Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 42

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Well just got home and uninstalled the newest update and went back to 1949 and guess what...........everything is back to normal. I can run my usual setup which consist of 2 Denon 5500's with the VDJ consumer timecode on they're internal drives, a Pioneer DJM T1 or a Pioneer DJM 800 both running midi, a RANE SL3 set at 5ms, a Pioneer DDJ SP1, 2 USB Cameras, a ZOOM modem for my text 2 screen, a 1tb external drive full of MP4's as well as the internal drive, a My CINQ USB screen set 1280x720, a Epson projector set 1280x720 (total of 3 screens including my laptops screen)

Now I have running VDJ 8, Essentail Media, Essentail Visuals and Bandicam to record everything coming out of the projector and my CPU never goes above 60% and that's on load!!

I don't know what is wrong with the newest update but it did not jive with my machine. I'll stick with 1949 until I forced to update because the drift isn't that bad and the pitch is good.

Now flame me if you must but I know my machine and I know what is on it. I now know for a fact that it was this newest update that drove my CPU crazy.

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 7:49 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I found no problems with pitch delay with vdj.

Moving the pitch on the turntables and the audio in vdj corresponds according - no delay. The pitch slider on the software should not be an issue, especially if it does not effect the performance of the audio. If the audio was lagging, I could understand, but it is not, at least for me.

I tested vdj and serato - the pitch behaves the same way - exactly the same.

Move the pitch slider on the turntable from +8 / -8 within serato - visual change is the same as within vdj - a (3-4) seconds before the BPM catches up.

I had no huge cpu jump with the new update either - but I am using a mac.

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 12:16 am
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
xgl_dj wrote :
I found no problems with pitch delay with vdj.

Moving the pitch on the turntables and the audio in vdj corresponds according - no delay. The pitch slider on the software should not be an issue, especially if it does not effect the performance of the audio. If the audio was lagging, I could understand, but it is not, at least for me.

I tested vdj and serato - the pitch behaves the same way - exactly the same.

Move the pitch slider on the turntable from +8 / -8 within serato - visual change is the same as within vdj - a (3-4) seconds before the BPM catches up.

I had no huge cpu jump with the new update either - but I am using a mac.

+10000 good Job atomix!!!!!!!!

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 1:11 am
In the new b1960, you now have 3 settings for the timecode visual pitch slider.

The recommended values are:
timecodePitchSensitivity: 3%
timecodePitchSpeed: 10%
timecodePitchDelay: 0.5 seconds

but if you like to see your pitch more reactive on the skin, you can change timecodePitchDelay to something smaller, probably 0.1 seconds.
(of course, this means that the rhythm on the skin would also move when you stop to scratch or if you pitch-bend)

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 4:44 am
Used build 1959 last night at a gig and it worked beautifully. Did notice I had to keep bending the pitch to stay in sync but could just be me adapting to the new engine :-)

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 8:04 am
That's exactly what I said earlier, I had to ride the pitch all night.........

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 8:17 am
Ok this pitch slider thing I've notice with a real slow response the audio speed is on point, I think you guys are depending on that visual to much. Even turntable wow and flutter will fluctuate that reading. The only way for those numbers .00 behind the decimal point not to fluctuate is to only use whole numbers. Even some cd players create a slight change in these numbers. So what these pitch setting do is delay what u see and not what you hear. So I think you guys would prefer an option on if or how many digits after the decimal. Then you can let the response be true and natural

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 8:29 am
So what's the point in having having it if it's not "true"?? This should be treated the same as an led on a controller. You wouldn't wanna wait for a button to light up after you've turned it on would you??

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 8:38 am
That is what I'm saying are you not reading. I myself choose not to have a delay at all and gives me a true reading, and since I understand wow and flutter I understand why the numbers in the hundredths jump like they do. And if your pitch is jumping a complete whole number its time to service your 1200s. The jumping hundredths are a true reading because of wow and flutter.

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 8:47 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
That is what I'm saying are you not reading. I myself choose not to have a delay at all and gives me a true reading, and since I understand wow and flutter I understand why the numbers in the hundredths jump like they do. And if your pitch is jumping a complete whole number its time to service your 1200s. The jumping hundredths are a true reading because of wow and flutter.

That's why I don't use the default skin, I prefer if there is only 1 digit after the decimal, the fluctuation isn't visible. Mix by ear not by sight

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 8:54 am
the pitch delay is gone now thank u dev team any 1 with problem on the timecodepitch delay set it to 0.000000 and that way is good

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 12:36 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You guys need to step your game way up - if the pitch display on the software was giving you problems...seriously

Especially - if now you can "mix better" with this new update - when it was only a visual artifact on the screen..

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 12:49 pm
xgl_dj wrote :
You guys need to step your game way up - if the pitch display on the software was giving you problems...seriously

Especially - if now you can "mix better" with this new update - when it was only a visual artifact on the screen..

True story with this update and set it to 0.000000 if this does not do it for u u have a problem.

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 1:00 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
So is that it?, Is that timecode all correct?

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 1:03 pm
I hope so now all we need is post fader effects so I don't have to keep bugging locodog and jmf wit crazy mapping to imitate it...and driving them to drink

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 1:17 pm
So far so good with time code vinyl I am very Happy with the results so far it is working very well right now thank to the Dev team for listening to us time code user. And post fader effect will be nice to .

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 1:27 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Really? I needn't need any tightening? How does it behave when scribbling?

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 2:24 pm
locodog wrote :
Really? I needn't need any tightening? How does it behave when scribbling?

Everything is tight I will do some video, s to show how tight it is .u can do tricks now to.

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 2:30 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Tbh I can't say much, I'm glued to my tables and that's it. I LOVE IT! so eager to see the bigger reactions from the dj scene at BPM , outstanding job Atomix, hats off to you :D

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 3:57 pm
The time code is spot on so far, you guys done a good job, the CDJs are responding well to it. Congrats!!

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 5:00 pm
87%