Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok I was able to get this thing to work now (after soon Sleep)

Win 7 64-Bit with Hercules Deejay Trim 4&6 (ASIO) this is (Serato TCC)

but like inDOKnito I to get cracking and popping while scratching or just cueing up a song

I will say I love the new sound so far I will need to test it out at a loud club like volume

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:09 pm
audio000 wrote :
but like inDOKnito I to get cracking and popping while scratching or just cueing up a song

Like PhantomDeejay stated - try setting pitchQuality (options >performances with expert settings checked) to 1. That should at least remove most crackle.

About the cueing: Also in performances set songLoadPriority to "low" or "idle". That fixed the issue for me.

Still - is there anyone using VDJ TC vinyl and having the track stopping at the end of the vinyl? Since Serato (afair) has TC on the infinite groove I guess you don't get that.
Also: Why was the RIAA software preamp removed? This narrows down the number of TC-capable interfaces drastically.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:34 am
visionz5 wrote :
Set up my TCV rig last night with it.

- Tech 1200's
- Serato CV2
- American Audio MXR-14

Everything is great. I was able to pull off a couple of juggle routines with zero sticker drift. Much much more tighter control and better sound all together. As someone who has used Serato for a lot of TCV usage, I can honestly say that V8 has surpassed the almighty SSL.

Just played around for an hour with my TCV
I can confirm this, TCV works like a charm now
No drifting, good sound quality on my home system
Used maya44 usb & some old TCV I bought from vdj shop in 2005

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:39 am
prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Was able to just try it out briefly. Huge improvement over 7. I had just given up trying with 7. Will have to play with it for a few hours to confirm. At the moment just using my TM4 input and it is fine. Will go to the club next week and hook up with SL3 and give more feedback.

Thanks VDJ team!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:55 am
Alright sounds like we all agree that timecode is way tighter and more to our liking??

Sounds like now we have to figure out if these pops and crackles are due to our systems or VDJ itself.......

When y'all post can you please post your machine specs and VDJ settings plus your soundcard and what vinyl. Oh and also what is your latency set at for your soundcard.

Remember guys this is your moment and we might still be able to get things tweaked if we find it is the software so please speak up.

Thanks for all the time and input fellas!!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:31 am
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
i would love to, but i desperately need help setting everything up like in v7. I allready tried to explain my issues

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:09 am
Advokut wrote :
i would love to, but i desperately need help setting everything up like in v7. I allready tried to explain my issues

can you screenshot your settings

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:59 am
Ok you all this is my setup for now

Win 7pro 64bit
I5 3570k @ 3.4o
Ram 16
Hercules Deejay Trim 4&6 (ASIO)
Serato TCC

My setting look like this

Not sure why but the sound get really loud on back cues/spin backs

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 1:54 pm
audio000 wrote :

Is this your only problem?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:11 pm
dasouth2004 wrote :
audio000 wrote :

Is this your only problem?

Thats the only problem i have also..tho it seems minimal it affects the sound of the scratch unfavorably. But that is the only problem i notice. And i have my settings alot lower the what he posted i use 44100 without the automatic, and latency set at 64 without the automatic. I removed the automatic so it stays consistent without having to process for those fields.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:42 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:19 pm
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use Numark ttx-USB turntables, using line level connections, no ground is needed

Serato time coded vinyls

Native instruments audio 8 sound card

Hp laptop

When I try to use my time codes I keep seeing that my signal is too high. How can I reduce the signal?

I've been using time coded vinyl with virtual dj since vdj3. I had to stop when I downloaded 7.4. The time codes never seemed to work. I was hoping with this version I could go back.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 7:24 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Did you choose "serato" in options - timecode?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 7:34 am
You sure the Audio 8 isn't set to "phono"?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 7:38 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gonna have a play with this timecode malarkey tonight - I have the choice of my VMS4.1 or an ESI U46DJ soundcard, will let you know how I get on with it! :)

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 7:43 am
there are no setting to make the scratch tighter like in v7 i have hercules rmx2 using timecode and u here poping and the scratches are not to clean noway to adjust it i have the latency on 256 and i try it on 64 to same thing i even try it on 4096 still poping sound and crackling to.and for the timecode i am using serato cvo2.5 can anybody help

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 10:46 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Change 'pitchQuality' to 1 and see if that improves things.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 10:47 am
PachN wrote :
Did you choose "serato" in options - timecode?

Yes.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 12:01 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
You sure the Audio 8 isn't set to "phono"?

its set for timecode vinyl. I dont see an option to select "phono" on the hardware. Would it be in the software that came with the audio 8? If it is I will give it a shot tonight when I get home.
I have been using timecodes since VDJ 3. in 7.4 I began having problems with my pitch control, if I nudged it up the music would play faster and faster, if I nudged it down the music would play slower and slower.
I have been using midi controllers with VDJ, which is fine, but I love playing with timecodes.

When I use my traktor timecoded vinyls and audio 8 with traktor everything works fine.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 12:09 pm
It been a while since I've used an Audio 8 but I thought you could select line or phono in it's control panel. I know I can do this with SL3.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 12:26 pm
4%