Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Milkdrop - Page: 10

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
thetracker510 wrote :
Is this thread about Milkdrops or is it about "Line in's"???

Yes :)
The line in part was just how to get Milkdrop to react to an external audio source thru VDJ

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 12:53 am
M.C.Cookamunga wrote :
Activation of the Milkdrop8 plugin causes the entire skin to momentarily freeze.

Are you using the default skin?
Have you tried enabling Milkdrop as the visualization for audio only in the advanced options?

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 12:59 am
blckjck wrote :
M.C.Cookamunga wrote :
Activation of the Milkdrop8 plugin causes the entire skin to momentarily freeze.

Are you using the default skin?
Have you tried enabling Milkdrop as the visualization for audio only in the advanced options?

Yes and Yes on both questions. Thanks

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 1:11 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There is no way for it to run in the background all the time.

If you are experiencing a momentary freeze, it's likely down to your video card doing the prep work like compiling shaders - all of yours are unfortunately low spec and this could well cause a momentary freeze.

I will have a look and see if there is anything I can optimise.

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 4:20 am
SBDJ wrote :

If you are experiencing a momentary freeze, it's likely down to your video card doing the prep work like compiling shaders - all of yours are unfortunately low spec and this could well cause a momentary freeze.

Ok, thank you very, very much. I had spent well over two weeks searching the internet for any information regarding the system requirements to run Milkdrop8 in Virtual DJ 8 and came up with nothing. I found information for running Virtual DJ 8 and Milkdrop separately and as far as I can tell all of these systems that I bought far exceeding these requirements. Logically buying a more powerful add in video card would have been the first thing that I would have tried instead of trying to buy several new CPU’s with more powerful on chip graphics, but that is not an option as I have a short depth rack mount computer short enough to fit in a standard audio rack and it is only 2 units high. I have no option to add a video card to this case and I can’t use a bigger case because the road case is already full. In fact I have to lose one of my keyboard drawers in order to install the new controller because it is 1 unit bigger than the old one. So I am stuck with on chip graphics and the reason I bought these different CPU’s is that I read many online reviews of people using them for mid-range gaming builds and being able to achieve respectable frame rates in modern video games, so I assumed Virtual DJ and Milkdrop would be no problem. I also found other posts in the forum about people using Milkdrop seamlessly on systems with much lower specs, especially some laptops, with no problems what so ever. So as you can see I am in a very serious bind over here and if you can manage to help me get this rectified I will be most seriously grateful. By the way this plug in that you have created is so impressive that it was the determining factor as to which DJ software I purchased for video mixing. That is why it is so important to me to get it working. Thank you for your hard work.

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 6:54 am
v1.3 now available (01/06/2015):

* Improved random preset rotation order
* Fix issue which caused some presets to render blank
* Support external textures, which also caused some presets to render blank or incorrectly
* Implement skipping preset automatically for certain failure conditions
* Additional shader safety
* Support for FPS rates higher than 30
* Small performance improvements
* 1955 presets now bundled (up from 533)
* Lots of internal changes, so please test fully before using live

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 1:41 pm
SBDJ wrote :

Scott, you are the man. Thank you very much for the update. I am currently testing it on the AMD A4-7300 and so far it is running perfectly. I will continue to test it very thoroughly before using it live and will report back here with my findings. And 1955 presets is like Christmas in June. Once again thank you for helping me get this project back on track.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 9:26 pm
quick question: does this install/update write itself in and overwrite the existing version or do we need to un-install it first?

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 9:54 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
quick question: does this install/update write itself in and overwrite the existing version or do we need to un-install it first?

I did not see an option to uninstall Milkdrop8 from the control panel list of programs to uninstall in windows. I assume the uninstall option is not included in the installer as it doesn’t really install anything per se but just puts the right files in the right folders. Anyway I just installed it over the existing installation and assume that it just replaced and added the additional files and everything is running great so far.

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 10:06 pm
it will overwrite the previous milk.that is why you should download and save the installers for things you love...Im testing right now though and everything seems fine.even though I run the first version on decks while newest "v8 only" on the audio vis config. (so you can crossfade between two different milkdropsthis works if you had kept the previous version before scott seperated them into v7 & v8.I dont know of the old version drawbacks on who's system or what but it works on mine..

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 10:43 pm
Dear Scott,
this should have a government health warning on it! lol
i downloaded the update this mornin, it's been running for 10 hours, and I still havn't been able to take my eyes off of it.
Seriously, good work, thankyou very much.
practice n enjoy
ray
edit. I only mean that with the ghw 'cos I havn't got any work done today, just been playin and enjoyin.

Posted Wed 03 Jun 15 @ 11:47 am
I just downloaded Milkdrop for 7.4 but it won't install. When I goto install I get a message saying : "Software not found, you must install the software first. Check VDJ". I have VDJ professional licence 7.4 installed on my machine so why is it saying software not found. My sonique doesn't work anymore and I read about Milkdrop but how to install?

Posted Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 12:07 pm
Download the milkdrop7 . And the execute the file. It will be on you videoeffect tab on vdj7.

GK.

Posted Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 8:49 pm
Mac Version ?!?!?

Posted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 1:36 pm
Anyone else getting a problem with screen flicker when using Milkdrop 8 ?

Happens whether I use it on it's own or in conjunction with Telly Visuals.
Have re-downloaded and re-installed ......
Other Video's and VJ Drops work without the flashing screen, just when Milkdrop is activated as a Master Effect.

PC Specs - AMD FX 8350 ( 8 Core) - 16gb Ram DDR3 - GT610 (2gb) Video Card

Posted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 1:41 pm
gabycorreaPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2010
I happened to my me.I never found the solution.remove vdj 8. Continuous using vdj7
regards

Posted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 2:53 pm
A few other people have reported it but as yet I've been unable to replicate here.

I have a hunch so if anyone wants to try a test build let me know.

Posted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 6:17 pm
PM me if you like Scott, I'll have some time in the morning and tomorrow night to test

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 12:46 am
Thanks for that Scott ....... Quite happy to test it out for you.

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 6:22 am
the 1955 presets are sick!..good job SB....

Posted Thu 11 Jun 15 @ 5:16 pm
82%