Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 25

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djmicron wrote :
my feedback at the moment is:

vdj timecode works perfect in smart, relative and absolute mode

serato timecode only works in relative mode or it will generate random skips.

Inside vdj 7 timecode settings, there is a "silence" parameter to avoid unwanted skips when the platter is running and the hand is on the vinyl, this is possibly a task that on vdj 8 is done automatically and still to be fine tuned.

Vdj timecodes - you are talking about CD's right... Got to be..

I don't think they even sell virtual dj records in stores anymore.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 12:33 pm
I have vdj time code vinyl...andsince v8 these are what have performed better for me . and actually for 299. maybe consider them part of the package.. I rather spin time code matching software. and since I'm talking, 99 decks is wasted technology how about 4 decks and use the some of that power from the other 95 decks and implement 2 optional post fader effects

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 1:21 pm
xgl_dj wrote :
djmicron wrote :
my feedback at the moment is:

vdj timecode works perfect in smart, relative and absolute mode

serato timecode only works in relative mode or it will generate random skips.

Inside vdj 7 timecode settings, there is a "silence" parameter to avoid unwanted skips when the platter is running and the hand is on the vinyl, this is possibly a task that on vdj 8 is done automatically and still to be fine tuned.

Vdj timecodes - you are talking about CD's right... Got to be..

I don't think they even sell virtual dj records in stores anymore.

hi, i'm talking about vinyl timecode, i don't know if they are still for sale, i have some i bought some years ago.

The serato timecode cd is fine if used over digital output where there isn't background noise, so i'm almost sure that the "silence parameter" available on vdj 7 and missing on vdj 8 can fix the timecode issues.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 1:21 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Or just drop it all together..........

if they drop timecode i want my money back and you can lock my account cause i have no use for software with no timecode.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 4:40 pm
I been working out these vdj vinyl and i have no more problems no drift, skipping, gonna do some 1 to 2 mixing and see if the speeding up problem is still there....but im done im just going to use vdj timecode. If im not mistaken they are still listed for sale in the merchandise section. Plus i starting to enjoy having the vdj label on my turntables. Never understood the need to use serato vinyl or timecode when you have your own, time to stomp with the big dogs, right now we on the porch looking
off.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 4:45 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
I been working out these vdj vinyl and i have no more problems no drift, skipping, gonna do some 1 to 2 mixing and see if the speeding up problem is still there....but im done im just going to use vdj timecode. If im not mistaken they are still listed for sale in the merchandise section. Plus i starting to enjoy having the vdj label on my turntables. Never understood the need to use serato vinyl or timecode when you have your own, time to stomp with the big dogs, right now we on the porch looking
off.

Vdj timecode vinyl work exactly the same as serato on virtual Dj 8 I am going to do a video so u can see .But I agree with they should just forcus on vdj vinyl to get it right .but I been using vdj vinyl and in the beginning of the track it still jumps in to soon like serato timecode I don't have jumping so much on both timecode vinyl .and it still speed up on virtual Dj timecode vinyl to.trying to get the time to do a video.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 5:28 pm
im not having the jumping i the beginning i used to but what i did to fix it might not apply to others

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 6:50 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
im not having the jumping i the beginning i used to but what i did to fix it might not apply to others

here i just did 2 video's so u can see look at the whole video everybody in the timecode forum and the dev team.this is crazy i have to keep doing video's and still get no help from the dev team.To Djratedxxx919 i curse in the video but its not towards u.it for the software get me piss off u will see in the video's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WzMBZSSHGM&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PII62S34aUc

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 8:05 pm
angelt99 wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

here i just did 2 video's so u can see look at the whole video everybody in the timecode forum and the dev team.this is crazy i have to keep doing video's and still get no help from the dev team.To Djratedxxx919 i curse in the video but its not towards u.it for the software get me piss off u will see in the video's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WzMBZSSHGM&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PII62S34aUc

hi,
my vdj timecode is a different version, its label is a big straight virtualdj logo in white and black on a red background and i bought it back in 2007, i don't know if the timecode is the same as yours
My serato vinyl is cv02.5.
I tried setting up serato timecode while using the virtualdj one and it apparently works, but pitch is wrong and the timecode analysis shows "no position", then i tried setting up virtualdj timecode while using serato and similar result as before, apparently it works, but wrong pitch and no position detected.
If you play the turntable while the timecode window is open, you should see that no position is detected when using the wrong timecode brand.
I can't try serato software, it surely handles the timecode in a different way, i'd try absolute mode to see if the position is right when virtualdj timecode is used under serato, but on vdj 8 it's enough to invert the L/R channels and it doesn't work and also inverting one channel phase it will play backwards.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 9:26 pm
Im uploading a video now doing the same thing as you are but im not getting these problems anymore...how did you set lead to 500,000...is it like 0.5000000 or 5.000000
oh yea my lead-in is 10.000000

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 9:38 pm
To Djratedxxx919

wow nice see i need it just like the way u have it.ok i see u are using the m70 for soundcard can u show me what setting u are using on vdj 8 can u take a pic so i could see? I do not know what wrong here it crazy .I have the numark D.V.S timecode vinyl i see u have the old vdj timecode vinyl but there are suppose to be the same single .You think it my computer i will try it with another laptop or maybe i should do a fresh install on my computer but i do not what to erase my data.So when you do use serato the problem occur right . but something wrong and we still get no help from the dev team but they still have to fix serato timecode vinyl or just focus on just vdj timecode. but thank's a lot for showing me the video. you are 100% right and i see your timecode is good with vdj vinyl .And also how do u upload the video to show on the forum like that ? and i might have to go buy the vinyl you got.But i do not think they sale those timecode vinyl no more i press on the link from vdj timecode page it take me into buying serato timecode vinyl

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 11:35 pm
i dont have gig tonight so im going to do some screenshots real quick

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 1:06 am
angelt99 wrote :
To Djratedxxx919

wow nice see i need it just like the way u have it.ok i see u are using the m70 for soundcard can u show me what setting u are using on vdj 8 can u take a pic so i could see? I do not know what wrong here it crazy .I have the numark D.V.S timecode vinyl i see u have the old vdj timecode vinyl but there are suppose to be the same single .You think it my computer i will try it with another laptop or maybe i should do a fresh install on my computer but i do not what to erase my data.So when you do use serato the problem occur right . but something wrong and we still get no help from the dev team but they still have to fix serato timecode vinyl or just focus on just vdj timecode. but thank's a lot for showing me the video. you are 100% right and i see your timecode is good with vdj vinyl .And also how do u upload the video to show on the forum like that ? and i might have to go buy the vinyl you got.But i do not think they sale those timecode vinyl no more i press on the link from vdj timecode page it take me into buying serato timecode vinyl

why arent you using the soundcard on your mixer

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 1:21 am
The older VDJ vinyl has a louder output, I may have to give it a test run. It's strange that different time codes give varied results, this problem can be solved if they added a time code debug like in version 7 where the silence can be adjusted and so on

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 8:11 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
angelt99 wrote :
To Djratedxxx919

why arent you using the soundcard on your mixer

I have. it does the same thing and the latency on the american audio 10mxr suck it not strong enough there is a little delay when i scratch but i have try it and it still does the same thing.So the HERCULES RMX 2 AND THE SERATO SL3 AND THE AMERICAN AUDIO 10MXR MIXER AND THE AMERICAN AUDIO DV2 MIXER do the same thing in TIMECODE VINYL.So 4 different soundcard i have and i try them all and the results are they do the same exact thing in the timecode vinyl .so the timecode i am using is NUMARK VIRTUAL VINYL AND SERATO CVO2 AND SERATO Performance Series Vinyl and all the same results i get. Can not call it need help FROM the the dev team.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 8:22 am
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
The older VDJ vinyl has a louder output, I may have to give it a test run. It's strange that different time codes give varied results, this problem can be solved if they added a time code debug like in version 7 where the silence can be adjusted and so on

Timecodes are different, that why a lot of timecodes are not compatible with eachother. Serato has its own trademark tone called noise map. Traktor and mixvibes use 2khz smpte tone. And im starting to believe serato is embedding an algorithm that only known by them and software like vdj are having a time decoding.

And being now there are only 4 dvs systems left, VDJ, SDJ, traktor and mixvibes. Im not sure but i dont think, even tho traktor and mixvibes a 2 khz smpte, that they are compatible with eachothers timecode. So being compatible with all those timecode has to be causing problems.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 9:17 am
Ok i just try another laptop and did a fresh install of vdj 8 and i am only using my american audio 10mxr mixer and just numark vdj timecode vinyl and the same results in the beginning of the track and i tried using RELATIVE ABSOLUTE AND SMART MODE SAME EXACT THING.So i can not call it.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 9:34 am
So far it seems like DJ ratedxxx and Micron are the only ones experiencing problem free time codes... they both are using the old CDJ vinyl, could this be a contributing factor?

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 12:12 pm
Just throwing out a question. Could it be your tone arm, cartridge, or turntable settings?

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 1:30 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It could - but it is not - it is the software..

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 1:34 pm
52%