Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Milkdrop - Page: 9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

before someone else ask you...what are your computer's specs? which version of vdj? and on which build?

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 3:16 am
PC is:
AMD A8-5500 APU 3.2 GHz processor
8 GB Ram
64-bit operating system
Windows 8
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS Video Card

Build is: 1932.784

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 7:44 pm
hmm,not familiar with the proccesor,duo core? Quad? but the nvidias are quite old.keep in mind that you are dealing with graphics and your computer and vdj can use all the help it can get.

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 8:25 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As above, that video card is extremely slow.

Sadly I suspect your system isn't up to running this plugin.

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 1:43 am
Had the same problem as a lot of other users here, loads of wailing and gnashing of teeth. I have a good spec PC with clean installs and nothing surplus to requirements installed......

All fixed by (re)installing DirectX 9.0 from above link. Now works flawlessly! :D

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 2:45 pm
Dear Mr. SBDJ,
Milkdrop is just awesome.. mindblowing.. fantastic. Thankyou very much.
But I have a couple of questions, I've got Milkdrop running as a visualisation and normally use the Fade Now button on the GUI to skip to the next visualisation, the only drawback is that some of them are very loud (in an optical manner of speaking) and don't really fit to the crowd/dancefloor at that moment, or while playing bacground music etc. (yes I'm a wedding DJ that changes genre a lot)
1. Is there any way to make groups or sets, then I could sort through the dll files at home, create different groups and then choose the group that suits the changing music/mood during the evening?
2. Is it possible to assign a custom button(I'm using Fruits skin) to act like the FadeNow button on the GUI, as this would save me having to have the GUI open all the time?
Thx & Best Wishes
Ray

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 6:56 am
raypitman wrote :
1. Is there any way to make groups or sets, then I could sort through the dll files at home, create different groups and then choose the group that suits the changing music/mood during the evening?

You could copy, refine and swap out the presets folder manually.

raypitman wrote :
2. Is it possible to assign a custom button(I'm using Fruits skin) to act like the FadeNow button on the GUI, as this would save me having to have the GUI open all the time?

In the next beta build it should be possible to do this:

effect_button 'audioonlyvisualisation' 1

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 8:29 am
whoop whoop, thanks :)

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 1:19 pm
Hi,

is there any possibility to feed audio to milkdrop via external input e.g. from recording input? I am using VDJ8.
I need this because some audio is still comming to the main external mixer from other sources.

Thanks a lot.

Sascha

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 6:47 am
You could activate it on a deck then route a line in to that deck.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 7:29 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
SBDJ wrote :
You could activate it on a deck then route a line in to that deck.

I can verify that this works. We do a three DJ party that I run video and sound for. Two DJ's run into their DJM500 and feed into a channel on my DJM600. I do that so I can control their levels before getting to any mor of my kit. I then pull off of my record out to a line in on my Audio 6. This feeds to deck 4. I have run milkdrop on both the master out and just that deck, it has responded well either way.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 9:09 am
I am blind. Any short hint "HOW" to load a configured line to a deck? I read the manual, but I couldnĀ“t find the sentance between. I guess rewire is not mandatory due to line input from soundcard. But also, what do i need to install rewire?

Thanks
Sascha

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 12:32 pm
sushifix wrote :
I am blind. Any short hint "HOW" to load a configured line to a deck? I read the manual, but I couldnĀ“t find the sentance between. I guess rewire is not mandatory due to line input from soundcard. But also, what do i need to install rewire?

Thanks
Sascha

I do not use rewire... I do this all withing VDJ8

Page 78 of the user manual describes the audio settings.... I will give some screenshots of what I do.
You need to map a input from the soundcard to the line in source in VDJ. Then you use the AUX input on a deck. Check the yellow arros in my screenshots.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 1:10 pm
perfect that work. I miss the button aux and did not search for it. If I have a 4 deck configuration or more than one line input. Do you have any idea how to find these "AUX" button(s). Is there any hidden menu or do I need to modify the skin?

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 1:34 pm
You can put the command on a custom button:

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 1:42 pm
On the default skin, I did as groovindj suggested and mapped a custom button. Other skins, like Fruit's, have it already mapped to a button.

Fruits logic appears to search and see if a linein is available. I'm not sure if it creates buttons for more then one. As the images posted by grrovin shows above, linein can be defined as "linein 1" or "linein 2" and so on.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 1:49 pm
perfect! Thank you all for the fast help!

Sascha

Posted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 2:38 pm
double install of milkdrop?
do we need both versions installed to run in v7 and v8 or can we pare it down to one version that runs on both?
they both come up listed in 8 and you can activate one but not the other and they both say milkdrop on the image but don't differentiate except for one activates and one doesn't.
slightly confusing.

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 7:08 pm
Activation of the Milkdrop8 plugin causes the entire skin to momentarily freeze. It also causes the video output to momentarily freeze. It happens whether I activate in manually as an Effect or Visualization or automatically as an audio only Visualization. Once activated, you can turn it off and on as much as you like with no freezing. You can also load as many video or audio files into the other deck with no freezing. But if you load 2 videos at the same time one in each deck, it deactivates the plugin and the skin and video output will momentarily freeze the next time you reactivate it either manually or automatically.
I am a Professional DJ who started out on vinyl 28 years ago; I have been using PCDJ products for over half that time doing audio only with a rack mount controller. I recently decided to start to migrate towards doing video as well and decided to switch to VDJ 8 because of the ability to natively customize the browsing area and because of the audio only visualization support of Milkdrop. In order to use VDJ 8 in a in my current rack I had to buy all new computer hardware, a compatible NOS controller, and of course a pro license. I was unable to test the functionality of the Milkdrop8 plugin prior to investing quite a bit of money and time due to the fact that the plugin is only available for download to Pro users. With that said, it is imperative that I get this situation resolved. Thank you in advance for any and all assistance in this matter.
Here is what I have tried so far;
Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, clean install with no updates or all updates.
Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, clean install with no updates or all updates.
Virtual DJ 8 Pro Infinity v8.0.2191 and v8.0.2265 tried every setting available.
AMD A4-7300 4.0GHz Dual-Core on Asus A88XM-A with windows drivers or in the box drivers or latest drivers from internet. On chip AMD Radeon HD 8470D graphics at all memory settings from 264mb to 1GB.
Intel i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core on Gigabyte B85M-DS3H with windows drivers or in the box drivers or latest drivers from internet. On chip Intel HD 4400 graphics at all memory settings from 264mb to 1GB.
Intel i5-4690K 3.9GHz Quad-Core on Gigabyte B85M-DS3H with windows drivers or in the box drivers or latest drivers from internet. On chip Intel HD 4600 graphics at all memory settings from 264mb to 1GB.
DDR3 @ 1066MHz and 1600MHz 4GB or 8GB
Onboard audio or USB sound card.
5400 RPM or 7200 RPM hard drive or Samsung EVO Pro SSD
CPU and RAM utilization remain low during operation.
The controller has remained unconnected until I get this resolved.
Since the freeze only happens when Milkdrop8 starts could you make an option to allow it to run continually in the background so that when it is activated or loaded into a deck preview window it will already be running and therefore not cause the system to momentarily freeze?

Posted Sat 30 May 15 @ 11:33 pm
Is this thread about Milkdrops or is it about "Line in's"???

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 12:25 am
74%