Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

xgl_dj wrote :
Mac mid 2012, i5, 4gb Mavericks..

Using a maya 44..
The timecode is super laggy.. Embarrassingly laggy.. I can move the record and it responds 3 seconds later.

I also have an sl1 but I think this is not compatible with vdj 8 on the Mac side...

Restart your Mac, samething happens with my SL3 and DJM T1............

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:14 am
angelt99 wrote :
anybody know how to adjust the lead time so when u scratch from the beginning of the track the timecode, ensure that the start of your MP3 matches a position on your timecode from the start. In vdj 8 don't know how to do it .HELP

Try looking in the config menu under "timecode", then set it to a number like "2.0000". If that's not where you like it keep changing that number.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:16 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
angelt99 wrote :
anybody know how to adjust the lead time

Lead In time option is now in options.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:27 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
xgl_dj wrote :

Basically the volume is too low which makes vd8 timecodes super laggy.

Yes this input signal is very low and you can't expect running timecodes this way.

Tell us more about your soundcard, input settings (check phono / line switch / levels), what timecodes are you using ?
Cd or Vinyl ? If you are using vinyl, what turntables / needles ?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:31 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
angelt99 wrote :
anybody know how to adjust the lead time so when u scratch from the beginning of the track the timecode, ensure that the start of your MP3 matches a position on your timecode from the start. In vdj 8 don't know how to do it .HELP

Try looking in the config menu under "timecode", then set it to a number like "2.0000". If that's not where you like it keep changing that number.

ok thanks i will try it

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:38 am
apopsis

How u doing do u think they can put some setting like the way it was in vdj 7 for timecode i posted some pic in page 5

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:41 am
apopsis wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :

Basically the volume is too low which makes vd8 timecodes super laggy.

Yes this input signal is very low and you can't expect running timecodes this way.

Tell us more about your soundcard, input settings (check phono / line switch / levels), what timecodes are you using ?
Cd or Vinyl ? If you are using vinyl, what turntables / needles ?

i have the same problem when i hook up my HERCULES RMX 2 with timecode but in my it to loud there are no setting to put it lower on timecode.need help with this also

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:47 am
using SL1 Rane CDJ 1000 Virtual/Serato timecode... they sounds fine and are precise except that when i cue on the CDJs after 30 seconds of scratching the sample will not be on point to the CDJ marker it will be decreasing counterclockwise!
I don't remember it doing that before!

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 8:31 am
OK... I am really sorry for nagging, but seeing that v.8 is released to public, i must say that VDJ 8 timecode is everything but release ready!

In principle VDJ 8 timecode works really tightly, yes - I love how responsive the new GUI is and I love the sound.
Also thank you for already fixing the auto-select, that's how I like it. But:
Am I alone in wanting the new tc to behave as I am used to from the former versions?

Since most of my input remains ignor... - unnoticed:
Dear Atomix employees, this is a list of remaining bugs/differences from former tc I noticed and I very, very kindly ask you to check thoroughly and answer to in detail:
1) The bug I posted in this thread Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:03 pm (track loaded weirdly)
2) When loading the first file, it mostly (not always!) starts somewhere in the track (probaply depending on the needle's position)
3) When loading the first track, it always has a wrong pitch
4) When turning tc off and on again, the track always skips
5) When turning tc off, then changing the needle position and turning tc on again, the track skips and/or the speed changes
6) When scratching, the track sometimes skips back and forth between 2-3 seemingly fixed positions
7) When the VDJ vinyl tc runs out, the track stops (according to dj-in-norway this should be fixed in the latest update - I have 8.0.1785 (judging from changelog.txt) which is currently the downloadable version, but maybe he was talking about the next one to come)

I'd love to be proven an idiot and learn that all my problems come from faulty settings, so - here is my tc window ;)

Also, please see my settings.xml at http://indoknito.de/settings.zip

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 4:38 pm

i agreed i bin trying to tell them that we need some type of control to set timecode right put they have not responed yet

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 4:51 pm
Ok what happens when you use "relative" mode??

From my understanding everything you say is supposed to work like that in "smart" mode because it tracks the position of the timecode where as in "relative" it DOES NOT track the position of the timecode which sounds to me is the way you want it to work.

The only thing that isn't working was or is that the track stops but even still aren't you moving the needle back to the beginning?? Or are you playing tracks that are longer then 15minutes??

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:19 pm
This guy doesn't have a problem.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:49 pm
Charlie Wilson

sorry bro but that video sounded like s*** tell the guy to take off the loop I'm sure there is a better video out there but that one sucks

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:04 pm
hello dear TIMECODE GURUS!!! lool i am still struggling to use the tractor z2 with time codes i have already created a quadraphonic sound card and made sure that it is the same bit rate /sample rate etc. but once i plus in the correct input information in vdj8 . the closest thing i can get is 1 timecode working and the other is silent. and all the sounds come out of 1 channel ..its not separated. is it because i have a z2 ?? thank you in advance

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:13 pm
Charlie Wilson wrote :
This guy doesn't have a problem.

he not using timecode he is using the mouse come on.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:14 pm
mini reaper wrote :
hello dear TIMECODE GURUS!!! lool i am still struggling to use the tractor z2 with time codes i have already created a quadraphonic sound card and made sure that it is the same bit rate /sample rate etc. but once i plus in the correct input information in vdj8 . the closest thing i can get is 1 timecode working and the other is silent. and all the sounds come out of 1 channel ..its not separated. is it because i have a z2 ?? thank you in advance

Picture of the sound setup screen with it setup how you think it should be. Id imagine its probably like the DJM T1 which I have so Ill compare the 2.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:34 pm
this is the most i have been able to get it ..

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:55 pm
still messing around with the audio setup ...btw how many aggregate device do i need to create ?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:57 pm
Why are you creating aggregate devices?? it should just be

deck1 TKZ2 ch1/2
deck2 TKZ2 ch3/4
timecode1 TKZ2 ch1/2
timecode2 TKZ2 ch3/4
So delete the aggregate devices and try it my way. Then post back and let me know what happens.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:24 pm
I am glad you enjoyed the video :)

Here is a better one

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:25 pm
12%