Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 22

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

angelt99 wrote :
Dj Sky-Trendsetters
Relative mode was always thought to be the most stable, i'll give this a try later thanks

FOR me Relative is better but it still happen all the issues it does not matter what mode it in.It a software issue.[/quote]

Ok I believe smart mode is bugged, no matter what I do it always reverts to smart mode when loading a song... can anyone else confirm this?

It seems to only skip in smart mode

TRY THIS

switch to relative mode
play a track
press stop on the same deck then load another track
mine automatically switches back to smart

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 1:52 pm
for the skipping...is it at the beginning of the track or the record itself?

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 2:00 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

skipping can take place anywhere in the track playing

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 2:21 pm
OK because for a while I had my tonearm set upvlike most scratch DJs are used to...turn around the weight, height adjustment at highest point and it caused a lot of those problems. come from the plastic housing around styli making contact with record. Once I set it up properly I had no more skipping. just the speeding up and drifting would be a problem. so get eye level with ur toearm and see if the plastic housing is touching the record.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 3:06 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

At the beginning of the track is where it at it worst then as the song play its a little better with the scratching. On smart and absolute ITS BAD the scratching to the song is crazy skips all over the place.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 3:07 pm
Lets just put it this way we are all having similar issue.It have to be a software issus.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 3:17 pm
angelt99 wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

At the beginning of the track is where it at it worst then as the song play its a little better with the scratching. On smart and absolute ITS BAD the scratching to the song is crazy skips all over the place.

if its all over the place in absolute mode, I think u guys need to check how you tone arm is setup up..cause if you have where its a lot of weight on the styli it jumping and skipping because when u touch the record with your hand the styli has no room to absorg that shock or the plastic housing around the styli is catching the shock making the needle bounce. so for one more test go on YouTube and find the method to properly setup the tonearm..to much weight and the styli becomes a spring. I notice a a video in this thread where you or one of you said your weight turned around all the up..height adjustment all the way up...that's not the way to setup a turntable. and with time code will cause u all type of problems cause you muffling the time code. just like a record the more weight on the needle the the high end muffles..and since there's no low end of a time code if you start muffling the 1 or 2 kh SMPTE tone it will cause u problems

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 4:37 pm
one more thing turn your lead in time to like 50ms or 100ms and test with the song not start at beginning of the record..that lip at the beginning of the vinyl might be interfering. also make sure your anti skate is setup proprly ..could be pushing the needle out the groove..
and when u say its more stable in relative mode is because relative mode only reads forward or backward so position is not a factor...thats what makes me think you guys show setup the tonearm properly set or make sure anti skate is working this are the things that make 1200s stable..not just the weight

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 4:46 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
one more thing turn your lead in time to like 50ms or 100ms and test with the song not start at beginning of the record..that lip at the beginning of the vinyl might be interfering. also make sure your anti skate is setup proprly ..could be pushing the needle out the groove..
and when u say its more stable in relative mode is because relative mode only reads forward or backward so position is not a factor...thats what makes me think you guys show setup the tonearm properly set or make sure anti skate is working this are the things that make 1200s stable..not just the weight

I already try that u will see it in the video i posted last week and when i have the weight on the heaviest thats when it does not skip on me but the beginning of the song skips on me on some track look at the video i posted i test it every witch way.STILL the same problem .Can u make a video so i can see how u have it set up.Look at mine.And i have my tone arms right i did look at the video on youtube about 3 week ago and i test it every witch way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynIDWgo2lpo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIBtZR941Yw&list=UUap5kkigjahy4ptRLMIwcRA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdxAn64aK3Y&index=76&list=UUap5kkigjahy4ptRLMIwcRA

This guys tell u everything about tech 1200 turntables
so i been following his instruction and like i said its not just the skipping it in the beginning of the track how the song starts and u try to scratch it in on some track its not right something is off.That why i been saying its a software issue we need some type of setting to fix the position of the track so the track do not start that way and a antiskip mode.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 7:00 pm
Here goes something i found If the motor being of has something to do with timecode let me know.

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 12:16 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yeah - its a bug. Thats called sticker drift.

angelt99 and I posted vids about that - we all used different methods to reproduce sticker drift - but it is related to the same issue.

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 12:45 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Here goes something i found If the motor being of has something to do with timecode let me know.

Wow u see I have the same exact problem that u are having.Thanks for post thing that hopefully the dev see this to we are all having the same problem.it most def a bug .Its a big software issue.

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 6:13 am
angelt99 wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Wow u see I have the same exact problem that u are having.Thanks for post thing that hopefully the dev see this to we are all having the same problem.it most def a bug .Its a big software issue.

Same problem on the CDJs... I cue'd on a percussion but it keeps drifting away from the cue point

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1fwnwhwy5g0ye6/Cue%20drift.mp4

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 7:13 am
this is how you should test your timecode....especially the slow way....

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 10:58 am
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010

I just try out your setting i am still having the same problem in the beginning of the tracks when i scratch from the beginning it start to fast and on some tracks it skips from the beginning it has to be a software issue but past the beginning of the track it better on scratching but on some track the wave form drift a little on me when i scratch that cause it to skip sometime.
I am using for my soundcard is HERCULES RMX 2 SO I ACTUALLY can not but my latency to the 1 u posted LATENCY : automatic (11ms/441 in asio panel) but i try everything still the same problem.BUT thank on trying to help but believe me i been trying everything to see if i could fix the problem day and night nothing still come up with the same problem .So it is a most def a software issue.
[/quote]

please take a look, somewhere in your hercules control center you should find the option to set 44100khz and ASIO latency in either bit ( try 441) or in ms, try 11

than in vdj, set scratchfilterquality to 22 !
i just noticed pitch fluctuation when rapidly firing the same cue for a bit. thats gone on 22

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 12:38 pm

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 11:19 pm
One would think that with the change log getting shorter each week, that the software is ready for public use. I see bugs reported 2 days ago getting fixed instantaneously. Luckily I reverted to 7.4.1 for my gigs this weekend and it worked like a treat minus the inferior sound quality. I thought they would at least attempt to present a fix for our time code woes but maybe not *sigh*

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 9:41 am
Another release no timecode focus..well just borrowed a lappy with serato dj from a friend to play with on my vci400 for a day or two...lets see if i like it.

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 8:28 pm
hi all,
i've tested the timecodes on vdj 8 a little more and this is what i've discovered.
For this test i'm using the stanton scs 1.m as midi mixer/controller and main sound card(1 timecode input, master output, headphone and and monitor output), the hercules dj console mk2 as additional timecode input, all using asio, samplerate on the stanton is 48 KHz, on the hercules is 44.1 Khz, under windows 7 32 bit, 8 Giga of ram, pae enabled, i7 2600k cpu.
As i said in my previous posts, i'm not encountering most of the problems described here(just the hercules had problems @ 48 Khz samplerate), but after working with hot cues using as controller my stanton scs 1.d, i discovered a problem.
I'm using smart mode, but this is not different if i set relative mode, in small words, i have a 4 decks configuration inside virtual dj, where decks 1 and 2 are controlled by 2 stanton scs 1.d motorized platters and decks 3 and 4 are controlled by timecode, so i wanted to use the hot cue pads of the scs 1.d on deck 3 while timecode is running and to do that i disabled the vinyl mode to avoid conflicts between the motorized platter of the scs 1.d and the timecode.
At first time when recalling hot cues, everything seemed fine, but after some scratching, a problem appeared, the virtual deck's pitch gone to - 100% and playing reverse, then i've been unable to control it over the timecode and re-positioning the stylus at the beginning of the vinyl works for a moment(song position is taken to the start), but it still play reverse for a moment and the pitch is still - 100%, so i watched at the scs 1.d as it is equipped with a motorized pitch fader and it is at the lower position too, so i tried to reset it, but it gets stuck at minimum as if someone is forcing it, so i first released the stylus from the timecode, then i switched the scs 1.d back to deck 1 then to deck 3 again and this time i've been able to reset the pitch and timecode worked again.
After this problem i realized that the motorized pitch slider fight against the timecode pitch, so i tried to recall the hot cues with my e-mu xboard and this way everything is fine.
I have to check if i can disable the pitch on the controller to avoid this problem, all the rest is good, good sync between waveform and vinyl position.
Today i updated to beta build 1897.732, i'll check again to discover if something is wrong.

Sal

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 8:52 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
^^So basically you came to the same underlining repeating theme in the thread - "timecodes need to be fixed"..

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 9:30 pm
46%