Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 35

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

angelt99 wrote :
locodog wrote :
@ triple X, but you do use the keyboard/controller button to load the track right? just add ' & play ' to your loading script
load & play
deck 1 load & play
deck 2 load & play

How do we do this where in the config under mapping can u give better direction on how to do it thanks

go to options > mapping

select the controller you need to use, keyboard if it is the keyboard

press the key on the controller

it will appear at the bottom left list

select it

paste the code inside the field on the right

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 12:10 pm
I'm at shop right now my question is will this have an adverse reaction when you load a song on a stopped turntable. Will track play even tho the turntable is stop. Don't want that either but I'll check after my gig tonight...loco I will bug you to death tonight..cause I have some crazy mappings I'm thinking of. But don't know how to write it...like I said between you and jmf I will never to touch my laptop except for track searches. Also we gotta work out a pffx trick for a button push cause I need that badly

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 12:34 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djmicron wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :
Build 1944:
Took care of issue #3 on the list..

2) In relative mode - if I use keyboard shortcut to load the song - it does not play - until I lift the needle and put it down again(needledrop) - OR until you press a cue point that was perviously set in the song - OR if you stop the record with the stop button or with your hand manually stop/release the record - In previous versions the song would play when I load with keyboard shortcuts.. - NOT FIXED

try adding:

load & play

to the button action (until devs will add the option to vdj)

Worked. Thanks.

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 3:28 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
I'm at shop right now my question is will this have an adverse reaction when you load a song on a stopped turntable. Will track play even tho the turntable is stop. Don't want that either but I'll check after my gig tonight...loco I will bug you to death tonight..cause I have some crazy mappings I'm thinking of. But don't know how to write it...like I said between you and jmf I will never to touch my laptop except for track searches. Also we gotta work out a pffx trick for a button push cause I need that badly

you can map 2 different buttons, one that play when a tune is loaded and one that doesn't...

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 4:01 pm
djmicron

thank u i got to work

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 4:03 pm
sclavel wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :
Build 1944:
Took care of issue #3 on the list..

1) Relative mode needs tweaking : VDJ pops/stops the track at the end of the track - meaning if you are playing a small sample you can't rewind it once it comes to an end - NOT FIXED
2) In relative mode - if I use keyboard shortcut to load the song - it does not play - until I lift the needle and put it down again(needledrop) - OR until you press a cue point that was perviously set in the song - OR if you stop the record with the stop button or with your hand manually stop/release the record - In previous versions the song would play when I load with keyboard shortcuts.. - NOT FIXED
3) This bug - where the track play before starts if it rewinded to far beyond the start : https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ectpz1dby613q4/playbeforestart.mp4?dl=0 -- BUG SEEMS TO BE FIXED
4) Timecode drift - NOT FIXED

1) in b1944 the song will stop when you reached the end and let it play for more than 5 seconds.
That should be enough to let anyone scratch beyond the end point, but still ensure the track gets stopped if you leave it unattended.
So this is actually fixed ;)

2) this is the same as it was in vdj 7. When you load a new track, it's not going to play unless you press play.
I dont think we want to change that.

3) yes it was a bug when using pitchQuality=1 in config, it's been fixed as you saw

4) we cannot replicate any drift here. Can you explain what exactly makes the drift? fast scratch, or on the opposite slow movements?

1. Even if you leave the 5 second rule as default behavior - Could we please have the option to turn this off. I don't consider this a major issue, more of a nuisance to have the track stop, even though it is ended.
2. FIXED- the (load & play) command resolved this. I had the (deck 2 unload & deck 2 load) shortcut command which work as previously - regardless it is working how I need it now.
3. Timecode drift : For regular movements & normal operations it holds up well. I can get the timecode drift on fast backspins

I made 2 videos:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajw43g509tgykus/show-vdjDrift1944.MOV?dl=0
^^ Here you can see it vdj holds up well against backspins until around the 1:30 minute mark .

In the second video - I use sdj as a comparison tool. The first part of the video is sdj until the 1:39 min mark then I switch to vdj:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tilqy2cdy5x6peg/1944SDJvsVdj.MOV?dl=0

In both videos I set the mark to the 12:00 position and back spin to see if the sample remains at the same location.

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 4:09 pm
2nd vid doesn't work, not like i wonna dl 100mb+ for 2 minutes :P

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 4:24 pm
TO xgl_dj

i am having the same problem i try it with serato to the sticker does not drift like vdj 8

so sticker drift need to be tune in a little for vdj 8

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 4:47 pm
dasouth2004 wrote :
2nd vid doesn't work, not like i wonna dl 100mb+ for 2 minutes :P

The video is for the devs really - I am sure they have good bandwidth. I can't be bothered to upload to youtube.

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 5:31 pm
angelt99 wrote :
TO xgl_dj

i am having the same problem i try it with serato to the sticker does not drift like vdj 8

so sticker drift need to be tune in a little for vdj 8

Yes serato is tighter- vdj is almost there, it just needs a little more tuning so it does not lose its position with faster movements.

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 5:36 pm
Time code almost there guys 2 major bugs:-

1. Time code drift on rapid movements

2. songs should load and play if replaced while another is still playing (dragging songs to deck causes music to stop if timecode is still in use. Should carry on playing from whichever point the time code is)

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 7:47 pm
Agreed!! If my record ain't stopped the music shouldn't either.........

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 7:52 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@xgl_dj,
Are you using Relative mode ?
I believe you do, Do you have drifting in smart / absolute mode also ?

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 8:34 pm
Yes. I am using Relative mode. I never use the other modes - but I can test those other modes if needed..

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 8:46 pm
Observations of smart and absolute mode:

Absolute mode
Absolute mode tracks the absolute position - therefore there is no timecode drift in this mode(***if the mode is used correctly)
Used correctly meaning - you lift the need to the start position of the record to play and use needle drop to advance within the song.
With this mode you may get skipping due to heavy handed scratching(aka operator error) - but logically not timecode drift - since this mode operates most like real vinyl.

But I have found Absolute mode in vdj does not act like a true absolute mode - my load & play keyboard shortcut may have something to do with this not sure. Or it could be becuase vdj automatically switches from absolute mode to smart on its own based on vdj own logic.

I can be on the 10 min mark on the record and load a track in absolute mode and the track starts playing - this should not be - but I am sure the automatic internal switch to smart mode that causes this behavior.

Smart mode
We have timecode jump in this mode - which is more severe than timecode drift. Fast movements can confuse the algorithm can make it skip forward minutes in the track.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yog04n044vzlk4z/smBug.mov?dl=0

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 3:13 am
hi, there is still a problem regarding timecode issues with build 1944.787 speed still fluctuating up and down which is changing the pitch. have tried this build with three different timecoded vinyls, virtual dj ,numark virtual vinyl, and serato cv02.

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 2:10 pm
kevindiskin2 wrote :
hi, there is still a problem regarding timecode issues with build 1944.787 speed still fluctuating up and down which is changing the pitch. have tried this build with three different timecoded vinyls, virtual dj ,numark virtual vinyl, and serato cv02.

Can you do a video showing the pitch change and your time code screen?

Pitch problems solved for me in latest build... I had to factory reset settings though

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 2:22 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Fellas. You gotta also mention your performance settings! Mine is set on pitch quality 1 and scratchfilterquality 8 and I am almost teased to say that everything's fine on my setup when in relative mode. I did also run on pitch quality 2 and scratchfilterquality 22 and once in a while got dropouts and skips and drifts on my weaker/older needles. Maybe it's best to run on standard, being pitchquality 1 and scratchfilterquality 8, and get everything nailed on these settings to get a solid basement for further fine tuning our setups? Cool?

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 4:53 pm
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
kevindiskin2 wrote :

Can you do a video showing the pitch change and your time code screen?

Pitch problems solved for me in latest build... I had to factory reset settings though

this might be the natural wow and flutter turntables produce..tho in v7 this was controllable with pitch sensitivity but i guess this was also considered not needed, even though all turntables produce wow and flutter.

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 5:34 pm
WOW I'm really impressed with the improvements to time code 1946, no drifting so far here using the CDJs and selecting new track while another is playing on the same deck now works as it should

Thanks

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 8:09 pm
73%