Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 7

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

with this setting ..i can see both timecode signal clearly but i can only hear the left deck

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:06 pm
djrickmhaiti wrote :
using SL1 Rane CDJ 1000 Virtual/Serato timecode... they sounds fine and are precise except that when i cue on the CDJs after 30 seconds of scratching the sample will not be on point to the CDJ marker it will be decreasing counterclockwise!
I don't remember it doing that before!

I experimented with it again to find out it was with the "SCRATCH" video in sampler FX native in VDJ8 that did that to me and all my other scratch mp3 samples and music stayed true to the marker. couple of hiccups for instance I loaded a video and started scratching to see if it was going to change with the marker and suddenly it skipped to another section in the music..
getting better and better each updates!!

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:11 pm
mini reaper wrote :
with this setting ..i can see both timecode signal clearly but i can only hear the left deck

your timecode channels must be the same as the channel that you send the timecode in ex : if you send the left deck to channel 1 than your timecode channel will also be 1. channel 2 = 2 ....it needs to receive the timecode signal make sure that both timecode in the config receive a proper signal.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:16 pm
Like this,

deck1 TKZ2 ch1/2
deck2 TKZ2 ch3/4
timecode1 TKZ2 ch1/2
timecode2 TKZ2 ch3/4

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:18 pm
no luck still bud..im thinking it has something to do with the z2 ..everything is going through 1 channel no matter how i change the settings. and the only way i can get to read both timecode signals is to change one of them to 5 &6 . but then again both sounds come out as one channel

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 10:18 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
My Audio 6 uses channels 3&4 and 5&6. Input/output matching for each one. Output 1&2 are used with my CDJ400 on midi, not timecode.

Maybe setting yours like this will work.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:12 pm
mini reaper

What's going on my brother long time the problem that you are having I think is that the
TKZ2 ch1/2 and ch3/4 should have a ASIO symbol by it.

deck1 TKZ2 ch1/2 (ASIO symbol)
deck2 TKZ2 ch3/4 (ASIO symbol)
timecode1 TKZ2 ch1/2
timecode2 TKZ2 ch3/4

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:54 pm
Charlie Wilson wrote :
I am glad you enjoyed the video :)

Here is a better one

yeah Charlie! Go,go,go!!!!..he,he...no seriously.hella cool buddy. hey consider recording the output and syncing it with the video on an editor (I use the AVS4you pack) for better sound...but wait a minute who is this?

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:32 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
beatbreaker1 wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :
Mac mid 2012, i5, 4gb Mavericks..

Using a maya 44..
The timecode is super laggy.. Embarrassingly laggy.. I can move the record and it responds 3 seconds later.

I also have an sl1 but I think this is not compatible with vdj 8 on the Mac side...

Restart your Mac, samething happens with my SL3 and DJM T1............

Shouldn't have to restart.. Should be working anytime I start up the software... I thought you said the timecodes were all good..

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 1:02 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
apopsis wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :

Basically the volume is too low which makes vd8 timecodes super laggy.

Yes this input signal is very low and you can't expect running timecodes this way.

Tell us more about your soundcard, input settings (check phono / line switch / levels), what timecodes are you using ?
Cd or Vinyl ? If you are using vinyl, what turntables / needles ?

Mac mid 2012, i5, 4gb Mavericks..

Using a maya 44.. serato vinyl with techincs 1200's

But like it is the lack of gain controls in vdj because I switch between vdj 7 and vdj8 with vdj giving a much better performance and vdj 7 sounding normal.

BTW - is there a recommended soundcard for timecodes - I will be probably be upgrading to an sl2 or sl3..

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 1:12 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Ok what happens when you use "relative" mode??

"Smart" used to be named "Smart relative" and that's what it was. I don't want to waive needle drop.
beatbreaker1 wrote :
From my understanding everything you say is supposed to work like that in "smart" mode because it tracks the position of the timecode where as in "relative" it DOES NOT track the position of the timecode which sounds to me is the way you want it to work.

I want it to behave just as it did before in Smart relative.
beatbreaker1 wrote :
The only thing that isn't working was or is that the track stops but even still aren't you moving the needle back to the beginning?? Or are you playing tracks that are longer then 15minutes??

What would I do that for? It's not a real vinyl and scratching on the outer groove is risky from my experience. Also I want the vinyl to wear evenly, why only use the first third over and over again?
Of course I can work around every of those issues (except the weird track loading which I need to restart VDJ for). I don't play tracks that long, but I want the security I had before and since I can't turn tc off and on and change the needle position without skipping and/or having significant speed changes, I would be stuck with tc off to the end of the track which is not what I have a tc setup for.
Also those errors turn up unpredictably, so obviously it's not meant to be, but an effing bug that needs to be fixed. Period.

Long story short:
I wish tc would just be as in 7.4 - but with the smooth touch of 8 I really love.
I wonder if any beta-testers tried timecode before the pre-release - but I cannot imagine the did.

Again, I don't want to nag, I just think it's not the way it's supposed to be - YET.
AND I'm not badmouthing the new version, I like to help and I will gladly do anything on my part to solve this. Also I wouldn't mind beta-testing mysyelf!

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 1:50 am
Amen i feel the same way but still waiting for a responds we need to control the timecode set up i posted a pic up and u look at vdj 8 for timecode set up it look like they did not care about us timecode user they just but it there.in vdj 7 u had control of timecode set up we need it back with vdj 8 touch.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 4:59 am
Please don't quote the entire post that is directly above yours. - i have edited :-)

Thanks.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 5:00 am
thetracker510 wrote :
Charlie Wilson wrote :
I am glad you enjoyed the video :)

Here is a better one

yeah Charlie! Go,go,go!!!!..he,he...no seriously.hella cool buddy. hey consider recording the output and syncing it with the video on an editor (I use the AVS4you pack) for better sound...but wait a minute who is this?

Hey, Thanks, I will make a better video once I have the skin done and more features added, I need to get some (beg borrow) more cameras and do it properly, it was just a quick demo.

back on topic, I'm using a NI audio 8 with Serato vinyl's and it works like a charm even at the lowest latency settings. Even though the Audio 8 has input gain I liked the input gain controls of VDJ7 to tweek the gain even further but its something that I could live without.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 6:40 pm
audio000 wrote :
mini reaper

What's going on my brother long time the problem that you are having I think is that the
TKZ2 ch1/2 and ch3/4 should have a ASIO symbol by it.

deck1 TKZ2 ch1/2 (ASIO symbol)
deck2 TKZ2 ch3/4 (ASIO symbol)

AUDIO000000!!! wassup fam...lol i can't seem to see anything with the asio sign. the only thing that it has is built input..built in output . and tractor z2 (without the asio) .. i finally got both time codes to work but man i think i have to MIDI MAP EVERYTHING on the z2 first ...i just did the crossfader and it worked..somewhat

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 7:21 pm
I have now done a couple of gigs with timecode using a maya 44 usb and CDJ800s and its flawless. Im on a windows 8.1 machine. This actually runs better the 7.4 ....Just be sure to adjust the levels in the actual MAYA 44 ASIO drivers and you will be fine. I didn't have to adjust much at all.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 10:45 pm
VDJ 8 really needs a timecode debug setting like VDJ 7.... options too few to get it accurate

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 11:32 pm
ok i think i got the timecode set right with the scratching i'm using hercules rmx 2 with serato timecode vinyl i just did a gig work great and i try the same setting with american audio 10mxr mixer the only problem i am having is in the beginning of the track when i beat juggle back and forward sometime it does not catch the beginning or it jump to the beginning to fast but thats it. I'am able to scratch good do the crad scratch any type of scratch.here are my setting. and all so set the weight of the tone arm on your turntables To. that help me alot or adjust to the right set so virtual dj 8 can read it right .

and set the pitch quality to -1 and the max preload length to -1 it work great for me. HOPE i help somebody.

let me know. and remember before u but the timecode on let the turntables run with the needle on the timecode so virtual dj 8 can config it for u it said so in the manual.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 12:24 am
Ok sorted out the erratic bpm and pitch by lowering the latency on the soundcard but i'm still experiencing random skips and jumps during playback, some songs skips forward or backward... any ideas why?

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 9:29 am
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
Ok sorted out the erratic bpm and pitch by lowering the latency on the soundcard but i'm still experiencing random skips and jumps during playback, some songs skips forward or backward... any ideas why?

yeah i am having the same problem when i figure it at i will let u know .if u get it before me let me know

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 10:42 am
15%