Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 24

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The "jumping" at that start of the track happens anywhere on the record - that is not a lead in problem.

The lead in setting only resolves when you have cue-burn/excessive wear at the beginning of the record and need to set the start position further in on the record.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 12:14 pm
xgl_dj wrote :
The "jumping" at that start of the track happens anywhere on the record - that is not a lead in problem.

The lead in setting only resolves when you have cue-burn/excessive wear at the beginning of the record and need to set the start position further in on the record.

the lead in for me help with the record hitting the styli housing, so bring the lead-in up i have no more skipping in the beginning of the record, so it solves more than just burn in. Especially if your using m44-7 because of the wide styli housing and most djs putting to much weight on them can cause this skipping from the housing hit the record.

Also next time it skips in the record look and see if its going across the separators in the record..

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 12:58 pm
angelt99 wrote :
TO Djratedxxx919

see thats not the problem in the beginning of the track its how the track start it jumps into a song to quickly .look at the video i did and u will see the problem.and if we can come up with a fix for this it will be good that what we mean the the first 2 second is off the jumping into a track causes it to jump and skip in the first 2 second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkdCZ1FmfYQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWJrnBqF2Dw

hey can you put the camera on the needle when do that scratch so i can see the the needle? cause thats alot of movement .

I think the problem with the pitch moving is about pitch sensitivity, the pitch sensitivity usually fixes that...with being able to make it delay in reading pitch changes, this one thing V7 had over traktor. Cause with traktor the pitch goes crazy when your scratching.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 1:03 pm
Ok as soon as I get home from work I will do a video with vdj timecode and serato timecode vinyl. Is it just me thats having this problem in the beginning of the track.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 3:19 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :

the lead in for me help with the record hitting the styli housing, so bring the lead-in up i have no more skipping in the beginning of the record, so it solves more than just burn in. Especially if your using m44-7 because of the wide styli housing and most djs putting to much weight on them can cause this skipping from the housing hit the record.

Also next time it skips in the record look and see if its going across the separators in the record..

You might just be applying a unnecessary band-aid or a fake fix. Lead in time is only for the beginning of the record - or the portion of the record which has the most wear. You shouldn't need a lead in adjustment mid-record - when you drop a new track.

Think your needles may not be set up properly - because I also use the M44-7 - your needles are not supposed to be hitting the housing. The recommended weight for those carts is 1.5 to 3.0 grams.

Besides all that - I have been scratch live for a long time and I never had this jumping issue that I get in vdj - so I know it is not a equipment issue.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 4:41 pm
Angel looking at your weight seems to be set-up to the Myth directions...take a look at these videos on how to set it up...

Height adjustment

anti-skate

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 6:00 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
angelt99 wrote :
Ok as soon as I get home from work I will do a video with vdj timecode and serato timecode vinyl. Is it just me thats having this problem in the beginning of the track.

i get it too, but thats the only bug left for me ;)

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 6:39 pm
It is a simple case of software not tracking the timecode properly, people with different sound cards and time code vinyls will get different results, fragmentation issues. This shouldn't be the case though which is why I believe time code settings are too limited in VDJ8. We don't even know contingencies they have for skipping or how it's being calibrated. I did a 3 hour set today again and it only skipped once, from mid track to end of track and i'm using CDJs. While scratching the beginning of a track I did notice sometime it would drift about 5 seconds in. The problem is software no amount of adjusting tone arm will fix it as the same symptoms do occur on CD players in vinyl mode

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 8:11 pm
The counterweight turned backwards should not be an issue - many scratch dj's do this - other software handles this without a hiccup.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 8:44 pm
Advokut wrote :
angelt99 wrote :

i get it too, but thats the only bug left for me ;)

Yeah me to thats the only bug that and the sticker drift. But I will be posting the video

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 8:45 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Angel looking at your weight seems to be set-up to the Myth directions...take a look at these videos on how to set it up...

Height adjustment

anti-skate

Yeah I been look at those Video's I posted them up last week.I don't think , that the problem.for the beginning of the track to start that way.it have to be a software issue.I am not the only 1 with this problem

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 8:54 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
xgl_dj wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :

You might just be applying a unnecessary band-aid or a fake fix. Lead in time is only for the beginning of the record - or the portion of the record which has the most wear. You shouldn't need a lead in adjustment mid-record - when you drop a new track.

Think your needles may not be set up properly - because I also use the M44-7 - your needles are not supposed to be hitting the housing. The recommended weight for those carts is 1.5 to 3.0 grams.

Besides all that - I have been scratch live for a long time and I never had this jumping issue that I get in vdj - so I know it is not a equipment issue.

Well this is a real bug which it's very annoying , but I think all dj are having this issue in vdj8 ,I have the same problem but I guess this issue o bug the teamers of atomix they'll find the way to fix on nexts builds.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 8:56 pm
WOW rely another update and still no fixes for timecode vinyl this is getting crazy right now what the hell is going on WITH you guys the ( DEV TEAM ) are killing me .NEED FIXES FOR TIMECODE PLEASE.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 5:59 pm
is anything better using the VDJ vinyl

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 9:36 pm
my feedback at the moment is:

vdj timecode works perfect in smart, relative and absolute mode

serato timecode only works in relative mode or it will generate random skips.

Inside vdj 7 timecode settings, there is a "silence" parameter to avoid unwanted skips when the platter is running and the hand is on the vinyl, this is possibly a task that on vdj 8 is done automatically and still to be fine tuned.

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 10:09 am
angelt99 wrote :
WOW rely another update and still no fixes for timecode vinyl this is getting crazy right now what the hell is going on WITH you guys the ( DEV TEAM ) are killing me .NEED FIXES FOR TIMECODE PLEASE.

I'll be more than happy when they do! Maybe they don't know how they can fix it yet though...

-- DJ Creativity

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 10:43 am
djmicron wrote :

Inside vdj 7 timecode settings, there is a "silence" parameter to avoid unwanted skips when the platter is running and the hand is on the vinyl, this is possibly a task that on vdj 8 is done automatically and still to be fine tuned.

So are you saying it works fine with vdj time code? Strange because everyone says the problem persists on vdj time code also

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 9:16 pm
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
djmicron wrote :

So are you saying it works fine with vdj time code? Strange because everyone says the problem persists on vdj time code also

Yes, here on my setup i'm surprised how well the vdj timecode is working and the serato is ok too if relative mode is engaged.
I see many users are having problems, i think we need the manual timecode setup back, if the automatic mode fails, we can try to manually adjust some parameters.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 10:19 am
djmicron wrote :
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
djmicron wrote :

Yes, here on my setup i'm surprised how well the vdj timecode is working and the serato is ok too if relative mode is engaged.
I see many users are having problems, i think we need the manual timecode setup back, if the automatic mode fails, we can try to manually adjust some parameters.

Dear DeV Team

Its time VDJ make a decision, is it so dire to read every timecode? Is stability more important?
Understanding you rather not look at the practices of others to dictate how you develop your product.
But sometimes the proof is in the reality around you. Every DVS system that has survived until this day
only support their timecode and in following this practice have very stable and accurate timecode. Sometimes
you have to follow the basic standard practice BECAUSE it JUST WORKS. Trying to be accurate with so many
timecodes is whats making this softwares response to timecode less than standard.
This is also keeping a major part of this crafts core community from enjoying this product.
The timecode problems have been a problem with every release and update, But seem to minimize
with use of VDJ timecode. Maybe the solution is as simple as it seems, support only your timecode,
perfect that timecode. Problem solved.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 11:17 am
Or just drop it all together..........

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 11:57 am
50%