Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 32

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Advokut wrote :
Sbdj, are you as a Teamer in a position to help us get a responsible dev in here, or can you set dev's attention on this issue and thread.

I know it will get fixed when it will get fixed, but how about trying to make sure it gets fixed the way we re hoping for. Thanks for your response

We'll guess that's a no from your side, sbdj ? I feel with you as a negotiator between us tcv users and the responsible Developer can only benefit us all, don't you think so too?

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 5:20 pm
I know how you feel man, and with my effects all staticy, im basically been let down on my controller now...so its eother go back to 7 or learn mixvibes better cause i want video, but i like traktor effects....but i still say drop ever other timecode and ONLY SUPPORT YOUR OWN, ITS THE ONLY REASONABLE DECISION,,,IT WORKS THE BEST.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 5:31 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
dasouth2004 wrote :
Yea, 'blame' us for not getting it fixed.. that's the way 2 go..

I'm not trying to blame anyone. I'm simply trying to make sure the maximum amount of information is gathered so that when the issues you guys raise are addressed it is done as efficiently as possible.

In any case I was actually addressing this point:

Quote :
***It would be awesome if the DEVS interacted more with the users as technical issues like these aren't the easiest to debug especially if the team cannot replicate them***

Whereby the traces requested earlier in the thread will enable the development team to replicate your issue exactly.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 5:48 pm
Advokut wrote :
We'll guess that's a no from your side, sbdj ? I feel with you as a negotiator between us tcv users and the responsible Developer can only benefit us all, don't you think so too?

I'm happy to do almost anything I can to help. Unfortunately every time I post in this thread I get shouted down.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 5:51 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
SBDJ wrote :
Advokut wrote :

I'm happy to do almost anything I can to help. Unfortunately every time I post in this thread I get shouted down.

Ha Ha - don't try to play the victim here...

We just want results and fixes - not words of appeasement...

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 6:28 pm
xgl_dj wrote :
Ha Ha - don't try to play the victim here...

No victim card being played here. I was simply trying to help by advising you guys to keep this thread clear of irrelevant content and to provide as much information as possible including the logging the development team were posting about previously. If this has been misinterpreted then I apologise. I am not attempting to blame, appease or play the victim.

xgl_dj wrote :
We just want results and fixes - not words of appeasement...

Fair enough.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 6:43 pm
You're smooth - I'll give you that.. Apology accepted..

I'll try to keep my bitching to a minimum( for a while at least)

BTW - a few of us sent in logs as requested and heard nothing further.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 7:56 pm
Posted to forum or ticket? If we can dig them out I will do my best to get them looked at.

I've been called many things, smooth isn't usually one of them!

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 8:02 pm
Logs were posted to forum.

What is needed to fix this issue?
More logs?
More videos?
Are the users providing adequate information?
Is the information we provided clear enough?

Is is us or is it you guys?

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 8:23 pm
FYI - smooth - was a compliment...

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 8:24 pm
@SBDJ : I think an apologie is in order from my side, I shouldn't have made it personal& any input should be appreciated!
I do however think that no progress or no info on progress is asking for frustration from our side, it's not like we only waited a few weeks since Atomix started hyping us for V8.
Anyway, gave it another shot & tried to record the signal but it's either not working or I can't find the file in the given folder, can you provide me with a file name pls?

Das

Posted Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 6:22 am
No apology necessary; we all get frustrated when stuff doesn't work!

I'm on my mobile at the moment but I will dig out the info and let you know.

I will also go back through the thread and find the other traces so we can package this all up so we can try and move forwards.

Posted Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 8:02 am
SBDJ wrote :
No apology necessary; we all get frustrated when stuff doesn't work!

I'm on my mobile at the moment but I will dig out the info and let you know.

I will also go back through the thread and find the other traces so we can package this all up so we can try and move forwards.

Can please tell us who do we have to speak to to get timecode vinyl fix from the dev team that specialized in: timecode vinyl or do we have to wright to vdj .or can u get some 1 from the dev to have open forum so we can explain the timecode issue .I mean u work for them so u should be able to get some 1 to help us.no disrespect but this is the worst company that communicates with its customers. Please we need some timecode help.

Posted Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 8:38 pm
Vdj team Dev team see what I mean can not get a simple answer from u guys going on 2 day now.

Posted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 8:33 pm
I can't for the life of me get the timecode signal to be recognised - running Mac OS X Mavericks, using a Hercules Mk4 as my sound card and Serato CV2.5's as my vinyls. All worked perfect in VDJ7, but nothing happening in VDJ8 at all

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 9:57 am
DJCG22PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I think us Time code users will have too wait it out for a while, the good thing is we still have VDJ7. I tried VDJ8 on the DJJSZ and it works flawless at a gig last week, but I agree I can't even get my soundcard read for time code making it only useful with a controller or laptop. unless I spend 300 dollars for a soundcard but as for now VDJ 8 is having bug issues anyway so it wouldn't work.. :(
I recently bought a pair 1200's to practice my scratches and cutting technics to a whole new level but I honestly do feel like I'm limited and I hate that feeling, I will never stop using VDJ but have decided to give a new time code friendly DJ software a chance as well.

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 1:46 pm
jasonbaldaro@icloud.com wrote :
I can't for the life of me get the timecode signal to be recognised - running Mac OS X Mavericks, using a Hercules Mk4 as my sound card and Serato CV2.5's as my vinyls. All worked perfect in VDJ7, but nothing happening in VDJ8 at all

Take a screenshot of your settings, time codes definitely works... just not the way we want it to. It has improved a fair bit I must admit but I believe it could use some more calibration. I have listed what the bugs are already and i'm sure the devs know what the issues are unless they are unable to replicate them themselves, which I believe to be the case. No way a DEV or tester could use time codes and say things are as they should be, if a member of the team did say this then they deserved to be fired

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 10:17 am
They can only fix this by adding the old GUI interface or a new interface with sliders/knobs to adjust your sensitivity settings.. The automatic detection settings will not work for everyone - and is not working for most of us.

Plus the bugs in this forum are not letting up - I see new threads on a daily basis - so who knows when they will have enough time to give timeocodes a proper fix..

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 10:47 am
I agree .But we can not get a SIMPLE answer from the dev team all we get is the staff member that dont know what to tell us.they keep saying the same thing over and over again 4 months now .still saying the same thing put the timecode single in the forum so they can test it and we did and still nothing.All i ask is who can we speak to from the dev team and i get no answer.

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 3:30 pm
Time code issues cannot be solved by just reporting a bug, it's a more complex part of the software where accuracy has to be spot on. That can only be achieved by having scratch djs/turntablists working alongside the devs

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 9:27 pm
67%