Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 33

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
Time code issues cannot be solved by just reporting a bug, it's a more complex part of the software where accuracy has to be spot on. That can only be achieved by having scratch djs/turntablists working alongside the devs

I do agree with this statement, or have a turntablist as part of the dev team. But i do believe that timecode is not a function that is considered critical.

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 10:10 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
Time code issues cannot be solved by just reporting a bug, it's a more complex part of the software where accuracy has to be spot on. That can only be achieved by having scratch djs/turntablists working alongside the devs

This may not be possible - since I don't think the devs are working in a centralized location(I could be wrong).... Scalvel country icon is France and Adion icon is in Belgium..
Adion and other dev's are probably managing there code base remotely..

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 11:19 pm
has any one downloaded djdecks and tested your timecode with it. I think you guys should try it. I did and i noticed a little better timecode handling with both serato and VDJ timecode. But i have notice the area where vdj has imported from dj decks even the timecode config page. check it out and see if you noticed a difference. But i did notice my serato vinyl said low and my vdj timecode said perfect. Im telling you guys vdj timecode is just handled better than noise map in vdj8 because i think they are also using the audio engine from djdecks. But even with a low reading it was ok...

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 11:45 pm
I had a purchased copy of djdecks - the timecode was always better than vdj back then - it always sounded like real vinyl while vdj sounded digital.

Posted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 12:01 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
has any one downloaded djdecks and tested your timecode with it. I think you guys should try it. I did and i noticed a little better timecode handling with both serato and VDJ timecode. But i have notice the area where vdj has imported from dj decks even the timecode config page. check it out and see if you noticed a difference. But i did notice my serato vinyl said low and my vdj timecode said perfect. Im telling you guys vdj timecode is just handled better than noise map in vdj8 because i think they are also using the audio engine from djdecks. But even with a low reading it was ok...

You say vdj timecode vinyl is good .but to us that don't have the original vdj timecode vinyl it's not helping at all because u can not get them any where.so what good is it ?the Dev team is not listening to us .

Posted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 1:14 am
angelt99 wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

You say vdj timecode vinyl is good .but to us that don't have the original vdj timecode vinyl it's not helping at all because u can not get them any where.so what good is it ?the Dev team is not listening to us .

well this is something they should consider. or give us the right to produce custom vinyls with out elua violations. And I just want you guys to see that its the noise map that both vdj and djdecks have a low reading. And I still say reintroduce vdj code.

Posted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 2:29 pm
Then can increase the signal level in which the serato timecodes are read.

For them to produce vdj vinyl does not make great business sense - besides other dj's have reported there are issues with vdj vinyl anyways - so for the company to start selling vdj vinyl fixes nothing.

Posted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 11:26 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Guys,

There's a new timecode engine!!!

Seems like they are listening. Try it out.

Very curious.

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 2:42 pm
timecodevolume option has no tooltip so guess guess what settings you can pick
my vdj timecode still jumps from 96%to 103% speed

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 3:33 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
New TC engine, interesting, but a beta on a friday night, proceed with caution guys.

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 3:52 pm
I live life on the edge, I'm goin all in tonight, lmao!!

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 4:00 pm
Ok haven't tested the new time code but last night I popped out Peter piper wax and did some juggles and scratches...then did the d's a me routine with virtual do and there is a real big difference. All this time I been blaming my brain injury and age with being so rusty but not the case...vs was not so accurate as I been saying. Let's see what the new time code offers

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 4:45 pm
new build 1941.784, changelog included "new timecode engine".
My system worked properly with previous version too with serato timecodes, i only had the bug about track not fully loaded when timecode is running that is fixed with this version.
All is great here, scratching, backspinning, no drift issues, perfect cue point recall, very tight scratching, lot of fun.
Hope it's fixed for the others.

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 5:56 pm
Posted this in the other thread :

No jumping at beginning of tracks so far..

Problems:
1) Relative mode needs tweaking : VDJ pops/stops the track at the end of the track
2) If I use keyboard shortcut to load the song - it does not play - until I lift the needle and put it down again.
In previous versions the song would play when I load with keyboard shortcuts..
3) This bug is still present : https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ectpz1dby613q4/playbeforestart.mp4?dl=0
4) There is still timecode drift.

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 6:32 pm

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 6:54 pm
xgl_dj wrote :
Posted this in the other thread :

No jumping at beginning of tracks so far..

Problems:
1) Relative mode needs tweaking : VDJ pops/stops the track at the end of the track
2) If I use keyboard shortcut to load the song - it does not play - until I lift the needle and put it down again.
In previous versions the song would play when I load with keyboard shortcuts..
3) This bug is still present : https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ectpz1dby613q4/playbeforestart.mp4?dl=0
4) There is still timecode drift.

ok i am having the same problem but timecode is working alot better

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 7:13 pm
xgl_dj wrote :
Build 1941Timecode drift :https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4u0mb1xa50zaq1/build1941-TCdrift.mp4?dl=0

There are some improvement but this build still needs work.

I got excited for a minute because I thought everything was fixed - but that's why it pays to test properly.

same problem here once that is fix we are good to go they are very close for timecode to be tight like serato. so i give timecode now its at 85% just 2 more problem 2 go so far let me keep testing it.

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 7:15 pm
xgl_dj

ok i see what u mean when u change the tracks it wont start to u pick up the needle and but it back down.

the bad

1- the tracks it wont start to u pick up the needle and but it back down when u are changing a track.
2-sticker drift
3- scratching on smart or absolute mode u have to have good needle for it not to jump and the timecode record should not be warp
4- when moving the pitch on the turntables vdj is slowly responding on how u are moving the pitch on the turntables it not accurate so when u move the pitch on the turntables vdj take a longer time to respond so when it does it take u off beat.

the good

1- The track starts normal its does not jump in no more .i am very happy about that.
2-backspin is good
3-Scratching is accurate
4- no more jumping when scratching on relative mode.
5-pitch not jumping no more when holding the record slowly and moving it back and forward.

but let me keep testing it i will let u guys know.this is so far what i have tested

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 7:42 pm
for the ones that are still having drifting and waveform not aligned to audio issues, have you checked this solution that is very common to laptops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSA2F1AwboU

I have intentionally added some background noise to the timecode input(from external mixer) and the result is drifting when holding the vinyl and waveform on the display not aligned at the beginning of the record.

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 7:47 pm
This build is much improved - tracking is much better - hence the jumping issues seem to be gone..

Combining the remaining issues reported :

1) Relative mode needs tweaking : VDJ pops/stops the track at the end of the track - meaning if you are playing a small sample you can't rewind it once it comes to an end - you have to needledrop
2) In relative mode - if I use keyboard shortcut to load the song - it does not play - until I lift the needle and put it down again(needledrop) - or until you press a cue point that was perviously set in the song.In previous versions the song would play when I load with keyboard shortcuts..
3) This bug - where the track play before starts if it rewinded to far beyond the start point is still present : https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ectpz1dby613q4/playbeforestart.mp4?dl=0
4) There is still timecode drift, it is improved but it is still there : https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4u0mb1xa50zaq1/build1941-TCdrift.mp4?dl=0
5) Scratching on smart or absolute mode u have to have good needle for it not to jump and the timecode record should not be warp

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 8:25 pm
69%