Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Milkdrop - Page: 7

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Even though it is lit up in the drop down

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 5:19 pm
Now how I get it to work is this. Load vid to 1 and audio to 2 no matter what at this point you cant control it. The minute you load another mp3 to deck 1 you can now go to master and select milkdrop and its lit up in the tree. I then open the gui and unpin it and move it. If I go on and mix adding videos and audio I will retain the control from the opened gui.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 5:36 pm
thats what I'm saying....:)

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 7:04 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
discobrian24 wrote :
Also you will notice that there is a mp3 loaded on 1 and a video loaded on 2. The milkdrop gui that is showing is from deck 1 and has no control over the effect ie. cant make changes.

I've tried this but am unable to replicate your issue; no matter where I open the GUI from the controls still work. Any chance of a 'process' so I can replicate?

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 5:08 am
Funny today I can not replicate.. hmmm

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 5:52 pm
I've just updated the installers for these - they will now check if you have the correct DirectX components and offer to assist you in updating if you don't.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 8:53 pm
Im having an odd issue, I can't get milkdrop to turn off. When I click the on button it activates when I click it again it continues to run

What am I doing wrong???

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 12:01 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Have you got it set to be the default effect for music files that don't have a video? If you have it won't turn off until you play a music video.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 12:35 pm
GaryBr wrote :
Have you got it set to be the default effect for music files that don't have a video? If you have it won't turn off until you play a music video.

Thanks Gary Thats exactly what it was

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 3:29 pm
got it to work... cool, now how do I select what I want as a visual and what I don't and is there a way in 8 to look through each one to see what I want to delete. Maybe a video player or a deck box?

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 10:39 pm
You can't manually select a preset at the moment, but the plugin does tell you which one is active and you can skip through them.

You can add/remove presets in Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\Milkdrop Presets.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 2:45 am
found solution for my setup using windows 8.1 will work with both virtual dj 7 and 8 need to install winamp for milkdrop effects to work

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 2:47 am
You do not need winamp installed!

Posted Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 4:37 am
sonicgtPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I used milk drop in my set last night do r the first time and had it continually shut off on me

Here is my use case
Vdj 8 on windows 7 64 bit
I was running 4 decks
Deck 1 and 2 for standard music
Deck 3 I loaded milkdrop8 as a visualization under the effects drop down
Deck 4 I loaded camera under the effect as a visualization
I turned on both milkdrop and the camera and used the slider with a fade slide setting to overlay the milkdrop onto the camera video
All worked fine for maybe 10-15 minutes and then milkdrop just wasn't working anymore. It was black. I turned the effect on and off with no luck. It showed it was on but nothing.
I could then turn milkdrop on and off under the main effects bank for video and it would start and once I did that I could turn it back on under deck 3. But then 10 minutes later same thing.

Posted Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 1:43 pm
Did you try changing the preset when it went blank?

Posted Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 2:45 pm
sonicgtPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Yes I tried the fade now and cut now buttons and once it did work, but the other times it did not

Posted Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 3:22 pm
hi,
Habe milkdrop8 installiert (Windows pc 8.1) im vdj8.leider stürzt das Programm immer ab beim aktivieren.Habe auch Direct9 installiert.
leider immer wieder absturz,kennt sich jemand damit aus?woran könnte es liegen?.´
Ziel ist es, das wenn ich kein video-Clip abspiele (beamer und Leinwand) irgendein Hintergrundbild zusehen ist,bzw. eine Visualiesirung
läuft.
Ich arbeite mit vdj8 und denon mk 6000.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 3:07 pm

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 5:09 am
SBDJ wrote :
You can't manually select a preset at the moment, but the plugin does tell you which one is active and you can skip through them.

You can add/remove presets in Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\Milkdrop Presets.

Hi SBDJ, I've managed to get Milkdrop working and it's mindblowingly good! Are you planning to make this possible in the future so that one can scroll through the presets like in Sonique(that I don't use anymore), if you do it would be fandabidozy?

Best Wishes and keep up the good work
Ray

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 2:37 am
Please can I have the milk drop plugin for mac book pro...Thank you

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 1:18 pm
58%