Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 8

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok when using timecodes with cdj's things are on point which is why I say everything is good cause that's what I normally use.

Well I've had the 1200's again and there is something weird going on when it comes to the vinyl side. This is definitely not DJDECKS.

The amount of lead in time is unuaslly long as well, I've tried changing it but it sucks not matter what number it's on.

The scratching is good and the sound is great this jumping when cueing is no good and the absolute, relative and smart modes don't work!!

I'll make some videos and send in so when can hopefully get these things fixed.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 11:47 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Ok when using timecodes with cdj's things are on point which is why I say everything is good cause that's what I normally use.

Well I've had the 1200's again and there is something weird going on when it comes to the vinyl side. This is definitely not DJDECKS.

The amount of lead in time is unuaslly long as well, I've tried changing it but it sucks not matter what number it's on.

The scratching is good and the sound is great this jumping when cueing is no good and the absolute, relative and smart modes don't work!!

I'll make some videos and send in so when can hopefully get these things fixed.

There are definitely bugs that need ironing out in the time code department, while scratching and sound quality has improved, the jumping and skipping of songs needs to get fixed. It sometimes jumps from 30 seconds in a song to 2 mins in. I'm pretty sure all my setting are correct. Hope devs see this post. For now I'll use the CDJs as a midi

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 11:57 am
I have given up on Time codes for the moment with VDJ 8, back to 7.4 where it works as it should despite having a laggy backspin. Pitch keeps going +3 or minus-3 and it's very difficult to keep music in sync without constantly bending (I know how to count beats by the way)

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 8:07 am
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
I have given up on Time codes for the moment with VDJ 8, back to 7.4 where it works as it should despite having a laggy backspin. Pitch keeps going +3 or minus-3 and it's very difficult to keep music in sync without constantly bending (I know how to count beats by the way)

How u. i know how u feel but i been testing it and i think it the serato vinyl because i but vdj 8 on virtual dj timecode and it works good except for the scratching no skipping i call vdj and they told me it a bug.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 11:49 am
angelt99 wrote :
How u. i know how u feel but i been testing it and i think it the serato vinyl because i but vdj 8 on virtual dj timecode and it works good except for the scratching no skipping i call vdj and they told me it a bug.

What exactly is a bug according to them?
I have VDJ vinyl and mainly it's promising, but behaves strangely, at least unlike VDJ vinyl in 7.4.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 1:57 pm

I have VDJ vinyl and mainly it's promising, but behaves strangely, at least unlike VDJ vinyl in 7.4.[/quote]

that the timecode skips in the beginning of the track when u try to scratch from there .it skips and the pitch jumps to when u try to scratch from the beginning. and sometime the right channel stop working i have to reset vdj to start working again.i'm using serato vinyl sound card Hercules rmx 2 with external mixer

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 5:23 pm
angelt99 wrote :

I have VDJ vinyl and mainly it's promising, but behaves strangely, at least unlike VDJ vinyl in 7.4.

that the timecode skips in the beginning of the track when u try to scratch from there .it skips and the pitch jumps to when u try to scratch from the beginning. and sometime the right channel stop working i have to reset vdj to start working again.i'm using serato vinyl sound card Hercules rmx 2 with external mixer [/quote]

I see you tried opening a new thread to give this issue more attention, nice work lol.... if we post here each day it will keep the topic on main page and if we shout loud enough someone will hear us. Hardly anyone uses time codes anymore which is why these issues are not being classed as priority

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 5:47 am
Can someone with VDJ vinyl (at best also with Win 7 64-Bit and Hercules 4&6) please test this for me:
Start a track at the beginning of the record, then put the needle way further, almost to the end of the timecode.
Does the speed increase? Because mine does hearably.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 5:16 am
inDOKnito wrote :
Can someone with VDJ vinyl (at best also with Win 7 64-Bit and Hercules 4&6) please test this for me:
Start a track at the beginning of the record, then put the needle way further, almost to the end of the timecode.

Yup mine does too, I stopped using time code on VDJ8 until certain issues are resolved

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 5:23 am
inDOKnito wrote :

Just tested with the latest build
Win7 64 bit & maya44 (vdj tcv) 1210's & shure447

Having the same issue but I also noticed that you don't have to put the needle way further..
If you just let the track play you have the same problem.. starts around 8.5 minutes of a track.
Checked the timecode settings & detection goes to low or even no position status.
Not sure if it has anything to do with it but under options/timecode I tried setting it to ABSOLUTE but each time i play a track it jumps back to absolute, smart mode

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 6:51 am
inDOKnito wrote :

i have the same problem to and in the beginning of the track try to hold the timecode vinyl and let it go very slowly the pitch jump to it disturbed the beginning of the track for 1 secound.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 8:13 am
@ angelT.. wich timecodes are you using to mess up the pitch at the end of the vinyl?
win or mac version?
Time to pinpoint this & fix it.. it's not just a small bug we are talking about
don't feel like buying serato vinyls just to test it.. only have old vdj ones

[Edited: Please do not use bad language in your forum posts]

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 9:42 am

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 10:03 am
This thread has been sent to the higher ups cause there's to many of us all have the exact same problems.

Let's hope this is fixed and fixed soon.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 10:04 am
dasouth2004 wrote :
@ angelT.. wich timecodes are you using to mess up the pitch at the end of the vinyl?
win or mac version?
Time to pinpoint this & fix it.. it's not just a small bug we are talking about
don't feel like buying serato vinyls just to test it.. only have old vdj ones

I am using a windows 8 i7 processor 8 gb of ram and graphic nvidia geforce 745m and

i am using serato timecode vinyl i alway use it even with vdj 7 in7 i did not have this problem.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 10:20 am
commented on your vid.. I have the same problem with the pitch jump with the vdj tcv & a maya44 so my guess is that it's 100% software related
the jumping or drifring i can't reproduce.. might be couse i use absolute mode & don't use cue's?

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 10:26 am
dasouth2004 wrote :
commented on your vid.. I have the same problem with the pitch jump with the vdj tcv & a maya44 so my guess is that it's 100% software related
the jumping or drifring i can't reproduce.. might be couse i use absolute mode & don't use cue's?

i am using relative i try absolute and smart mode and on those setting it worst .

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 10:32 am

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 11:45 am
I'm sure we have the attention of the higher ups by now

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 12:57 pm

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 2:09 pm
17%