Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 31

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
They have more than enough useful information - but timecodes still have bugs..

Posted Sat 16 Aug 14 @ 2:50 pm
ITS like timecode is getting worst i was doing vdj radio today and when i scratch and release it the track slow down a few time it did this it like i have belt drive turntables what going on.

Posted Sat 16 Aug 14 @ 6:13 pm
angelt99 wrote :
ITS like timecode is getting worst i was doing vdj radio today and when i scratch and release it the track slow down a few time it did this it like i have belt drive turntables what going on.

I agree. With the latest update, there seems to be even more sticker drift than before. Just hoping that one of these updates will be geared 100% to time code....

Posted Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 12:43 pm
Just wondering when are the dev team is going to come in the forum and give us some help .it crazy the worst company that communicates with it customers.i never seen it

Posted Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 2:55 pm
It would just be kind of cool to see a roadmap of what the priorities are to be fixed, changed, or added. Every engineering team in the world sets their development based on a roadmap of those things. Then we could have a general idea on when time code is on the agenda to be looked at and resolved.

Posted Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 7:29 am
3 months since public release & not a single timecode issue solved..
maybe you should change the vdj logo & remove the vinyl?

Posted Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 4:57 pm
Thats whats funny to me you have a Record as a logo but cant handle timecode properly, i agree maybe your logo should be a keyboard or controller or just a play button.

Posted Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 7:18 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Thats whats funny to me you have a Record as a logo but cant handle timecode properly, i agree maybe your logo should be a keyboard or controller or just a play button.

What happen to your virtual Dj timecode ? Not good

Posted Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 8:38 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
angelt99 wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^true what going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATOMIX......

Posted Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 8:48 pm
Heys Devs you need to do an update which just focuses on time code... Master this area and watch VDJ popularity increase. Scratch DJs need to show their skill to the world, it's good publicity for the software

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 9:57 pm

SBDJMember since 2006
Guys,

I know you are waiting on time code updates and I'm sorry I don't bring better news, but continually spamming this topic with irrelevant posts will not help your cause. You only dilute the available information and when a dev does read this topic look at what they have to wade through to get to the actual issues. Its impossible reading through this thread.

Please keep it on topic and with actual useful information relevant to the topic at hand.

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 10:23 pm
angelt99 wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Yeah they are still the best ones but lately i been in love with these marble serato vinyls, and i hate it...but i do have my vdj vinyl. I wish i could get virtual dj custom vinyl. Is that legal if i get them made myself

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 11:10 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Guys,

I know you are waiting on time code updates and I'm sorry I don't bring better news, but continually spamming this topic with irrelevant posts will not help your cause. You only dilute the available information and when a dev does read this topic look at what they have to wade through to get to the actual issues. Its impossible reading through this thread.

Please keep it on topic and with actual useful information relevant to the topic at hand.

Well everything has been covered as i can tell, now everything else is up to you guys.

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 11:12 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Sbdj, are you as a Teamer in a position to help us get a responsible dev in here, or can you set dev's attention on this issue and thread.

I know it will get fixed when it will get fixed, but how about trying to make sure it gets fixed the way we re hoping for. Thanks for your response

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 11:17 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Guys,

Are you basicly saying devs still haven't analyzed all tc problems or at least made a list of them?
Just wonna know where we stand..

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 12:11 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I do not speak for the dev team. I'm just saying that filling a bug report thread with irrelevant stuff about logos and skins is unhelpful for anyone trying to read it - including the dev team.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 4:17 am
Nothing more to report here, if the devs really want the useful info they'll find it... Nothing much has changed apart from the skipping issue on Serato vinyl being fixed. Everything else is pretty much the same since the release where time codes are concerned. The next move is for the devs and let's be honest here they must not be facing the same issues as we are during testing or else they wouldn't have released it in the current state anyhow

FOR DEVS AGAIN

*Loading a time code deck while another is already playing results in only portions of the song being loaded (I have attempted this in smart mode and there is a bug)

*Cue drift and sticker drift which could mean your time code algorithm is off and needs work done/calibration

*Scratching the first few seconds of a track is nearly impossible as the platter snaps into the wave form instead of smoothly transitioning

*Slight pitch irregularities in the beginning of the wave form (Doesn't seem to be the case for VDJ vinyl)

***It would be awesome if the DEVS interacted more with the users as technical issues like these aren't the easiest to debug especially if the team cannot replicate them***

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 5:17 am
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
Nothing more to report here, if the devs really want the useful info they'll find it... Nothing much has changed apart from the skipping issue on Serato vinyl being fixed. Everything else is pretty much the same since the release where time codes are concerned. The next move is for the devs and let's be honest here they must not be facing the same issues as we are during testing or else they wouldn't have released it in the current state anyhow

FOR DEVS AGAIN

*Loading a time code deck while another is already playing results in only portions of the song being loaded (I have attempted this in smart mode and there is a bug)

*Cue drift and sticker drift which could mean your time code algorithm is off and needs work done/calibration

*Scratching the first few seconds of a track is nearly impossible as the platter snaps into the wave form instead of smoothly transitioning

*Slight pitch irregularities in the beginning of the wave form (Doesn't seem to be the case for VDJ vinyl)

***It would be awesome if the DEVS interacted more with the users as technical issues like these aren't the easiest to debug especially if the team cannot replicate them***

You can add pitch jumping to +200 or 300, had that last week with tcv
vdj timecode still has fluctuating pitch for me, like ~0.5
vdj timecode still skips every now & then

& let's be honest for a minute, have you heard one VDJ TC user who has no problems?
I think it's time to get a new beta testing team

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 5:27 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The time code debug option is there to help the dev team; the more useful information is provided the more likely you are to get a fix.

We've been through all this before so I wont go over it all again.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 2:58 pm
SBDJ wrote :
The time code debug option is there to help the dev team; the more useful information is provided the more likely you are to get a fix.

We've been through all this before so I wont go over it all again.

Yea, 'blame' us for not getting it fixed.. that's the way 2 go.. :FACEPALM

I'm outta here, cya!

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 3:43 pm
64%