Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 23

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Well been putting 8 through the paces again and my setup is working flawlessly!

I'm using 2 Denon 5500's with a the VDJ timecode that can be downloaded from the site on the internal harddrives. Those are running into my RANE SL3 which is set to 5ms of latency. Then I'm using a Pioneer 800 with a usb to midi cable attached cause I do spin videos. Also have a DDJ SP1 plugged in as well as my ZOOM modem which I use for text to screen plugins.

Now I know others here have had problems with cdj's as well but I've always said that it's night n day when it comes to using vinyl timecodes. I haven't got my turntables back out but as I read I'm sure I'll have the same problems as everyone else.

Not sure where I'm going with all this but I do know one thing, my setup using timecodes on the 5500's harddrives and been on point. I'm no Qbert and never claimed to be but I'll try to upload something tomorrow or the day after.

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 10:32 pm
xgl_dj wrote :
^^So basically you came to the same underlining repeating theme in the thread - "timecodes need to be fixed"..

timecode works here, i found a conflict problem between motorized pitch fader and timecode and i shared this, because people without motorized pitch fader on controller could have the same problem without seeing it on the controller...
I think the more information we share, the more developers understand what is wrong.

Sal

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 10:33 pm
I just think they are not hearing us Timecode vinyl & cdj Timecode need some tuning in.Another update and still nothing no fixes for timecode wow this is just crazy.I am tired of trying to get things right in the setting day after day night after night to see if i can come up with a fix with timecode vinyl.I just want to plug in and do my thing and practice for my gigs and virtual dj radio that i do.I have not been able to do virtual dj radio because of the problem with timecode vinyl Suck .AT my gigs i been using Serato so like i said before i am going to switch to serato that software is for guys like me that use timecode vinyl its great with timecode vinyl but now i have to go out and get a sl3 box or sl4 it is very expense when u have 4 kids.BUT soon this is my last post i wish u guys luck just dont get caught up everyday trying to fix this problem like i did tired right now of the bull s_ _ _ they are not going to fix it i will not be surprise they come out later and say they are not going to support Timecode no more and its just a controller software.

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 3:57 am
angelt99 wrote :
I just think they are not hearing us Timecode vinyl & cdj Timecode need some tuning in.Another update and still nothing no fixes for timecode wow this is just crazy.I am tired of trying to get things right in the setting day after day night after night to see if i can come up with a fix with timecode vinyl.I just want to plug in and do my thing and practice for my gigs and virtual dj radio that i do.I have not been able to do virtual dj radio because of the problem with timecode vinyl Suck .AT my gigs i been using Serato so like i said before i am going to switch to serato that software is for guys like me that use timecode vinyl its great with timecode vinyl but now i have to go out and get a sl3 box or sl4 it is very expense when u have 4 kids.BUT soon this is my last post i wish u guys luck just dont get caught up everyday trying to fix this problem like i did tired right now of the bull s_ _ _ they are not going to fix it i will not be surprise they come out later and say they are not going to support Timecode no more and its just a controller software.

Unfortunately he is right... I have also begun making preparations to switch dvs systems to get my time code fix, this will be my last post so i'll just watch from the sidelines. That last update was the last straw for me

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 5:46 am
djmicron wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :
^^So basically you came to the same underlining repeating theme in the thread - "timecodes need to be fixed"..

timecode works here, i found a conflict problem between motorized pitch fader and timecode and i shared this, because people without motorized pitch fader on controller could have the same problem without seeing it on the controller...
I think the more information we share, the more developers understand what is wrong.

Sal

What turntables do you have that have motorized pitch faders. Nevermind.

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 6:21 am
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
angelt99 wrote :

Unfortunately he is right... I have also begun making preparations to switch dvs systems to get my time code fix, this will be my last post so i'll just watch from the sidelines. That last update was the last straw for me

I have been playing with serato dj all night, guys i hate it, yes i get my post fader effects dont have an sl box so just on my vci400, which i cant change the mapping, still havent been able to get my library to show the way i want it to, i hate switching at this point but you guys seem to geared more to the controller guys, so i myself will stop here.
Mixvibes is seeming to be the replacement if your used to virtual dj, Serato just frustrated me and i dont like being frustrated.

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 6:48 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
djmicron wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :

Sal

What turntables do you have that have motorized pitch faders. Nevermind.

Hi,
the motorized pitch fader is on the scs 1.d motorized controller, the turntables are normal turntables.

Regards

Sal

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 11:32 am
Well Ive been at home for the past 2 days (sprained ankle) and my system its been rock solid, no jumping or skipping very little drift. I think Ill be using 8 at next gig. This will be the first time I've used 8 out live since its release!!

And yes Im using CDJ's so that could be a big factor here.......

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 11:56 am
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
as said before, running my soundcard at 11ms latency, 44100hz, vdj latency on auto, scratchfilterquality on 22 and pitchquality set to 1, I only get one bug, beeing that the first two seconds of a track can not be scratched without jittering and skipping around in those two seconds!

am i wrong in thinking i am the only one who only has one problem left to solve using TCV and a USB interface? o_O

edit: forgot to mention, i'm using serato cv02 timecode vinyl b-side and relative mode

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 12:21 pm
i've done a new discovery today, working with several hot cues in smart mode, it's perfect using virtualdj timecodes, it sometimes skips to the end using the serato ones.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 3:52 pm
I did a 3 hour set today not one problem on time codes, latest beta using serato time codes. I pushed it to the limit

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 4:57 pm
I did a 3 hour set today not one problem on time codes, latest beta using serato time codes. I pushed it to the limit

have you used smart mode?

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 6:06 pm
djmicron wrote :

Yup smart mode the entire time, I was surprised at how stable it was... I reduced skinfps to 19 and increased latency on my maya card. Just waiting for my A6 card to arrive then i'll test with that

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 7:41 pm
djmicron wrote :

Yup smart mode the entire time, I was surprised at how stable it was... I reduced skinfps to 19 and increased latency on my maya card. Just waiting for my A6 card to arrive then i'll test with that

Looking at your settings if any of you guys are have troble in the beginning of the timecode vinyl change your lead in time up untill you dont have that problem..i have mine set at 5 seconds (5.0000), because timecode records time code begins at the beginning of the record. Meaning soon as the needle can fit in the groove.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 9:10 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Advokut wrote :
as said before, running my soundcard at 11ms latency, 44100hz, vdj latency on auto, scratchfilterquality on 22 and pitchquality set to 1, I only get one bug, beeing that the first two seconds of a track can not be scratched without jittering and skipping around in those two seconds!

am i wrong in thinking i am the only one who only has one problem left to solve using TCV and a USB interface? o_O

edit: forgot to mention, i'm using serato cv02 timecode vinyl b-side and relative mode

I missed it the first time - so a possible timecode fix is to set scratchfilterquality to 22 or higher number. I will test when I get a chance.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 12:33 am
Advokut wrote :

I know i said that was my last post but i have to say i am having the same problem everything else is good but the first 2 second is where the bug is.Me to only have that bug left if they could solve that we are good to go.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 2:53 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Are you speaking about the first beat bug?

If so, I too have this bug.
But it is only for the first beat and when you drag the track back to 1 beat before the first beat.
Halfway back do a slow forward scratch and it will skip forward to the first beat.

Have to test with different leadin times, but don't think it will change something.
My leadin time is still the default value.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 2:58 am
TO Djratedxxx919

see thats not the problem in the beginning of the track its how the track start it jumps into a song to quickly .look at the video i did and u will see the problem.and if we can come up with a fix for this it will be good that what we mean the the first 2 second is off the jumping into a track causes it to jump and skip in the first 2 second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkdCZ1FmfYQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWJrnBqF2Dw

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 3:03 am
To angel

What is your lead in time? also have you tried the newer serato vinyl or virtual dj vinyl?

To Djratedxx

Thanks for the tip, i'll test it out later

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 5:09 am
[I
To angel

What is your lead in time? also have you tried the newer serato vinyl or virtual dj vinyl?

To Djratedxx

Thanks for the tip, i'll test it out later

Yes u see in the first video I did and i do I have the new serato time code and my lead in time 2.000000 and i try all the way to 10.000000 and i even switch the number around to.u are using cdj timecode it a little different then timecode vinyl its digital .and I try it with the vdj timecode vinyl to i will do a video with vdj timecode vinyl and u see it the same way.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 5:49 am
48%