Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

As this is the "Pre-Release" and it might be possible to get things changed before the final release NOW is the time to speak up about this. We have waited a loooooong time for vdj to have tight timecodes.

For the scratching I do I think its come a long way and its pretty good now. How are others liking it??

I know there are a few small fish in this big controller pond so if its still not up to your standards SPEAK UP NOW!! THEY ARE LISTENING TO US!!

Let's hear it............

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:16 am
Do you use timecode? I havent been able to get it to work at all even with 7.4 using serato CVS02 and my VCI-380 as the external soundcard

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:55 am
Yes I do, since 5.2. I use either an SL3 or now my Pioneer DJM T1.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:56 am
Im going to try V8.. I have been using timecode for years with a MAYA 44 and CDJ 800's ... Does anyone notice any issue on 8? Also is this stable enough for a gig?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:58 am
For what I do I think it's pretty dam good, now as for using 8 on a gig, I wouldn't do it as this is new software. You should always FULLY TEST ON YOUR SETUP. When I say test I mean try to make the software crash. Run through all types of situations until you feel certain it's gig worthy.

Now I would like to hear from the guys who were always complaining 7 wasn't any good when it came to timecodes. This is your time to express your self cause the team is listening!!

If it's still not up to your standards that's your own fault for sleeping on this!!

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 11:44 am
Set up my TCV rig last night with it.

- Tech 1200's
- Serato CV2
- American Audio MXR-14

Everything is great. I was able to pull off a couple of juggle routines with zero sticker drift. Much much more tighter control and better sound all together. As someone who has used Serato for a lot of TCV usage, I can honestly say that V8 has surpassed the almighty SSL.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 11:46 am
beatbreaker1

I'm testing the Hercules Deejay Trim 4&6 out right now but no ASIO for it. (Not happy with it right now the card that is)
BUT
UP NEXT For me is the SL3 so I will let you know what I think soon bro....

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:18 pm
Hi, I have tried with an SL1 box and I have a MOTU FW828 both have about the same sound...would need a tweak on the definition of the scratch sound with the latency .. it sounds like it's missing some of the audio in the forward backward motion .. it's nice to have access to all the commands in the option tab!!

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:52 pm
@visionz, thats great to hear!!

@Audio000, bummer about the trim as for the sl3 rane does a shitty job when it comes to asio drivers. My DJM T1 performs better then the SL3 but it is a great card.

@djrickhaiti, I'll do some more slow drags tonight and see if I can hear what your saying.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:05 pm
visionz5 wrote :
Set up my TCV rig last night with it.

- Tech 1200's
- Serato CV2
- American Audio MXR-14

Everything is great. I was able to pull off a couple of juggle routines with zero sticker drift. Much much more tighter control and better sound all together. As someone who has used Serato for a lot of TCV usage, I can honestly say that V8 has surpassed the almighty SSL.

Brother i have the same set up 1210's / serato CV2 vinyls and a American Audio 14 mxr mixer: What was your config's in vdj7? as i was getting lags! Did you disable the pitch? and is it better to have the settings on 45 or 33? does your cue buttons work? would love to hear how you did your config's as i would duplicate this! cheers in advance my man

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:47 pm
7 is laggy so for this thread let's keep it about VDJ8 please......

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:54 pm
Win 7 64-Bit with Hercules Deejay Trim 4&6 (ASIO) and VDJ TCV here.
While scratching I get crackle with Master Tempo (pitchQuality set to 2) switched on, even at ridiculously high latency.
With MT turned off I went down to 2ms with WiFi on and didn't notice any noise, not even with very fast scratches.

What I disliked so far:
- VDJ does not seem to select the deck automatically, anymore when moving a vinyl (autoHeadphones = always).
- In smart mode the track skips when turning TC on and off (which I'm used to doing to clean the needle). That's not smart at all.
Also the track stops when the Vinyl ends - could it be that the new smart is accidentally just absolute mode? I also noticed that newly loaded tracks start about where the needle is.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:26 pm
Try to set PitchQuality to 1 and test again...

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:30 pm
1 works okay (not perfect), I should have mentioned that. Thanks for the answer, though!
Do you have anything on the automatic deck selection and the smart-mode-TC-behaviour?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:42 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
would love to finally test tcv also.

im trying to get my bcd3000 to work with timecode vinyl, but i can NOT use it with ASIO as in v7. it shows only as WASAPI. this gives me only two inputs, not four like i previous versions

how can i get v8 to see my soundcard as ASIO just like v7 used to???

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:44 pm
Not a TCV user myself. However PitchQuality=1 is recommended for TCV users right now...

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:45 pm
Advokut wrote :
would love to finally test tcv also.

im trying to get my bcd3000 to work with timecode vinyl, but i can NOT use it with ASIO as in v7. it shows only as WASAPI. this gives me only two inputs, not four like i previous versions

how can i get v8 to see my soundcard as ASIO just like v7 used to???

Did you tried to click on the second column to see if ASIO is available there ?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:46 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
yes, it shows as WASAPI. no asio there except my NIaudioDJ2. also it shows only input and 2.

in V7 ive been able to use it as WDM, and also as a ASIO card for my turntables. there the card did show as a ASIO card.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:17 pm
So far I'm loving it, but I can't really get a good grasp of it until they fix the issues with the controllers on the Mac side. I get a lot of freezes when shutting the application down though. I tried the CMD+OPTION+R+P to clear the PRAM and it kinda fixed the freezing issue, but VDJ still stays open until I force quit it. I did a suggestion here: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/187340/VirtualDJ_8_Pre-Release_Forum/Suggestion_.html to allow VDJ to have it's own fullscreen space instead of using up the desktop. As I toy with it more I'll figure out if it needs anything more, but for now I'm liking it. Runs so much smoother than 7. (Besides the lockups when closing the application.)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:30 pm
djrickmhaiti wrote :
Hi, I have tried with an SL1 box and I have a MOTU FW828 both have about the same sound...would need a tweak on the definition of the scratch sound with the latency .. it sounds like it's missing some of the audio in the forward backward motion .. it's nice to have access to all the commands in the option tab!!

Ive noticed this but couldnt explain it. Also it seems like when you do chops(if thats true terms) short foward burst the sound seems to intensify very harshly gives it a very unnatural feel..i think i said that right. But tightness is lovely....

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:50 pm
2%