Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sonique is dead... Long live Milkdrop. - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
SBDJ wrote :
You can move the .ini too, or it will recreate it with the default settings automatically.

Mac version to follow :)

yeah :-)

tayla wrote :
Haha Haui, you'll just have to upgrade to a PC then... rofl

;-) hehe, but i believe there is no way back for me, i'm a lazy boy :-P

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:51 am
Is there no way to edit the settings for Milkdrop like in Winamp? I want it higher quality/resolution.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 1:27 pm
tayla wrote :
Haha Haui, you'll just have to upgrade to a PC then... rofl

Don't be a Mac troll.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:01 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
DJ_Craig wrote :
Is there no way to edit the settings for Milkdrop like in Winamp? I want it higher quality/resolution.

It's only an initial release, more options will come.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:58 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I install it but cannot seem to locate it.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:11 pm
TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Too bad I get errors when I install it....sigh

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:17 pm

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:18 pm
Scott.... WOW AWESOME!! This will bring new life to the files that aren't Video. Ask the team about my issue with Soniques where they overtook the main video out, this my help you to put milkdrop to the back and be able to use other effects over top.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:23 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm a simple sort and pretty good at directions following. I cannot find any milkdrop dll or related files.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:36 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:43 pm
Awesome plugin!! looks great. I would be great in in a future release you could adjust the transparity for use with a camera plugin or behind videos. Vast improvement form the sonique plugin. Great work.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:51 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
Scott.... WOW AWESOME!! This will bring new life to the files that aren't Video. Ask the team about my issue with Soniques where they overtook the main video out, this my help you to put milkdrop to the back and be able to use other effects over top.

Agree 100% Awesome Scott .... thanks for this

For Background set say 4 deck mode and select milkdrop on deck 3, just and cross fade a little to that deck and the effects will come in behind say Karoake some modulated effects of course may not work but still looks fantastic.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:26 pm
Looks as if Milkdrop is now not the main focus on the the output as other effects now show. SWEET!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:49 pm
TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:53 pm
still not working for me ...ironic...

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 12:32 am
Got it working on first install of VDJ 8 on my second Lappy Dell inspiron 1525 "Old Dog",windows 7 32 bit on this one.but Scott is updating as we speak..

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:18 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I think Brian mentioned this earlier but I've just managed to get an update and can confirm, you can now overlay your video sample over the top of Milkdrop. God send if you are using videos with transparency and want to keep your messages going while Milkdrop runs in the background.

Absolutely brilliant!... cheers Scott.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 2:48 pm
tayla wrote :
Hey guys Sonique is dead, thanks to Scott... long live Milkdrop

After many years of poor visualizations from Sonique at last some decent eye candy for your screens.

Cheers.

Scotts link.... http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16711/Milkdrop.html

Thank you for the advise on switching from Sonique to Milkdrop, the only thing I haven't figured out is how do I get the Milkdrop video's to play on video screen automatically when I play a audio track and then turn off when a video is played?

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:02 pm
Ok maybe I am missing something but I can no longer change or control which milkdrop is playing. I can if it is activated as an effect but not when it is running for audio only. I click on the settings and see them but they do nothing. Tried with both the one in Visualisations and the main one neither work??

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 6:36 pm
Nevermind, updated VDJ and all works how its supposed to.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 8:42 pm
33%