Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

inDOKnito wrote :
angelt99 wrote :
i made a video this is the problem and in the beginning of the video i meant to say the wave form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeUj5iBHLMA&feature=youtu.be

Long shot, but as long as noone has a better idea: Is your autocue possibly set to "skip silence"?

it was set to skip silence i set it to just cue nothing same issue

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 3:20 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
My bad -so my laggy time codes was a result of the maya software not been installed. I plugged in the sound card on my mac and it detected the card so I figure that all that was needed. But once I installed the maya control panel and turned up the volume it is all good. Very djdecks like.. Good. So a gain knob is not needed after all.

But got a crash in 1819.672 after letting the system go to sleep for about 40 minutes, then logging back in to use the software. I had crashguard on so I didn't get to catch the dump..

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 4:14 pm

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 4:31 pm
angelt99 wrote :
ok last video just trying to figured it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWJrnBqF2Dw

Definitely software, I performed same test in VDJ7 and no jumping occurred... checked all settings and tried various combinations and still the time code slips and jumps causing pitch to behave weird. Reminds me of the old belt driven turntables the way it responds

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 8:39 am
SORRY can not do it no more. Mess with vdj 8 untill it fixs just doing the vdj radio and it crash on ME 3 time all ready rigtht now everything about vdj 8 is not right ..

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 10:56 am
angelt99 wrote :
SORRY can not do it no more. Mess with vdj 8 untill it fixs just doing the vdj radio and it crash on ME 3 time all ready rigtht now everything about vdj 8 is not right ..

Yeah I have given up on time codes for now with VDJ 8, i'll keep using 7.4 for that even though scratch and backspin sucks

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 5:09 pm
gasalexPRO InfinityMember since 2006
guys Virtual Vinyl interface when

im reading issues about sl's from ''serato'' or ''tractors'' interfaceses thats why you guys have to many problems try to connect maya 44 to serato or another one won't work because is one program and one interface end of story

That's what we need when i bought virtual vinyl i thought it was the whole package i think atomix and numark have a deal on this so whats happen now

So to the sopport managers Support staff virtual vinyl when

thanks

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 5:21 pm
IT crazy i been complaining about timecode for when virtual dj 8 came out no body from vdj/ dev team has said nothin about if it going to get fix or what.
sorry to say but we all pay alot of money for this so we can have a dj program that works i know it new and i expected bugs to but wow to many they should not have release it yet for that.I really need it to work i use vdj 7 alot but i use serato to and serato is better then vdj 7 and i expected vdj 8 to be better then serato. sorry for complaining but very frustrated i just want to plug in and play not every day trying to fix the timecode setting to see if it will work.and then i do not scratch just mix and it crashes on me.Crazy i spend alot of money on vdj over the years for this please help.i do not want to go to serato and spend more money on a DJ SOFTWARE. SEE I OWN vdj 7 and 8 i do not own serato i play with it because sometime i have to.That what they have in the clubs out here in new york so alot of clubs do not like to switch so i have to use it. SO I BEEN telling them (people) club promoter about vdj 8 that its going to be a much respected DJ software and they look at me like yeah right.I WANT TO prove them wrong for all of us VDJ PEOPLE.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 12:07 am
I think timecodes will be fixed eventually... hopefully.
But look around, I would say they are swamped with bugs - they might be getting the easier bugs first before they hit the timecodes issue..
I am estimating another 6 months before we have a fully stable vdj 8.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 2:37 am
[quote=angelt99SO I BEEN telling them (people) club promoter about vdj 8 that its going to be a much respected DJ software and they look at me like yeah right.I WANT TO prove them wrong for all of us VDJ PEOPLE.[/quote]

I am in the same boat brother "frustrated" and angry at times... spending more time trying to get the software to work than playing on the software etc 1 turntable working and the other one not working? I too have heaps of issue's but I'm trying keep the faith my man. Once the vdj 8 software gets all the bugs ironed out it will be an awesome product!!! just have to persevere with the wait I guess? we have all waited this long and now its here... We all know that vdj 8 is built from the get go so a lot has changed! sometimes change is for the good.

Your money hasn't been wasted brother.... just being stretched :)

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 7:42 am

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 9:39 am
angelt99 wrote :
OK I MADE a video to compare vdj 7 to vdj 8 on timecode .This is for the virtual dj team sorry to be a pain in the ### BUT hopeful this help .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z62ym0qZpYc

vid is private

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 10:31 am
dasouth2004 wrote :
angelt99 wrote :
OK I MADE a video to compare vdj 7 to vdj 8 on timecode .This is for the virtual dj team sorry to be a pain in the ### BUT hopeful this help .

vid is private
ok sorry check it now

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 10:36 am
angelt99 wrote :

Hey bro, I appreciate the work you put in to get this problem solved... hope the team sees what's going on here as i'm having he same issues as you are. Time codes can either make or break VDJ8 in relation with the competition

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 11:13 am
UPDATE!: I submitted a ticket explaining the issues discussed here and the the dev team has responded asking for more details and examples of the problems we are facing. Angel I have sent them your videos and one of my own showing the problems so this looks like progress I guess

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 12:02 pm
Same problems here.
Tried out using virtual dj (downloaded the home version of it) and using the timecodes for 10 minutes.
2 Technics mk2 , serato cv 02 and 2,5 , sl 3 and dj trim 4 & 6.
Same issues as the videos up there.
First time both timecides seems to be recognised. Then the right channel stops working everytime i open the vdj,(changed settings swaped soundcards ,and timecodes vinyls too, on both turntables. same thing)
also same skipping problems with the video (perfect settings callibration on my turntables).
Though about posting this for more feedback on the timecodes

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 2:20 pm
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
UPDATE!: I submitted a ticket explaining the issues discussed here and the the dev team has responded asking for more details and examples of the problems we are facing. Angel I have sent them your videos and one of my own showing the problems so this looks like progress I guess

Nice thanks hopeful soon and we will be able to rock.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 3:35 pm
angelt99 - you can adjust the settings below for your leadtime

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 12:55 am
Oh nevermind - I just got to the part of the video where you know about the settings..

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 12:57 am
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :

So you were luckier than me - all I got was cheap workarounds, telling me what I reported didn't happen (yep, I obviously report imaginary bugs...) and questioning why I would even want to do this or that... - well, because that's what I liked an grew accustomed to in 7.4.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 4:00 am
19%