Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 36

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

xgl_dj wrote :
Observations of smart and absolute mode:

We changed a little the relative/smart/absolute behavior in b1946.
What the "timecode mode" do now, is just define how VirtualDJ 8 will behave when you needle-drop:

Relative mode: in relative mode, any needledrop will be ignored, and the playing will continue from the current point.

Absolute mode: in absolute mode, any needledrop will move the song to the exact distance from the beginning of the record.
So if you put the needle at the 1mn mark, your song will go to 1mn.
NOTE: if you changed the pitch in the software (by using the SYNC button, or by having auto-bpm on), then the distance will take the "software portion" of the pitch into account.
This way, as long as you dont change the pitch again on the software (you can still change on the timecode turntable), everytimes you jump to the same position, it guarantees to bring the song to the same point over and over. (so you can sticker your positions).

Smart mode: in smart mode, if you needledrop over a small distance, the song position will be moved from the same distance (relative). And if you move over a bigger distance, then the entire length of the timecode record will match the entire length of your song (so if you needledrop exactly in the middle of your timecode record, it will go to the middle of the song).
In smart mode, by default, timecodeSnapCue is set to yes, so if you needledrop near a cue point, it will snap to this cue point.

Absolute mode is now the default on a fresh install, since it's the favorite for scratch DJs and timecode is mostly used by scratch DJs.

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 8:31 pm
xgl_dj wrote :
Timecode drift : For regular movements & normal operations it holds up well. I can get the timecode drift on fast backspins

Set timecodeAntiSkip to "no" in the options, and see if you still get drifts with b1964?

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 8:33 pm
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
WOW I'm really impressed with the improvements to time code 1946, no drifting so far here using the CDJs and selecting new track while another is playing on the same deck now works as it should

Note to people using Timecode CD with VirtualDJ timecode signal:
To get a flawless experience, you need to go in options and set timecodeIsCD to "true"
(this is set automatically to true or false when you use a serato vinyl or CD, but for the virtualdj CD it still needs to be changed manually in b1964)

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 8:34 pm
sclavel wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :
Timecode drift : For regular movements & normal operations it holds up well. I can get the timecode drift on fast backspins

Set timecodeAntiSkip to "no" in the options, and see if you still get drifts with b1964?

OK thanks for the info as soon as I get home I will try it out and give u the feed back .and thanks again for your help.

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 9:05 pm
Doing some blends last night and noticed the pitch acts funny, but I know I need pitch calibrated on one of them, so I 0 the pitch and notice how the pitch reacts to changing the pitch. It's like when you have pitch sensitivity set to to high in v7. It gets there .01 step at a time.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 11:35 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Doing some blends last night and noticed the pitch acts funny, but I know I need pitch calibrated on one of them, so I 0 the pitch and notice how the pitch reacts to changing the pitch. It's like when you have pitch sensitivity set to to high in v7. It gets there .01 step at a time.

You are right... if you are using Serato time code the pitch will be about +0.34 by default and if you are using VDJ TC the pitch will about -0.12

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 12:04 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Do u still have sticker drift problem I still do.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 5:42 pm
angelt99 wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Do u still have sticker drift problem I still do.

A slight drift, nit as bad as before...

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 6:04 pm
To the dev team or anybody on timecode forum . do u guys know how to fix the sticker drift problem.or the dev team how can we solve this problem that the only remaining problem for timecode vinyl .once that fix timecode vinyl will be at 100%.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 7:04 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Are you sure your anti-skip option is off ?
Are you also using relative ?
If so try in absolute mode. For serious scratches, absolute is the mode you should choose, It is still flexible enough to allow hot cues, etc.
Make sure that you don't change the software pitch slider (must be 0% on software)

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 7:51 pm
apopsis wrote :
If so try in absolute mode. For serious scratches, absolute is the mode you should choose, It is still flexible enough to allow hot cues, etc.
Make sure that you don't change the software pitch slider (must be 0% on software)

OK I will try it thanks I will let u know.I going to change from relative to absolute. So stand by.thanks

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 8:45 pm
apopsis wrote :

Explain what you mean when you say 0% does that mean you cant use pitch when in absolute mode

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 9:02 pm
No drift on the CD side of things using apopsis settings

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 9:06 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
apopsis wrote :

Explain what you mean when you say 0% does that mean you cant use pitch when in absolute mode

You can just not on the software

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 9:07 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sclavel wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :
Observations of smart and absolute mode:

We changed a little the relative/smart/absolute behavior in b1946.
What the "timecode mode" do now, is just define how VirtualDJ 8 will behave when you needle-drop:

Relative mode seems to have taken a step back - I can drift much easier:
Build 1946 :https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzzfya0g26efdjh/rel%20-%20Broadband%20High.mp4?dl=0

Compared to 1944 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajw43g509tgykus/show-vdjDrift1944.MOV?dl=0
It took much more effort in b1944 to make it drift.

Absolute mode has bugs: Annotations in the video : https://www.dropbox.com/s/mljfwihge8cmr8i/absolute%20%281280%20x%20720%29.m4v?dl=0

Basically in absolute mode you and play farther in the record than you are supposed to. Also if you set a cue point and go past the actual song length into the record - you get little audio blips.

Smart mode not yet tested..

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 1:41 am
Looks like am a beta behind - I see 1949 is now out.. back to testing..

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 1:46 am
:(
1949 - still drifting..

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 2:05 am
only had time to test 5 minutes but..
In absolute mode, if you are juggling at the beginning of a track & you backspin 1 rotation too far the song won't play untill you reload it by picking up the needle & dropping it again

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 3:43 am
Using absolute mode with anti skip off and pitch set to 0% on the software seems to eliminate drifting for me... When in absolute mode do not adjust the pitch slider within the software. You should be using absolute mode when doing heaving scratching or beat juggling

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 4:34 am
dasouth2004 wrote :
only had time to test 5 minutes but..
In absolute mode, if you are juggling at the beginning of a track & you backspin 1 rotation too far the song won't play untill you reload it by picking up the needle & dropping it again

yes i am having the same problem in absolute mode.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 7:08 am
75%