Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 38

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
angelt99 wrote :

yes i am having the same problem in absolute mode.

We can not reproduce any drift in absolute or smart mode.
However i can think of some other possible reasons that can change the sticker position - not really a drift.

Are you scratching on the first beat and too close to the beginning of the control record ?
Try to a later position like in the middle of the record and song and let me know if you have the same 'drift'

Are you using hot cues when you scratch ?
Then try also in Smart mode and let me know.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 7:23 pm
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
Would be nice if we could get this time code right so I can play at the BPM show in the UK on Saturday and rep VDJ

I will be there. It will be nice to meet you if you attend.
It is already good and as you reported already there is no issue when you use timecode cd's
TCCD do not skip like the vinyl do, so the software has not to re-sync.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 7:30 pm
xgl_dj wrote :
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :

Maybe that's not the direction the team is headed, maybe they don't want to be like their competitors. I'm sure they considered these already... i'm cool with whatever as long as it works properly. What you are suggesting is for them to undo all they have done in past few days, because essentially that's how it worked initially

Read the previous page - I was asked about drift in the other modes and I gave my opinion. I found none of the 3 modes work 100%. I said the word "suggestion" - in my posts a few times - cannot dictate to the devs what to do. I can only offer my point of view.
We finally have an ear in the forum - so I rather state my perspectives than just be "cool with whatever". I want the software to work as much as you and the devs..

But some things should be standard across the board.
Example - you press a cue point in most DVS - you go to the cue point.
You press stop - you stop..
You're in absolute mode - it should work like real vinyl.

I think the problem the vinyl guys haves is that they want the traditional absolute and relative mode. An absolute mode that doesn't allow cue points and sync to be made from within the software. Personally I'm happy with this new implementation, it makes it different from the competition but people who mainly use vinyl and not CDJs will find it annoying so I'm on the fence as I can adapt to whatever. I just want everyone to be happy with what they are using. So if everyone agrees to implement a Serato style time code that's what I'll go with also, but do remember this is VDJ not Serato. Maybe they would like to set a standard and not follow a standard

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 8:26 pm
Is it just me or when changing the pitch on the turntable the software is slow to pick it up??

And when I say slow I mean there's about 5/7 second delay from the time I move the pitch fader tell the software actully catches up to where I moved it. I can actully sit here move my fader to where I want, take my finger off the fader and watch the on screen fader move till it's where I need it to be!!

And I'm not talking about a +/- 10 bpm, I'm only moving it 2 or 3 BPM's up or down.

No one else sees this??

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 8:37 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Is it just me or when changing the pitch on the turntable the software is slow to pick it up??

And when I say slow I mean there's about 5/7 second delay from the time I move the pitch fader tell the software actully catches up to where I moved it. I can actully sit here move my fader to where I want, take my finger off the fader and watch the on screen fader move till it's where I need it to be!!

And I'm not talking about a +/- 10 bpm, I'm only moving it 2 or 3 BPM's up or down.

No one else sees this??

yes i am having the same problem the pitch on the software is to slow to catch up with the turntables pitch.can we just turn off the pitch on the software and just use the pitch on the turntables?

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 8:43 pm

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 8:44 pm
Something has changed with the pitch and not for the better.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 8:45 pm
Since the eyes are put to us guys in timecode i have a question about VDJ timecode. Me, myself i dont want to use serato timecode, if i wanted serato i would have bought serato. I dont want anything from the competiton on my rig, so people will be like "well you still pushing serato cause thats what we see on your turntables" My question is, is it legal for me to take the VDJ timecode and press my own custom vinyls. Please can i get this one answer. Ive been asking for a while...cause im tired of saying my car is faster than yours but im borrowing their engine..i wanna crush serato and traktor user with them red labels spinning on my decks....this is the element timecode djs bring. Most of us are competitive.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 9:03 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :

No one else sees this??

I did notice this too but DEVS told me it was just a visual limitation, the pitch is moving faster than what is displayed. It helps if you reduce your latency and running at skinfps=30

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 9:16 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Since the eyes are put to us guys in timecode i have a question about VDJ timecode. Me, myself i dont want to use serato timecode, if i wanted serato i would have bought serato. I dont want anything from the competiton on my rig, so people will be like "well you still pushing serato cause thats what we see on your turntables" My question is, is it legal for me to take the VDJ timecode and press my own custom vinyls. Please can i get this one answer. Ive been asking for a while...cause im tired of saying my car is faster than yours but im borrowing their engine..i wanna crush serato and traktor user with them red labels spinning on my decks....this is the element timecode djs bring. Most of us are competitive.

if they do not do it get custom labels
to hide the serato labels.because i do not think the vdj is going to start making and pressing new timecode vinyl.but it will be nice.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 9:24 pm
Haha, the latency for my SL3 is at 7ms and my skin fps is at 20........ Not buying what they told you cause it was the first thing I noticed when 8 came out, it was super fast and responsive and now all of a sudden it's back to acting like VDJ6 and VDJ7........

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 9:32 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Haha, the latency for my SL3 is at 7ms and my skin fps is at 20........ Not buying what they told you cause it was the first thing I noticed when 8 came out, it was super fast and responsive and now all of a sudden it's back to acting like VDJ6 and VDJ7........

Yes i agree

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 9:36 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :

Hey I agree with you man, I also find the pitch slow in responding, can you do a video to compare it to earlier builds. You might want to bring it up in the regression bug section. I use Traktor sometimes and even they have a problem with pitch but VDJ had it right but now it seems to be so slow

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 10:52 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
apopsis wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :

I personally don't use sync when using TT nor do I adjust the pitch in the software - I use the TT pitch.

Then it is fine, i don't see any problem here. If you don't use the software sync / loops and cues it is pure absolute mode.

You started a debate with 2 pages of quotes that really doesn't help at this point and only can shift the focus away from the remaining issues we want to look at.

Your reported issue was "drifting" when in relative mode, so let's focus on it.
The good news is, i was able to reproduce this and i will send all the needed info to the dev team.
Thank you for your input.

Oops - My bad - I did not see this..

You're right - I'll shut up with the debating and focus on the bugs - yes drifting in relative mode is my main concern.

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 12:25 am
Ok so it's a new so I thought I'd get on the decks before I left for work and check out the pitch issue. I wanted to be sure it wasn't my eyes playing tricks on me.

Well there is definetly a problem with the pitch and it being delayed. This isn't a skin thing because it was fast and responsive just a few updates backs. The way it is now is no good. I can move up or down a couple of BPM's and then sit back and watch the numbers catch up!! This is exactly how VDJ 6 and 7 worked and it wasn't good....

I will try to get a video made tonight.

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 7:16 am
2 remaining bugs...

Pitch slow to respond when controlling from TT (Very annoying)

Drifting still in relative mode

THANK YOU

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 7:21 am
they are trying to suppliment for the wow and flutter, this is how v7 and before reacted when you set pitch sensitivity and check delayed. To the DEVs wow and flutter will happen on all turntables and will vary, so you will not be able to compensate for everyones wow and flutter. So if you can not leave that setting to the user, you will have to set it low and undelayed.

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 7:29 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :

No one else sees this??

+1 - I have noticed that since the first version of V8. It's pretty annoying especially when you need to change BPM's quickly.

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 7:50 am
Relative mode drift

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 8:07 am
Guys, we don't need any video for issues that are reported unless we ask for more informations.

@angelt99, waiting for your feedback in my 2 questions, see above.
Instead you sent me videos about "How to create stickers on vinyl"
A screenshot showing the timecode signal would be more useful.

@Huey, you don't need to repeat yourself.
Of course there is a reason about the pitch slider response speed change and this is the stability of the BPM display that some other users asked for. It is a balance between the two, you can't have both.
I will check with the dev team if we can fine tuning this more.

Please keep this topic clean as possible.

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 9:16 am
79%