Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 39

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

apopsis wrote :
Guys, we don't need any video for issues that are reported unless we ask for more informations.

@angelt99, waiting for your feedback in my 2 questions, see above.
Instead you sent me videos about "How to create stickers on vinyl"
A screenshot showing the timecode signal would be more useful.

@Huey, you don't need to repeat yourself.
Of course there is a reason about the pitch slider response speed change and this is the stability of the BPM display that some other users asked for. It is a balance between the two, you can't have both.
I will check with the dev team if we can fine tuning this more.

Please keep this topic clean as possible.

Ok when I am on absolute mode and I do a fast back spin it either skips on me or just stop on me this happen in the beginning and in the middle or at the end of a song.same thing goes for smart mode to.and I try it both way with timecodeantiskip on or off same things happen. On relative mode and I do a fast back spin it just loses it marker and it drift off from the marker but if I do a soft back spin it stay on the marker from a certain point like if I do not go to far from the marker it stay on point but if I let it play and try to bring it back to the marker it drift off.and how can I gave u the timecode single?

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 11:49 am
hi, would firstly like to thank the dev team for looking into the timecode problems us timecode users are having, thank you. timecode is getting better, but still not 100% yet. the speed is still flutuating up and down and the bpm is changing. have been reading the forums and have tried the settings that you have suggested. many thanks.

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 1:32 pm
kevindiskin2 wrote :
hi, would firstly like to thank the dev team for looking into the timecode problems us timecode users are having, thank you. timecode is getting better, but still not 100% yet. the speed is still flutuating up and down and the bpm is changing. have been reading the forums and have tried the settings that you have suggested. many thanks.

Would be better if you post a screenshot of your time code signal

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 1:54 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
Relative mode drift

[youtube video]

This video is useful, thank you.

Can you replicate the same drift when using the VirtualDJ timecode and Relative mode ?
(+ cdj / recordbox)

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 3:04 pm
apopsis wrote :
Relative mode drift

[youtube video]

Can you replicate the same drift when using the VirtualDJ timecode and Relative mode ?
(+ cdj / recordbox)

Thank you, just to let you know. It also drifts with VDJ time code in relative mode using the same method, rapid movement increases the sticker drift distance

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 9:23 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Since the eyes are put to us guys in timecode i have a question about VDJ timecode. Me, myself i dont want to use serato timecode, if i wanted serato i would have bought serato. I dont want anything from the competiton on my rig, so people will be like "well you still pushing serato cause thats what we see on your turntables" My question is, is it legal for me to take the VDJ timecode and press my own custom vinyls. Please can i get this one answer. Ive been asking for a while...cause im tired of saying my car is faster than yours but im borrowing their engine..i wanna crush serato and traktor user with them red labels spinning on my decks....this is the element timecode djs bring. Most of us are competitive.

Yes, we made the VDJ timecode signal available to download for free on this website so users can burn their own CDs, so that also include pressing your own vinyls if you want to.
Legally you are totally free to do that.

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 1:33 pm
apopsis wrote :
Relative mode drift

[youtube video]

(+ cdj / recordbox)

Thank you, just to let you know. It also drifts with VDJ time code in relative mode using the same method, rapid movement increases the sticker drift distance

ok, problem found and fixed for next build.
Actually, it was a problem that would happen only on CDs.
On vinyl, the drift in relative shouldn't be so easy to replicate. Still, in the current build it is possible to get a small drift if you do fast large backspins.
This is fixed for the next build too.

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 1:41 pm
And the delayed pitch??

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 2:09 pm
Yes we need the pitch delay fix please can not mix with out it being fix .

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 2:22 pm
delayed pitch still working on it, but will get fixed soon.
Just wanted to give a heads up that the drifting has been fixed already ;)

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 3:38 pm
Thank you!! That's great news!

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 3:50 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Money is screaming to leave my wallet, You TC testers (users) better hammer it, if I find fault I'll come looking for you.

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 5:39 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sclavel wrote :

ok, problem found and fixed for next build.
Actually, it was a problem that would happen only on CDs.
On vinyl, the drift in relative shouldn't be so easy to replicate. Still, in the current build it is possible to get a small drift if you do fast large backspins.
This is fixed for the next build too.

Fixed is inconclusive until the users test. :)

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 7:26 pm
Remaining issues from my watch after testing in smart mode:
- Track stops to play at the end of the TCV
- some vast skipping, especially when moving the record (even slowly)
- track skips when turning on timecode (e.g. after cleaning the needle)

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 12:22 am
No updates for a while now, next beta update looks like it's going to be a good one. Fingers crossed

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 7:34 am

Bold Statement

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 1:17 pm
The last issue for me is the pitch delay........

Honestly if that is still delayed like v6 & 7 I'm probably done here.

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 1:30 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Bold Statement

I was just about to post that!

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 2:07 pm
inDOKnito wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Bold Statement

I was just about to post that!

They say there is a revolutionary update coming and it will be unveiled at the BPM show here in the UK on the weekend

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 3:12 pm
Sorry for being cynical, but timecode was apparently "perfect" at the time of V8 coming out and it obviously wasn't.

They advertised timeline and a iOS version of VDJ as well and where are they????

Anyone can create a poster ....... but I do hope it comes true for all you timecode fans!

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 3:17 pm
81%