Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I was just playing around with the program and try something out. I would like to know if this happens to anyone else. While playing a song using TCC/TCV from your keyboard or on screen press reverse. The sound was horrible please let us know your outcome.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 1:43 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Just tried hooking my CD players up to my VMS4.1 for a little wicky-wicky session with the version 8 timecode. After a quick tweak of my soundcard's buffer settings, I've got to say it sounds great, and waaay more responsive than the old engine. Hats off to you clever coding people, reckon you've cracked it this time! :)

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 2:49 pm
And yes... I know my desk is a mess.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 2:49 pm
audio000 wrote :
I was just playing around with the program and try something out. I would like to know if this happens to anyone else. While playing a song using TCC/TCV from your keyboard or on screen press reverse. The sound was horrible please let us know your outcome.

Not something I would normally do but will defiantly give it a try when I get home tonight.

@djsherz, glad to hear it's working good for you. The team has put in a lot of work on this.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 3:02 pm
You can tell, it's a whole other world away from the old timecode engine!

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 3:22 pm
I notice on 8, I cannot assign more then one deck to a set of channels on the maya 44. for instance I assign decks 1 & 3 to output 1&2 and 2&4 to outputs 3&4. Only one deck can be assigned because if you assign more then one, the first deck assigned to the channel has no sound output. This works on 7.4.. Timecode works fine...

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 8:55 pm
Two questions I haven't found answers to, yet:

- (How) can I configure VDJ 8 in a way like the former versions to automatically select the deck I'm moving the TC-vinyl on?
- (How) can I configure VDJ 8 in a way like the former versions to continue playing at the end of my VDJ timecode vinyl in smart mode?

Any hint will be appreciated =)

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 4:47 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
inDOKnito wrote :
Two questions I haven't found answers to, yet:

- (How) can I configure VDJ 8 in a way like the former versions to automatically select the deck I'm moving the TC-vinyl on?

Try "autoHeadphones" set to "always"

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 4:50 am
PachN wrote :
Try "autoHeadphones" set to "always"

That did the trick up to 7.4, but unfortunately not in 8. =/

Thanks for your answer, though!

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:21 am
beatbreaker1

I was trying to find out were you able to do any testing for me on the
reverse issue this is a good feature for just when you want to have some
fun (some records sound cool going backwards I guess I'm telling my age old
house DJs did this all the time) But most importantly I use it for slip
mode. Not to sound like everyone else but this did work fine in v7

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:48 pm
they should of left some feature from 7.4 and just improve it on v8 .v7.4 had some good feature like u can tighten up the scratch but just improve it on v8.on v8 the scratch is not clean like in 7.4 but in v8 it more responses they should but audio config to in virtual dj 8

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 1:32 am
need some good config to set up timecode with the number it is harder anybody has figured it out yet so that it is tight and clear. help

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 1:56 am
angelt99 wrote :
need some good config to set up timecode with the number it is harder anybody has figured it out yet so that it is tight and clear. help

try setting pitchQuality (options >performances with expert settings checked) to 1. That should at least remove most crackle

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:46 am
dasouth2004 wrote :
angelt99 wrote :

try setting pitchQuality (options >performances with expert settings checked) to 1. That should at least remove most crackle

i will try it let u know if it good or not thanks

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:13 pm
Curious about the result.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:27 pm
audio000 wrote :
beatbreaker1

I was trying to find out were you able to do any testing for me on the
reverse issue this is a good feature for just when you want to have some
fun (some records sound cool going backwards I guess I'm telling my age old
house DJs did this all the time) But most importantly I use it for slip
mode. Not to sound like everyone else but this did work fine in v7

Been busy but I've got a free night so I'll try this out for you tonight.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:29 pm
HI, is there a new timecode CD for VDJ8 ?

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 11:01 am
i don't know i try with the hercules rmx 2 alot of popping and i set pitch quality 1 and still popping .so know i am trying american audio 10mxr and there it sound better know popping but the scratch in some cue point like dabble up .need help with setting for the hercules rmx2 and with american audio 10 mxr for timecode but with 10mxr sound great just need to tighten the scratches .help and on both alot of the function button don't work .i do not so far virtual dj 8 is all screwed up or is i do not know how to mess with it in v7

i am a master at it but in vdj 8 i dont know help. thanks

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 11:49 am
djrickmhaiti wrote :

No Sir

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 12:21 pm
audio000 wrote :
djrickmhaiti wrote :

No Sir

Is there anybody working at the remaining timecode issues?
So far, I found nothing on the end-of-the-timecode-problem.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 3:47 pm
6%