Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 30

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I understand 8 is still beta. I get that.

I like VDJ a lot. Not a big Serato fan. Personally Serato lacks on a lot more.

But it doesn't seem like anyone from Atomix is working with any of the timecode users to make it better.

In my eyes 8 is a few steps backwards from 7 with a few great add ons and much better sound engine.

Just curious... Has anyone tried Traktor timecode or any other timecode vinyl other than Serato and VDJ?

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 6:28 pm
djmicron wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
DJ Koz wrote :
Hey guys.

Let me start by saying I'm not a timecode user. I have been following this thread since day 1.

I would love to see this program without bugs and no problems with timecode. I do miss my turntables. VDJ fixing timecode may make me buy some 1200s or 1210s.

I have been using my SX with 8 for weeks until it froze on me twice on a VIP wedding I did weeks ago. That totally turned me off to 8 and now use 7.

With so many bugs and people reporting their problems and crashes and freezes with 8, I am very tempted to go to Serato. VERY tempted! BUT VDJ database/library management and other little bells and whistles are stopping me from jumping to Serato. If Serato had better library management and Loop Shift i would not be here right now. I know it is one that I use and not too many use.

I am not sure why it took 3 years and finally when 8 was released it felt like no one even bothered to report such obvious bugs. Timecode should have been on point and put Serato to shame.

The reason I am posting this here is because I feel the passion from a lot of people in this thread.

Serato is catching up very fast. VDJ needs to step it up and listen to their users.

Thanks for reading.

don't u guys get it..this software is not for you. to these developers time code and the turntable DJ are a dying breed. none of the devteam actual use virtual DJ a purebdj tool. I have never seen one virtual DJ team video with a turntable being used. read the signs. your i dead being adapted by the competition, instead of the people you gave the idea to. New software my ass this the same software with lipstick on the pig. options that are great ideas but basically make no sense in the real world. The answer to all ur drawbacks are within the minds of it communty. This is the thought of users that see the power of virtual dj and notice how its being mishandled and under used. u should add every user on this thread to your beta team just for time code. Don't we seem passionate about this software. doesn't seem like we love this software we just want it to work as told and hyped up about. also we wanna get on these 1200s and demolish that serato traktor user trying to run his mouth. see that's the DJs in this thread. let us help, pick our brains. we mostly like have one of the other DVS systems but still prefer vdj. foes that mean anything to you guys. truely most things that keep people here are things users came up with...certain skins, certain effects...users make up the creation of at least 40% of this software. And I STILL STAND BY ONLY SUPPORT YOUR OWN TIMECODE EVERY OTHER SOFTWARE HAS PROBABLY FIGURED THIS OUT THATS WHY THEY ONLY SUPPORT THEIR OWN TIMECODE. GIVE US CUSTOM VDJ VINYLS GIVE US TIGHT RELIABLE TIMECODE. TIME TO TAKE OFF THE TRAINING WHEELS BECAUSE THE GUYS AROUND YOU ARE TRYYING TO WHEELIE MOUTAIN BIKES. /RANT

the serato and native instruments marketing is based on testimonials to let people think "this is the standard and it's the only one tool needed to scratch properly, because qbert is using it", vdj don't make any fake promotion based on paid testimonials and the final user can use it based on the personal working style, this is what i like.
Vdj 8 scratch quality is better than any of the other competitors out there, it's tight and natural, it only needs to be fine tuned with timecodes that doesn't work properly on every system.
Mixxx is another software that runs with third party timecodes, i think this is not the problem, we just need to understand what a software in the beta stage is, we are all beta testers and our feedback is essential for the final release.
The latest updates demonstrates that the developers are reading here and that are trying to fix the bugs.

how can u in one breathe say something is on point and better then in the next breathe say it needs work. I have used mixxx and its TIMECODE is horrible maybe for baby scratches but when u getting into it u hear the imperfections put it thru the ringer and u will see for yourself. maybe it has improved well let me see it there's an update and test it I'll be right back

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 6:29 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Djrated..

Not sure which post you are responding to.

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 6:31 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
djmicron wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
DJ Koz wrote :
Hey guys.

Let me start by saying I'm not a timecode user. I have been following this thread since day 1.

I would love to see this program without bugs and no problems with timecode. I do miss my turntables. VDJ fixing timecode may make me buy some 1200s or 1210s.

I have been using my SX with 8 for weeks until it froze on me twice on a VIP wedding I did weeks ago. That totally turned me off to 8 and now use 7.

With so many bugs and people reporting their problems and crashes and freezes with 8, I am very tempted to go to Serato. VERY tempted! BUT VDJ database/library management and other little bells and whistles are stopping me from jumping to Serato. If Serato had better library management and Loop Shift i would not be here right now. I know it is one that I use and not too many use.

I am not sure why it took 3 years and finally when 8 was released it felt like no one even bothered to report such obvious bugs. Timecode should have been on point and put Serato to shame.

The reason I am posting this here is because I feel the passion from a lot of people in this thread.

Serato is catching up very fast. VDJ needs to step it up and listen to their users.

Thanks for reading.

don't u guys get it..this software is not for you. to these developers time code and the turntable DJ are a dying breed. none of the devteam actual use virtual DJ a purebdj tool. I have never seen one virtual DJ team video with a turntable being used. read the signs. your i dead being adapted by the competition, instead of the people you gave the idea to. New software my ass this the same software with lipstick on the pig. options that are great ideas but basically make no sense in the real world. The answer to all ur drawbacks are within the minds of it communty. This is the thought of users that see the power of virtual dj and notice how its being mishandled and under used. u should add every user on this thread to your beta team just for time code. Don't we seem passionate about this software. doesn't seem like we love this software we just want it to work as told and hyped up about. also we wanna get on these 1200s and demolish that serato traktor user trying to run his mouth. see that's the DJs in this thread. let us help, pick our brains. we mostly like have one of the other DVS systems but still prefer vdj. foes that mean anything to you guys. truely most things that keep people here are things users came up with...certain skins, certain effects...users make up the creation of at least 40% of this software. And I STILL STAND BY ONLY SUPPORT YOUR OWN TIMECODE EVERY OTHER SOFTWARE HAS PROBABLY FIGURED THIS OUT THATS WHY THEY ONLY SUPPORT THEIR OWN TIMECODE. GIVE US CUSTOM VDJ VINYLS GIVE US TIGHT RELIABLE TIMECODE. TIME TO TAKE OFF THE TRAINING WHEELS BECAUSE THE GUYS AROUND YOU ARE TRYYING TO WHEELIE MOUTAIN BIKES. /RANT

the serato and native instruments marketing is based on testimonials to let people think "this is the standard and it's the only one tool needed to scratch properly, because qbert is using it", vdj don't make any fake promotion based on paid testimonials and the final user can use it based on the personal working style, this is what i like.
Vdj 8 scratch quality is better than any of the other competitors out there, it's tight and natural, it only needs to be fine tuned with timecodes that doesn't work properly on every system.
Mixxx is another software that runs with third party timecodes, i think this is not the problem, we just need to understand what a software in the beta stage is, we are all beta testers and our feedback is essential for the final release.
The latest updates demonstrates that the developers are reading here and that are trying to fix the bugs.

how can u in one breathe say something is on point and better then in the next breathe say it needs work. I have used mixxx and its TIMECODE is horrible maybe for baby scratches but when u getting into it u hear the imperfections put it thru the ringer and u will see for yourself. maybe it has improved well let me see it there's an update and test it I'll be right back

i like to try other software sometimes and mixxx is not bad at all for scratching, timecode works fine on v 1.11, then there is not much more functionality such as effects, but for scratching as free software it's good.
Vdj 8 timecodes works for someone and doesn't work for some others, that's because i said it needs some fix, but since the latest updates it works on my setup.

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 6:38 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djmicron wrote :

Man - the more you talk - the more you expose yourself as a hack..

vdj 8 scratch - better than others - you can't be serious...

Vdj had paid testimonials also : https://www.virtualdj.com/djs/
But it didn't catch on because there are better dvs solutions on the market - ie - serato and NI.

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 6:39 pm
Not sure if anyone posted this behavior before, just noticed it tonight:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ectpz1dby613q4/playbeforestart.mp4

Rewinding the vinyl to the beginning of the waveform and keep rewinding until record sticker on the skin does not rewind any further. The track plays for a few seconds then stops - even though the waveform is not yet displayed.

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 11:45 pm
i also get this on 1200s and vci400

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 12:01 am
The point here is that VDJ8 as far as the company is concerned is released as a full product but many users still see it as beta or incomplete. TC needs work, Karaoke needs work, macro function is incomplete.

Here's a quote from Babis in another thread:

djdad wrote :
Where did you see the "beta" word ?
We still develop and improve version 8, but if you havent read the news, version 8 is officially released

Maybe a play with words but after some testing this week still very much beta to me. Even Atomix state you should use version 7 for that important gig.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 1:52 am
It's been in beta sooo freaking long
It's was in public beta for how long?
They knew we had several serious issue's with TC, still they went for a public release..
I wonder why they did that
I know there aren't many timecode users who use VDJ but that has a reason.. IMO it never worked like it should or like other software could make it work.
This however is no reason to not fix it.. how else can we convince ppl to step over or atleast give VDJ a decent try?
I have several friends who switch between serato & traktor depending on what they do, I however haven't asked them yet to try out VDJ & I won't untill it works flawless for me.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 2:29 am
It sucks for people who want to use time codes (TCV) and play videos, like myself. Serato video is beyond HORRIBLE, and since I use a PC I cant use Mix Emergency. If I was strictly audio, then I would use Serato 100% of the time. But I'm kind of stuck using VDJ with my DDJ controller only due to vids. I can use my TCV with Version 7 without too many issues, but trying to play vids on V8 with TCV....it's DJ suicide!

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 9:43 am
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I find it mildly amusing that the almost everyone who uses vdj8, be it home or Le or pro, thinks that v8 is still a beta! Must be because it still feels like a beta to most user, too much bugs and issues.

I imagine in my mind that somewhere on a deserted island, there is a small cabin with a stressed out programmer inside, trying to iron out the bugs and ripping out his hair xD /jk

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 10:27 am
xgl_dj wrote :
djmicron wrote :

But it didn't catch on because there are better dvs solutions on the market - ie - serato and NI.

yeah, i don't see qbert on the list, it was the sense of my post.

i'm sorry if vdj 8 doesn't work for you, it works here and i'm serious about scratch quality, so, don't be bothered every time someone reports that it works.

Serato and traktor are good, but you are forced to buy a specific hardware to use it, or in the case of traktor scratch you have to trick the system and change the audio card name inside the registry, then, if you have spent some money for the hardware and vdj doesn't work for you, it make sense to use competitors software.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 11:43 am
Coldcut, da beatjunkies, muggs and even snoop dog himself, guess that's not bad also, but tbh, I don't think anyone of them is using Vdj, except for snoop who seems to be still on v5 lol

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 3:54 pm
djmicron wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :
[quote=djmicron]

i'm sorry if vdj 8 doesn't work for you, it works here and i'm serious about scratch quality, so, don't be bothered every time someone reports that it works.

Serato and traktor are good, but you are forced to buy a specific hardware to use it, or in the case of traktor scratch you have to trick the system and change the audio card name inside the registry, then, if you have spent some money for the hardware and vdj doesn't work for you, it make sense to use competitors software.

I think why he comments like that its because u are the only 1 saying that it works and u are not having no problem with timecode and if u take scratching seriously make a video to show that it work .and what type of scratches are u doing.baby scratches.?or other

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 4:20 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
The point here is that VDJ8 as far as the company is concerned is released as a full product but many users still see it as beta or incomplete. TC needs work, Karaoke needs work, macro function is incomplete.

Here's a quote from Babis in another thread:

djdad wrote :
Where did you see the "beta" word ?
We still develop and improve version 8, but if you havent read the news, version 8 is officially released

Maybe a play with words but after some testing this week still very much beta to me. Even Atomix state you should use version 7 for that important gig.

Ha - yeah i seen that thread - a while ago - the staff was saying vdj was still in its beta stage... They always trying to push how wonderful the software is; and how much users have no problems - whenever someone complains about it.

They need to resolve these bugs faster..

My interest in vdj is fading - they drew me back in with this version 8 release - I now I am just about ready to leave again..

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 4:49 pm
djmicron wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :
djmicron wrote :

FYI - Qbert is not only famous notable dj - and to say qbert is not on the list - you are discounting the other dope dj's on the list...

But anyways - I am going leave alone now...

DEVS lets get this timecodes fixed.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 4:55 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
I use jmf3600 in browser mode...nothing but wave and tracks

how did you set the skin to show this view with the big vertical scratchwaves and the sampler in the wavezone? i cant find any option regards that view, thx

Posted Sat 16 Aug 14 @ 3:09 am
Advokut wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
I use jmf3600 in browser mode...nothing but wave and tracks

how did you set the skin to show this view with the big vertical scratchwaves and the sampler in the wavezone? i cant find any option regards that view, thx

next to the browser button when in browser view click that plus sign check scratch, For the sampler, on the button wave of the mode selections, right click and open the hidden wave option the check sampler, but he has added more options to hidden wave. but to change the view of the rhythm
window are under hidden wave

Posted Sat 16 Aug 14 @ 10:07 am
no available for the moment, only some people get it, because there is a bug in the view maximized (fullscreen and windowed ok). In the next uploading, there wont be the scratch if i don't find the pb for the automatic resize or put it but to writ, it don't work good in maximized ( one luck on 100)...

pb with maximized, the resize want not to do in the height when i add the big scratch in the xml file

juan

Posted Sat 16 Aug 14 @ 10:22 am
This thread has become spam... I think a new thread should be created where DEVS can get useful info

Posted Sat 16 Aug 14 @ 1:29 pm
62%