Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 43

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Videos videos!!! Let's see timecode in action. This is making me get turntables.

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 6:36 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Again thanks very much ATOMIX specialy the dew for you hard work on the timecode ,congratulations all of you dev!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 8:07 pm
this is from Rakkas

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 8:26 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Aw ye ye yeah!

Ok so it looks/sounds sweet but lets get technical, how do the TC discs compare, is there any noticeable difference? Obviously all things being equal you'd use VDJ TC discs, because why would you want to give money to another company.

I'm seriously looking at changing some £ into $ to avoid an extra $80 tax,

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 9:05 pm
locodog wrote :
Aw ye ye yeah!

Ok so it looks/sounds sweet but lets get technical, how do the TC discs compare, is there any noticeable difference? Obviously all things being equal you'd use VDJ TC discs, because why would you want to give money to another company.

I'm seriously looking at changing some £ into $ to avoid an extra $80 tax,

One big question what do you use controller o timecode.

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 11:50 pm
It will be timecode vinyl with a homemade HID controller and a analogue battle mixer.
But I am also flirting with the idea of an optical encoder wheel/pick up to place on to TT just to give me something to experiment with,

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 12:11 am
locodog wrote :
It will be timecode vinyl with a homemade controller and a analogue battle mixer.

Ooooooooh thats very smart!!!!!!!!

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 12:17 am
dj lylianPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
yes very good job in the development team, I look forward to testing it

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 3:08 am
Hey you guys killing it right now, I need to do a video ASAP. Got a question though... is it now safe to use skinfps set to 30? are there still heat issues when set to 30fps

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 7:21 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks guys. Lookin good! Keep 'em coming!

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 7:31 am
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
Hey you guys killing it right now, I need to do a video ASAP. Got a question though... is it now safe to use skinfps set to 30? are there still heat issues when set to 30fps

Yeah i set mine to be on the safe side to 20fps.no issue so far.

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 7:41 am
20FPS is playing it very safe, try 26FPS then waves should appear fluid.

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 8:16 am
angelt99 wrote :

Now as DJs see Vdj V8 is seen in this light and it will start to attract turntable users, and also the battle style competitive dj. There will start to be a demand for vdj timecode and for us flamboyant s**t talker will want custom ones...to stunt on them serato traktor fan boys. Get ready to press them

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 10:38 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think you guys are forgetting there are (3) timecode modes - so I won't go as far as calling "timecodes" great yet.

Relative mode = Tight.
Absolute mode = still needs tweaking.
Smart mode = pending further testing..

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 1:22 pm
xgl_dj wrote :
I think you guys are forgetting there are (3) timecode modes - so I won't go as far as calling "timecodes" great yet.

Relative mode = Tight.

Explain a bit further so the DEVS can solve it, I only use Absolute mode and it is pretty good as far as CDJs go

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 1:31 pm
I like you xgl_dj, critical thinking even when there's been a success, what are you seeing that makes you think Absolute needs a bit more love?

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 1:35 pm
xgl_dj wrote :

Relative mode = Tight.

so that tell u stay away form those mode i use relative and it great for me look at the video i posted and that was only testing it i will do more video on how i can do tricks now to with this timecode engine .

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 4:44 pm
Hold on there angelt99, all credit to you, (nice vids, god awful strutting :-)!! ) but don't get blind sided, let's get it all 100% nailed, we're not talking mickey mouse automix , or mild tagging annoyances, TC is the shit.
The best TC engine & the best scripting options (also the most adaptable for home, karaoke, wedding dj's, Not that TC users care) then the software pecking order gets rearranged considerably.

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 5:28 pm
locodog wrote :
Hold on there angelt99, all credit to you, (nice vids, god awful strutting :-)!! ) but don't get blind sided, let's get it all 100% nailed, we're not talking mickey mouse automix , or mild tagging annoyances, TC is the shit.
The best TC engine & the best scripting options (also the most adaptable for home, karaoke, wedding dj's, Not that TC users care) then the software pecking order gets rearranged considerably.

True u are right let get it to be 100%.

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 5:48 pm
89%