Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 28

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Sticker drift is my main concern right now. On CDJs i'm experiencing sticker drift and cue drift, it has been improved with the use of VDJ timecode but the drift is still there. The team should create a special time code for VDJ 8 as the engine is completely different to 7, this would mean pressing and selling new vinyls and distributors. I don't see ATOMIX doing that anytime soon so they need to improve the way the software read the current ones available. Start with the NUMARK/VDJ vinyls as they seem to be more stable, more calibration needs to be done by the software or allow users to toggle manual settings

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 8:04 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
After further testing I too got sticker drift. But can't really reproduce it, it's only sometimes.

Here's were I have experienced some sticker drift:
If I let play 4 or 8 Beats, do a "normal" backspin and again let it play, there is no sticker drift.
If I do the same but with a very fast backspin I get sometimes a sticker drift.

I found 2 possible explanations why this is happening.

1. The force of a fast backspin on the platter is too high and the needle might jump a tiny bit.
2. If you do the backspin the BPM are changing... and after the backspin it takes approx. 1/4 rotation for the BPM to get back to normal. Maybe that's the cause for a sticker drift.

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 2:13 am
I do not know it like i am the only 1 complaining about the beginning of the track starting to fast. how do u guys mix in the song and scratch in a song .not with all tracks u can catch the beat in 2 to 4 to 8 second of a track or in the middle but most song when u mix it in its in the beginning. so how come i am the only 1 complaining on how the the song starts and it jumps in to fast? on SERATO timecode vinyl this really need to be fix because that where we mix from .

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 2:58 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
As said before, (for me) no jumping at the beginning anymore.

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 3:25 am
angelt99 wrote :
I do not know it like i am the only 1 complaining about the beginning of the track starting to fast. how do u guys mix in the song and scratch in a song .not with all tracks u can catch the beat in 2 to 4 to 8 second of a track or in the middle but most song when u mix it in its in the beginning. so how come i am the only 1 complaining on how the the song starts and it jumps in to fast? on SERATO timecode vinyl this really need to be fix because that where we mix from .

You not the only one bro, I too experience this... it snaps into the first beat of each song. The only reason why i'm not complaining about that as much is because on CDs i'm able to set cue points with the deck. When I scratch it always snaps into the first beat

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 4:02 am
PachN wrote :
As said before, (for me) no jumping at the beginning anymore.

its not that the track jumps the song start to fast on some tracks when u grab the beginning of a track and u are getting ready to mix it in u hold the platter and the timecode vinyl is on the platter of course and u bring it back and forward and right before u release it the track beat u to it and u get off beat .especially the tracks that start right on point .so it make it in possible to beat juggle into the beginning of a track because it start to fast or just your basic mix it in.After the beginning its good..

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 5:07 am
Looks like I'm done testing...
TCV is officially broken for me since last beta build :(

Maya44 usb, build 1907.763 on pc (win7 ultimate 64 bit)
got the following vynil
http://www.americanmusical.com/ItemImages/Large/43074.jpg

Unable to decode position no matter what..

Same setup as b4, only disconnected the maya on monday to use cdj's..
didn't move the 1200's or messed with them

EDIT : Fixed by swapping left with right channels on each deck... guess the auto-config still needs some work

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 5:37 am
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
angelt99 wrote :

You not the only one bro, I too experience this... it snaps into the first beat of each song. The only reason why i'm not complaining about that as much is because on CDs i'm able to set cue points with the deck. When I scratch it always snaps into the first beat

are all ur smart functions turned off

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 12:07 pm
Since we have most timecode users here can we turn this thread into a sticky discussion so timecode user can have our own permanent thread so we dont get lost in the shuffle.

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 4:59 pm
I'll just bump ever few days, lol!!

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 5:24 pm
me too

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 5:45 pm
I have a question for TCV users what skin are you using and why.

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 5:54 pm
VDJ:BUILD 1907:
-Improvement for motorized jog wheels holding the platter
-Fix position jumping while scratching with serato vinyl
-Possible fix for crash on playing cdg files in some cases
-Drag&Drop from Finder working on mac
-Fix empty custom_button used from a controller
-virtualfolder_add fix
-prelisten off fix
-ONEXIT/ONINIT called when switching controller mapping
BUILD 1902:
- fix problems with the autoupdate sometimes not updating correctly

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 7:10 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
I have a question for TCV users what skin are you using and why.

using the default 4 decks skin.

The reason is that i prefer to have basic functionality on the display and use controllers for other tasks.

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 7:25 pm
I use jmf3600 in browser mode...nothing but wave and tracks

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 9:20 pm
Let's keep this thread clean and for trouble shooting, bugs, etc, etc. besides you already have a thread going talking about what skin you use. Stick to that one please.......

Posted Fri 08 Aug 14 @ 6:07 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Indeed - thread clutter makes it harder for the development team to get information.

Posted Fri 08 Aug 14 @ 8:32 am
i understand but yeah whatever...

Posted Fri 08 Aug 14 @ 12:38 pm
BUG! DEVS

When loading another song while one is already playing on deck, only some portions of the new song gets loaded

On vinyl the software snaps into the song when moving platter/turntable back and forth, doesn't have a smooth transition when going into the first beat(minor initial pitch change at start of track starts fast then slows down to normal speed)

Sticker drift on both Serato and VDJ vinyl

THANK YOU HAVE A NICE DAY

Posted Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 8:35 pm
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
BUG! DEVS

When loading another song while one is already playing on deck, only some portions of the new song gets loaded

On vinyl the software snaps into the song when moving platter/turntable back and forth, doesn't have a smooth transition when going into the first beat(minor initial pitch change at start of track starts fast then slows down to normal speed)

Sticker drift on both Serato and VDJ vinyl

THANK YOU HAVE A NICE DAY

I am having the same problem we need this issue bugs fix .asap please please please.it killing me the way I mix now it off beat I have to press the cue button to get it on point but I like to scratch in and mix.dev we need timecode help.

Posted Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 11:13 pm
58%