Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Milkdrop - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Available to download is a milkdrop visualiser for VirtualDJ:

v7: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16751/Milkdrop7.html
v8: http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=16711

The v7 plugin is no longer in active development.

v1.3 now available (01/06/2015):

* Improved random preset rotation order
* Fix issue which caused some presets to render blank
* Support external textures, which also caused some presets to render blank or incorrectly
* Implement skipping preset automatically for certain failure conditions
* Additional shader safety
* Support for FPS rates higher than 30
* Small performance improvements
* 1955 presets now bundled (up from 533)
* Lots of internal changes, so please test fully before using live

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:27 am
not too sure as to how this plugin works, but does it have effects files (like Sonique does) if so can i add or remove some of them??
(not that whats there isnt good im thinking of the future if i find some addons..)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:33 am
"Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\Milkdrop Presets" ;)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:42 am
wow at 533 presets it should keep us going till virtualdj9

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:27 pm
scott, Im finally got V8 working with the Hercules...nobody is responding ...the milkdrops are not working..I downloaded you new one and its in the visualizations folder but....then I moved the soniques folder to visualizations and works...there could be something to do with vdj connecting to my nVidia Geforce GTX 460m cards? that worked fine..shoot! have'nt tried a video yet...wait up....

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:45 pm
Ok,Im been forced to post a complaint on this...I get no respond of anything obviously I will never get V8 running.its a whole new software that the mapper dont work,that visuals go on a new folder...hey! C'mon....

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:10 pm
Tracker - chill out!! There are hundreds of users posting and we are trying to help everyone.

Slow down. Where is Milkdrop currently sitting within the effects section? VideoEffect? Visualisation?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:48 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:49 pm
I had moved it all to visualizations.now I'm moving the presets back to the plugins folder as scott mentioned..but what about the dll? Im getting a "seems that milkdrop is imcompatible" message when trying to open within the plugins slot.but I also selected it in conf and nothing happens.yet sonique works couse I dropped the sonique folder into visualiztion as well..why is scotts install sending the milkdrops to the plugins folder? then says to move it to the visualization?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:56 pm
DjGazUK wrote :
One for the petrolheads !
.milk file of something that looks likie pistons firing up and down :)

http://forums.winamp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50845&d=1384034999

hope you are not referring to me buddy.you dont know the politics here.I was the one that kept pushing the soniques,THEN the milkdrops to be implemented...but there is a certain person that keeps getting that wrong...and Im into good Coffee,never into petro.dont needed.cause Im the Tracker,and will run circles around heads scratching while rocking the guitar simul :)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:01 pm
Ok here's where everything is for me and it's working....

Presets in a folder called "MilkDrop Presets" located inside the Plugins folder.
milkdrop.dll and milkdrop are located in the Visualisations folder

The reason it's good (but not essential) to move the two files to visualisations is you can then use them to cover audioOnly tracks on a video set.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:02 pm
thanx dan...knew I could count on you.btw seen your creations at skins download..wayyyy before you posted..ha! sayd yeah dan its on it...oops I misread that dude at the top..he,he

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:07 pm
jeez..still nothing...I get a popup saying "incompatible" when chosing from the video effect slot on mixer pannel? and no picture when selected at Audio config....also...I think they need to add enter buttons for selections in configurations.same applies for the new "mapper".we cannot confirm the new selection...agreed?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:34 pm
Incompatible will be returned if the plugin failed to initialise. The only reason that would be is if your folders aren't where it installed them.

As for why it goes into VideoEffect - well it's a v7 effect too and that doesn't understand that folder. So I install it there for now, and 8 users can use it there or move it if they wish.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:45 pm
TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Yep same here...turn it on and nothing but a blank screen. BTW video, sonique and all other video and visualizations work except for milkdrop. All my drivers are up to dat and the newest version of Direct X is installed.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:47 pm
well...vdj is crashing as i try to select the milkdrops folder from the plugins slot's dropdown menu?..horrible

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:48 pm
TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
thetracker510 wrote :
well...vdj is crashing as i try to select the milkdrops folder from the plugins slot's dropdown menu?..horrible

I'm not crashing but love milkdrop and just want it to work.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:50 pm
I have reinstalled vdj8 and will do the milkdrops next...but still is not working.scott ..do i need to have a special seeting like "use Graphics accelarations" (I'm just saying...in thinking,i have not checked under that jungle called our new "Configurationds"...that things a mess if u asked me..

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:18 pm
Tantrix wrote :
Yep same here...turn it on and nothing but a blank screen. BTW video, sonique and all other video and visualizations work except for milkdrop. All my drivers are up to dat and the newest version of Direct X is installed.

No idea why that would be I'm afraid. Does it work for you in v7?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:53 pm
ok scott,u know this has worked for me in v7,which btw I still have installed.now u mentioned the problem been the folders location but dan told me that he's got them like this:milkdrop presets under plugins,milkdrop folder & dll under visualizations.that would not work.you sayd that it shpuld be where originally installed.remember btw I was running your betta for a while now.so now I moved everything back to the plugins,open vdj after yet another computer restart...and click on video screen,its blank until i select a sonique file,then I noticed the milkdrop dll in the dropdown list showing up again (it wouldnt before,and if you see and click on the visualization folder at the plugin slot select it will give a error of something like cant select subfolder and lockup and vdj losks up.but this time i got the message milkdrop incompatible but and a sonique activated.when i clicked on the slot button to turnoff the present sonique...the milkdrop seemed to be running behind it..I sayd "cool" but then VDJ crashed and this time it wont restart.here is a major "Beef" now.we cant use a regestry fix while vdj is down? I think they better get busy and get real...there will be situations like these and we need more...I will try this once more..and see..

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:14 pm
8%