Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 27

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

uses the maya44 usb like always & same settings as I use on vinyl, only changed disk types in the config
As I stated in the hardware section thread I made b4.. It's a working day & not at my place so not much time to mess around with settings.. Is why I asked for some input upfront..

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 12:27 pm
i will always say trash that maya44usb...and get a soundcard with its own power. That maya44 always caused me problems. I dont why its recommended, its a horrible sound card.

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 12:44 pm
Don't have problems with vinyl & the maya, had same usb stuff hooked up as always, in the same ports

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 2:55 pm
dasouth2004 wrote :
Don't have problems with vinyl & the maya, had same usb stuff hooked up as always, in the same ports

I did a 3 hour set today using the old time code cd with CDJ 2000 and my traktor A6 card and it worked flawless. The engine could be tuned a bit but a lot better and more accurate than when I was using the Serato time codes. I also own a Maya card but the audio quality and gain on it is so poor compared to my A6

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 5:08 pm
dasouth2004 wrote :

The maya being powered by the usb port is a turn off for me, i also started with it, but upgraded as soon as i saved enough

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 5:43 pm
Being usb powered isn't a bad thing....... My SL3 is bus powered, my NI AUDIO 8 is bus powered, there's tons of great soundcards that are bus powered.

The truth is the Maya just doesn't sound good on a pro system........

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 5:57 pm
Thats why i bought a mixer with a soundcard in it

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 9:56 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Jumping while scatching with Serato Vinyls should be fixed in the current beta (1907)

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 7:39 am
PachN wrote :
Jumping while scatching with Serato Vinyls should be fixed in the current beta (1907)

Do u know for a fact or just guessing? IF so that will be great finger are cross.

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 7:45 am
That was officially announced in the regression bug forum a couple of minutes ago.

Haven't tried yet, but you should get this beta version if you have getBetaBuilds enabled.

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 7:57 am
At least they are watching, my faith is restored... The problem isn't fully solved but i'm now confident it will eventually get resolved

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 10:02 am
build 1907.763, working great here with the serato timecode in smart mode.

Thanks Atomix.

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 11:23 am
djmicron wrote :
build 1907.763, working great here with the serato timecode in smart mode.

Thanks Atomix.

CD or VINYL?

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 11:49 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djmicron - since you have contradicted your self multiple times you need to................

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 11:55 am
hi, i'm talking about serato vinyl timecode.
Is it working for the others?

xgl_dj wrote :
djmicron - since you have contradicted your self multiple times you need to................

i'm reporting my experience, what are the dots hiding?

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 12:45 pm
Serato TCV with relative mode, no jumping at the beginning of the track when scratching, and no sticker driftes so far...

I keep testing...

Oh, there was this issue with the needle dopped on the TCV but not spinning the platter. And suddently the loaded track started freaking out. Spinning forward, backward, scratching... This was reported before, and I tried to reproduce it, but wasn't able...

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 1:35 pm
PachN wrote :
Serato TCV with relative mode, no jumping at the beginning of the track when scratching, and no sticker driftes so far...

I keep testing...

Oh, there was this issue with the needle dopped on the TCV but not spinning the platter. And suddently the loaded track started freaking out. Spinning forward, backward, scratching... This was reported before, and I tried to reproduce it, but wasn't able...

I am still getting sticker Drift no jumping when scratching at the beginning of the track but still start off the same way in the beginning of the track it jump in to fast still on serato timecode vinyl.so I rate it now at 75% still not there 100% yet.but finger are cross

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 4:46 pm
as I cruise along nicely with vdj timecode

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 6:43 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
as I cruise along nicely with vdj timecode

KOOL but what are you going to do when u wear out your vdj timecode vinyl there is know way to get more. I look can not find them no where i only see the 1 i got NUMARK VIRTUAL DJ VINYL.

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 6:55 pm
I've been checking with some of the custom vinyl makers I think I'm just gonna have some custom one made for the consumer file

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 7:07 pm
56%