Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 10

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

inDOKnito wrote :
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
UPDATE!: I submitted a ticket explaining the issues discussed here and the the dev team has responded asking for more details and examples of the problems we are facing. Angel I have sent them your videos and one of my own showing the problems so this looks like progress I guess

So you were luckier than me - all I got was cheap workarounds, telling me what I reported didn't happen (yep, I obviously report imaginary bugs...) and questioning why I would even want to do this or that... - well, because that's what I liked an grew accustomed to in 7.4.

just make a video to show the problem or bugs u are having in virtual dj 8 so they dont think u are making it up.I am making video and no answer yet from nobody i feel like they (VDJ team) are just ignoring me. a whole month now no answer It Sucks

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 7:09 am
I WENT throw the sam thing a couple of weeks ago i got a ticket and no answer so i call the support line and he told me he could not help me so why have a support line or team if they can not help u with there own product?

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 7:11 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The support team can only help to resolve issues with your setup. If you are getting a perfect timecode signal and still experiencing issues then there is not much more that support can do except pass your findings onto development.

That is the purpose of this forum and please be aware that the entire development team do watch this forum closely.

I'm sure nailing the remaining timecode issues are on their list!

As an aside you may wish to check your ticket as I can see it was responded to?

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 7:25 am
Scott you know I have much respect for you and what you do but this is not a system dependent problem. I to have the same problems when using vinyl timecodes. It's to the point where I won't even try using 8 with vinyl timecodes in a live setting. Many of these guys all are having the exact same issues and it's a wide range of laptops and soundcards.

This problem is NOT with our systems.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 8:40 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I think you have misunderstood me Huey - what I am saying that if the guys systems are working OK and there is nothing wrong with their timecode signal then there isn't much more the support guys can do other than forward findings to development :)

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 8:56 am
by the way ....
if we scratch, the gain level is much higher and louder as without scratching.
may because now the limiter is allways switched on.
But thats also a no go for for scratch lovers...

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 9:08 am
@Scott, your right I did misunderstand, lol! Sorry.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 9:12 am
The limiter has nothing to do with the timecode level. The limiter ONLY kicks in when the sound is too loud and would normally distort. I used VDJ with a Maya 44 USB, WIN 8.1 and timecode with CDJ800's for 4 days straight (large college event and another event). Not one issue at all. Rock solid. I am using the VDJ timecode CD's I made from the MP3 file of tne standard timecode and NOT the one lowered by a few db.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 10:28 am
djqwikcut wrote :
The limiter has nothing to do with the timecode level. The limiter ONLY kicks in when the sound is too loud and would normally distort. I used VDJ with a Maya 44 USB, WIN 8.1 and timecode with CDJ800's for 4 days straight (large college event and another event). Not one issue at all. Rock solid. I am using the VDJ timecode CD's I made from the MP3 file of tne standard timecode and NOT the one lowered by a few db.

Well we prefer using serato time codes, it works great in 7.4 so I expect the same level or more functionality with version 8. 2 people out of 20 facing problems is not enough to disregard the issue as a bug. Glad it works great for you. There is definitely a problem with time codes on VDJ8. I have tried every scenario and combination of settings and something isn't right. When I use scratch live I can feel the difference but I prefer VDJ

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 10:47 am
@Qickcut, You might wanna read the thread again............ We know timecodes with cdj's work and work well it's the vinyl side that's being a pain in the ass.

Try a record then come back and talk.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 10:48 am
So funny to read that there are still users who play with timecode cd, when the cd player got a usb plug in.
May we should split the discussion between Turntable- and CD Player users.

Louder Scratch level:
just make a test and start the program. drag a track and watch the gainlevel parameter. then try to scratch the track with the mouse and you will see how the gain parameter is moving up.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 5:32 pm
dj massi wrote :
So funny to read that there are still users who play with timecode cd, when the cd player got a usb plug in.

Who said that's not how were using them??

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 6:06 pm
dj massi wrote :

Louder Scratch level:
just make a test and start the program. drag a track and watch the gainlevel parameter. then try to scratch the track with the mouse and you will see how the gain parameter is moving up.

Are you assuming that every CDJ has a USB plugin for HID, what if I show up at a venue that doesn't have USBs what next?

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 7:54 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Bump...

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 12:23 am
I see this is posted on VDJ TIMECODE page but we have none of this for VDJ 8

Options

Once you have a 100% timecode detection, you can adjust a few options to tailor the timecode engine to your liking.

Adjust for 45 RPM: select this if you prefer to scratch with your turntable set at 45 RPM (all timecodes are usually 33 RPM discs by default).

Disable Pitch / Pitch sensibility / Smooth: By default, VirtualDJ will interpret the movements of the pitch slider on the turntable, and translate this in movement of the pitch applied by the software.
This let you use features such as KeyLock or automatic BeatSync.
But, because of the intrinsic nature of the timecode technology, the software cannot clearly tell a pitch change from a scratch, so this pitch changing detection cannot be instantaneous.
These options give you control over the pitch detection sensibility. Adjust to your liking.

ClearSound: ClearSound was a technology used in older versions of the VirtualDJ linear engine, to suppress an "underwater" effect that was inherent to these particular engines when used at low latencies. Since the problem is not present in the newer engines, ClearSound is off by default. But you can turn it on if you use an older engine or still hear this underwater distortion.

AntiSkip: AntiSkip is a technology that lets the software automatically compensate to ignore skips if the needle skips to a nearby groove while scratching too hard (or if your turntable is picking up too much vibrations). It is active by default.

LeadTime: LeadTime is the amount of "dead air" at the beginning of the timecode, to ensure that the start of your MP3 matches a position on your timecode disc that already has a strong and identifiable timecode stream.

And leadtime does not even work on vdj 8

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 1:27 am
I do miss these extra tweaks we had back in version 7, they saved lives... The options are pretty limited where VDJ8 is concerned... let's keep this thread alive guys, we need to keep shouting

Posted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 1:05 pm
OK i was using VDJ 8 today and i was just mixing not scratching playing EDM music and mixing the song in and did a back spin on the timecode record it just crash on me again had to restart my computer for it to start working again. S.O.S HELP please I cannot even practice anymore .what got me liking
VDJ 8 is the sound quality and some of it features and beside the beginning of the track problem the scratching is really good .when it is working (vdj 8) it make u feel like u are on a professional set having fun and its crashes on you it like when you are having sex and the girl got u so hot she leave u there flat .lol sucks. don't no what to do anymore since i play with VDJ 8 AND THEN go back to VDJ 7 its like dame this sucks.STILL have a lot of hope for VDJ 8 i hope these issue get solve very soon .DEVELOPMENT TEAM we need ya help i see a lot of people complaining about VDJ 8 in the forums .nothing good about the issue yet.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 1:03 am
I think there is no reason why it should not work perfectly in 8 eventually. I just hope the developers get to invest their time in working on it.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 2:01 am
I'am hoping they (DEVELOPMENT TEAM) but setup / calibration for timecode vinyl so u can set up evenly not like the problem i 'am having in the beginning of the tracks the setup calibration will help a lot for all of us and stop all the crashes we are having to. and it will be a solid SOFTWARE.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 5:19 am
angelt99 wrote :
I'am hoping they (DEVELOPMENT TEAM) but setup / calibration for timecode vinyl so u can set up evenly not like the problem i 'am having in the beginning of the tracks the setup calibration will help a lot for all of us and stop all the crashes we are having to. and it will be a solid SOFTWARE.

I second this, I also do not doubt that they will solve these issues it's just the waiting game that's frustrating... I can see they have their hands tied working on 1828 beta build, after that build which has a huge change log I reckon us time code users are next on the agenda. Fingers crossed

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 2:20 pm
21%