Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Controller not working as expected ? PLEASE READ!!! - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

what code did you use? Should be this.

mixer_order 1234

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 4:37 pm
tengo un problema con el pitch del lado izquierdo de la pantalla no funcioba cuando se le da sync ni con el controlador ni manual en la pantalla el controlador q tengo es un ddj we go gracis kisiera sabaer cual es el problema

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 4:53 pm
I tried that exactly, actually made my faders more off, mixer_order 3124 made it about right but 3 & 1 are still swapped, but no matter what I do so far it loads it wrong, sometimes the same settings provide different results upon startup. I also tried re installing both v8 and the drivers, tho everything seems to work fine in 7

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 4:54 pm
Try writing it like this:

mixer_order '1234'

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:07 pm
phantom..I almost got this..but I need my Boost buttons at both side of the cross fader changed to deck swap (4 decks)...tried implementing the old swap code under the config controllers but not working.options for this dont appear...

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:21 pm
Same results, but with the button mapped to 3124 it's usable at least with faders in the correct positions it's just I have to remember when the controller says 3 it'll actually be 1 in VDJ. So far it seems to work fine that way, just annoying to see deck 3 on the ns6 when it's really deck 1

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:22 pm
I have posted this in multiple threads but since you have asked to post controller issues in this thread I shall paste this again. Yes I made sure to move the mappers and devices files into a backup folder before confirming this issue.

I am still having the issue of shift long holding + hot cue (or any function for that matter) does not work. The hot cue is not deleted and is triggered for playback as if the shift key had never been held down when I hit a hot cue pad.
If I shift 'short' hold + hot cue/function (holding shift for less than a second) it works. However this has a knock on effect that if you are in 4 deck mode it shifts (shift button LED lights up) to decks 3 and 4. Switching back to 2 deck mode it still switches to 4 deck mode and the only way to get it working again (at least for short shift hold) is to restart VDJ8 in 2 deck mode. A reminder that it is a Novation Twitch controller with latest USB/MIDI driver, Windows 7 65 Ultimate, Intel i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD Radeon 290 video card, Asus GD65 Gaming motherboard.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:28 pm
That'll be one for the Tech team Craig - but you've posted in the right place. They'll pick it up and ask for more information if required.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:30 pm
mine is very simple guys....if VDJ gives us a 4 deck skin,then how are we supposed to control this with a 2 deck controller.believe me Im trying but..were is the info for this new viarables?
edit: I tried device side but wont toggle from deck 1 to 3 & deck 2 to 4...whats the secret? :<

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:33 pm
P.S. As an example of what you have said about custom mappers. I had effects mapped to controller pads so I could use 2 effects at the same time. I used a controller nob to control each effects parameters (when 1 effect is being held down that is not 2). As an example for others, in v8 the behaviour of the effects is slightly different and has to be mapped differently for the same functionality.

Example mapper I used for v7

var 'mode' 3 ? effect 'dfv flanger' active while_pressed

In v8 I had to change it to

var 'mode' 3 ? effect_select_multi 'dfv flanger' & effect 'dfv flanger' active while_pressed

and do the same for the other pad effects. Using _multi allows for more than 1 effect at the same time.

It's a little more long winded but works well, all except that it only allows control of the parameters of the lower numbered pad when both pads are held down (Not sure if there is a way around that though).

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:59 pm
thetracker510 wrote :
mine is very simple guys....if VDJ gives us a 4 deck skin,then how are we supposed to control this with a 2 deck controller.believe me Im trying but..were is the info for this new viarables?
edit: I tried device side but wont toggle from deck 1 to 3 & deck 2 to 4...whats the secret? :<

Usually your controller has a button to switch to decks 3 & 4. If not you can map one yourself.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:00 pm
djlightbrown1 wrote :
tengo un problema con el pitch del lado izquierdo de la pantalla no funcioba cuando se le da sync ni con el controlador ni manual en la pantalla el controlador q tengo es un ddj we go gracis kisiera sabaer cual es el problema

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:24 pm
DJ_Craig wrote :
thetracker510 wrote :

Usually your controller has a button to switch to decks 3 & 4. If not you can map one yourself.

thats what i allways done.....you're missing the point,which is..they rewrote the scripts fot version 8.and nothing is posted.you can click on terms in the controllers panel and find something adequate but the command for "deck swap"...is either not there,or has been renamed...and we can be guessing for a life time..

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:59 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Right now everybody is working at 200% to get this baby as close to perfection as it can be

...and we greatly appreciate it.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 7:29 pm
now how many of you's are using a two deck controller and mapped it for 4 deck control? and realized that it works...you dont have to go running to the store to buy a so-called 4 deck controller..that yet only has 2 decks ...because they allready mapped a button from the factory to swap decks...you follow?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 7:34 pm
basxrPRO InfinityMember since 2011
pmulligan wrote :
On the new native mapping, my Denon MC6000 (mk1) does not allow you to scroll through effects.

push the efx. button once , then use the sel. knob to scroll the effects . Push browse button to scroll your songs again

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 7:54 pm
Hey! watsup Baxr?...you'r enjoying this so far ;)

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 8:21 pm
led mic button not communicating with ver 8 worked well in 7 controller Hercules dj console 4-mx also I notice for some reason not listed in compatible controller list by when connected vdj reconizes it

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 9:41 pm
prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 10:25 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
DJ Emergency wrote :
iON Discover DJ (not the Pro version) is still not detected with factory presets. I tried what you said above and still no go.

MAC or PC ?

Mac

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 10:30 pm
67%