Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 34

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Same problems as listed above...

also when needle drops the wave form stretches until it reaches normal speed, the pitch rapidly climbs from minus to plus

on needle drop or when play is pressed on CD player song starts off slightly under pitched until it catches its normal speed

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 10:09 pm
Nobody else having the pitch jumping issue like me?
This is why we need a buglist Atomix, so we know if the problem is our setup or your software!

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 4:42 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What do you mean by pitch jumping?

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 4:54 am
I'll make a vid when I have time today (working atm)
in the config window under timecode you can see timecode speed, it jumps between 96 & 104% witch makes my pitch jumps during playback

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 5:03 am

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 5:25 am
damn posted it in the regression thread :D
don't do 10 things at the same time, i'll fix it

both pitches at 0% no buttons pressed.
Same track on each deck, lined up on same position, at the end you see the pich jump & they drift away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZD-tcnb3c0&feature=youtu.be

edit : just saw that autobpm match was on, turned it off & it seems better but not 100% yet

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 6:27 am
ok i am having the problem with when u load a track.and also when u load a track it does not play while the record is moving i have to press the cue button or pick up the needle and put it back down for it to start playing.And sometime when i load a track it start to load and the deck goes blink and i have to reload the track again.

put i started to mess with it today and i have to say a good improvement for timecode vinyl so far fingers are cross

thanks to the dev team for listening i know i said a lot of - thing because i was frustrated .but lets keep on getting it right with this new timecode engine and fixing the little bugs i mention here .so i rate timecode now at 88% good.but let me keep testing it.

i dont know put sticker drift was good for today and the pitch was not bad to i took it off to reset the pitch on load to no and it seam to be ok.

but before i get to happy let me keep testing it.

the bad

1- the tracks it wont start to u pick up the needle and but it back down when u are changing a track.
2-sticker drift
3- scratching on smart or absolute mode u have to have good needle for it not to jump and the timecode record should not be warp
4- when moving the pitch on the turntables vdj is slowly responding on how u are moving the pitch on the turntables it not accurate so when u move the pitch on the turntables vdj take a longer time to respond so when it does it take u off beat.

the good

1- The track starts normal its does not jump in no more .i am very happy about that.
2-backspin is good
3-Scratching is accurate
4- no more jumping when scratching on relative mode.
5-pitch not jumping no more when holding the record slowly and moving it back and forward.

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 7:50 am
Time code got worse for me using CDJs. Look at the pitch slider each time i press stop and play on the decks, It affects the sound briefly until it catches up..... In this same video I showed what happens when you try to load another track while one is already playing or change the song.

Something not quite right where needle drop is concerned I never had this pitch problem on previous builds

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 10:09 am
This time code is worse..I'll be making videos...

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 10:58 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
This time code is worse..I'll be making videos...

I had to revert to the previous build, this was unusable... don't get me wrong some things have improved but the new bugs introduced makes it unusable for my set up

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 11:28 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
Time code got worse for me using CDJs. Look at the pitch slider each time i press stop and play on the decks, It affects the sound briefly until it catches up..... In this same video I showed what happens when you try to load another track while one is already playing or change the song.

Something not quite right where needle drop is concerned I never had this pitch problem on previous builds

What do you mean "needle drop" in relation to CD players?
What is supposed to happen when you load a track with the CD players? What mode are you using smart, relative, absolute?

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 2:06 pm
new version 1944.784, changelog:

- more improvements on timecode engine
- more improvements on motorized jogwheels engine

it fixed a problem on my motorized controller and timecode is good here.

It still stop playing if a song is loaded during playback on the same deck, this is not exactly a bug, it's more a missing feature, but if you add an action to the controller's button such as:

load & play

it keeps playing (workaround)

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 4:55 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Build 1944:
Took care of issue #3 on the list..

1) Relative mode needs tweaking : VDJ pops/stops the track at the end of the track - meaning if you are playing a small sample you can't rewind it once it comes to an end - NOT FIXED
2) In relative mode - if I use keyboard shortcut to load the song - it does not play - until I lift the needle and put it down again(needledrop) - OR until you press a cue point that was perviously set in the song - OR if you stop the record with the stop button or with your hand manually stop/release the record - In previous versions the song would play when I load with keyboard shortcuts.. - NOT FIXED
3) This bug - where the track play before starts if it rewinded to far beyond the start : https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ectpz1dby613q4/playbeforestart.mp4?dl=0 -- BUG SEEMS TO BE FIXED
4) Timecode drift - NOT FIXED

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 7:28 pm
another new timecode problem witn serato timecode....when pitching audio is staticy until it reaches speed set, then it clears up.

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 10:35 pm
xgl_dj wrote :
Build 1944:

2) In relative mode - if I use keyboard shortcut to load the song - it does not play - until I lift the needle and put it down again(needledrop) - OR until you press a cue point that was perviously set in the song - OR if you stop the record with the stop button or with your hand manually stop/release the record - In previous versions the song would play when I load with keyboard shortcuts.. - NOT FIXED

try adding:

load & play

to the button action (until devs will add the option to vdj)

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 6:36 am
xgl_dj wrote :
Build 1944:

1) Relative mode needs tweaking : VDJ pops/stops the track at the end of the track - meaning if you are playing a small sample you can't rewind it once it comes to an end - NOT FIXED
3) This bug - where the track play before starts if it rewinded to far beyond the start : https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ectpz1dby613q4/playbeforestart.mp4?dl=0 -- BUG SEEMS TO BE FIXED

1) in b1944 the song will stop when you reached the end and let it play for more than 5 seconds.
That should be enough to let anyone scratch beyond the end point, but still ensure the track gets stopped if you leave it unattended.
So this is actually fixed ;)

2) this is the same as it was in vdj 7. When you load a new track, it's not going to play unless you press play.
I dont think we want to change that.

3) yes it was a bug when using pitchQuality=1 in config, it's been fixed as you saw

4) we cannot replicate any drift here. Can you explain what exactly makes the drift? fast scratch, or on the opposite slow movements?

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 9:38 am
sclavel wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :
Build 1944:

2) this is the same as it was in vdj 7. When you load a new track, it's not going to play unless you press play.

but with timecode i dont have a play button, so i have to stop the turn table or lift the needle, it was not like that in v7, load the song if turntable is spinning the song just played.

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 10:40 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@ triple X, but you do use the keyboard/controller button to load the track right? just add ' & play ' to your loading script
load & play
deck 1 load & play
deck 2 load & play

And I can remember when I was laughed at when I advised ' pause & beat_tap & play ' for setting the downbeat on the fly, when it would have worked.

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 11:14 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
sclavel wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :
Build 1944:

but with timecode i dont have a play button, so i have to stop the turn table or lift the needle, it was not like that in v7, load the song if turntable is spinning the song just played.

Yes I agree it was not like that in the vdj 7 or the last timecode engine for vdj 8 it will just play when u load a track remember we have turntables and analog mixer so for us to play the track we have to lift the needle and put it back down for it to play or press the cue on the laptop.

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 11:15 am
locodog wrote :
@ triple X, but you do use the keyboard/controller button to load the track right? just add ' & play ' to your loading script
load & play
deck 1 load & play
deck 2 load & play

How do we do this where in the config under mapping can u give better direction on how to do it thanks

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 11:19 am
71%