers in advance

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 5:03 am
djdad wrote :
Guys, please if you have any issues with a specific controller, please open a new thread. We cant really follow and read issues with so general title and everybody posting here all kind of issues.

@Advokut, please open a new thread.. We dont have the controller here, so we may have to take a closer look via Teamviewer.

Then why did one of the other Atomix guys - PhantomDeejay - create this thread?

Quote :
If your controller still has issues with it's mapping then please use this thread to report them.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:10 am
PC Laptop using VDJ8 and Hercules RMX controller, Cue Select buttons on controller do nothing and you can have both of them on at the same time (weird).
Any fixes to this?
Thank you!

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 11:16 am
i don't know i try with the hercules rmx 2 alot of popping and i set pitch quality 1 and still popping .so now i am trying with american audio 10mxr and there it sound better no popping but the scratch in some cue point like double up .need help with setting for the hercules rmx2 and with american audio 10 mxr for timecode but with 10mxr sound great just need to tighten the scratches .help and on both alot of the function button don't work .i do not know so far virtual dj 8 is all screwed up or is i do not know how to mess with it in v7

i am a master at it but in vdj 8 i dont know help. thanks

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 11:59 am
89%